PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gant is a Smart Man

RKMeibalane
08-07-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm watching the Phillies-Braves telecast via MLBTV. Brett Myers pitched well for three innings before running into trouble in the fourth, and Ron Gant said, "Myers has done a complete 360 from where he was earlier."

Well done, Ron. You are still the man! :cool:

tstrike2000
08-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm watching the Phillies-Braves telecast via MLBTV. Brett Myers pitched well for three innings before running into trouble in the fourth, and Ron Gant said, "Myers has done a complete 360 from where he was earlier."

Well done, Ron. You are still the man! :cool:

Just one of many ex-players and "analysts" who have great ability to point out the obvious. That quote sounded like a Tim McCarver:

"Roy Oswalt is a drop and drive pitcher. What is a drop and drive pitcher? He is a guy who drops and drives. Very simple." - Tim McCarver (2005 WS Game 4, 10/26) Very insightful Tim!

pearso66
08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Just one of many ex-players and "analysts" who have great ability to point out the obvious. That quote sounded like a Tim McCarver:

"Roy Oswalt is a drop and drive pitcher. What is a drop and drive pitcher? He is a guy who drops and drives. Very simple." - Tim McCarver (2005 WS Game 4, 10/26) Very insightful Tim!

lol, unfortunately he couldn't even point out the obvious, as doing a complete 360 would mean he was doing exactly the same.

MeteorsSox4367
08-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Is Ron Gant stealing DJ's ideas again?

EastCoastSoxFan
08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Is Ron Gant stealing DJ's ideas again?He's just finished his residency at DJ's college of rocket surgery...

0o0o0
08-11-2006, 11:52 AM

HA! I forgot about that.

RKMeibalane
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM
HA! I forgot about that.

Or better yet...

"Greg Maddux doesn't walk a lot people because he doesn't throw ball four to a lot of hitters."

batmanZoSo
08-12-2006, 03:24 AM
lol, unfortunately he couldn't even point out the obvious, as doing a complete 360 would mean he was doing exactly the same.

I'm always bothered by the whole 360 thing. Couldn't a definition of a 360 be "a complete turnaround," which is exactly what the pitcher did? I mean it is a metaphor, we're not talking geometry here...

batmanZoSo
08-12-2006, 03:26 AM

I remember that. And he says things like that in a very condescending way as if to profess he's some kind of baseball genius and you should know these things. Hell, I get such a kick out of making fun of him I don't want to see him go. I mean, come on is FOX gonna do any better? No.