PDA

View Full Version : How much better/worse do you feel this year about the Sox compared to last?

HawkDJ
02-19-2002, 07:34 PM
Do you feel better or worse about the Sox chances this year compared to how you felt about the Sox chances last year at about this time?

I feel worse. Last year I thought we would win the Central for sure but be competing for the ALCS and World Series. This year I think the Sox will win the Central for sure but not so sure if they can take it any farther.

(I obviously don't have a way for words :(: )

Pete_SSAC
02-19-2002, 07:44 PM
Honestly, I feel better this time than I did at ST last year. I'm not sure why, I just had a bad feeling. Much better one this time around though.

Eh, I'm crazy like that.

- Pete

Dadawg_77
02-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Last year we were coming off the high of making the playoffs. This year we are coming off the low of finishing thrid, so with a worse startign point people's feeling on the team should tend to be lower this year as compared to last.

bjmarte
02-19-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Last year we were coming off the high of making the playoffs. This year we are coming off the low of finishing thrid, so with a worse startign point people's feeling on the team should tend to be lower this year as compared to last.

Exactly. Last year I expected them to make it well into the playoffs and possibly the WS. I am still very optimistic about this season though. I think we will see playoffs for sure, and hopefully make it past the first round this time. No real hope for a WS though, but I do hold on to that little glimmer of possibility.

kermittheefrog
02-20-2002, 12:01 AM
2000 was a hue surprise that left a lot of people ready for the Sox to win another 95 games and go to the series. Personally I was worried about regression to the mean which is what we saw. I predicted the Sox would win 86 games and I bet they would have been right there at my prodection with a healthy Frank Thomas. This year things look a lot better, PK and Carlos are reaching their peaks as hitters. Magglio is still the man. Frank Thomas is one of the best hitters in baseball if he's healthy. Mark Buehrle has proved himself. I'm sure if Clayton starts like crap it won't be tolerated this year. I'm pumped about this year, I think it'll be a lot better than last year and while I'm not as *excited* as I was coming into spring last year, I am definitely more confident in this team.

voodoochile
02-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
2000 was a hue surprise that left a lot of people ready for the Sox to win another 95 games and go to the series. Personally I was worried about regression to the mean which is what we saw. I predicted the Sox would win 86 games and I bet they would have been right there at my prodection with a healthy Frank Thomas. This year things look a lot better, PK and Carlos are reaching their peaks as hitters. Magglio is still the man. Frank Thomas is one of the best hitters in baseball if he's healthy. Mark Buehrle has proved himself. I'm sure if Clayton starts like crap it won't be tolerated this year. I'm pumped about this year, I think it'll be a lot better than last year and while I'm not as *excited* as I was coming into spring last year, I am definitely more confident in this team.

Well said. I was very happy and excited going into last year, but 2000 had been such a fairy tale of a season, that you almost were waiting for the other shoe to drop. When it did it was a biggie...

I think with the experience starting to catch up to the talent and the return of Frank and a bunch of veteran RP's things are looking good for 2003.

I guess I'm about the same, but my expectations are more grounded this year...