PDA

View Full Version : Reds Acquire Another Pitcher and Lo Duca Divorce in NY

y2j2785
08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Both from Rotoworld.com

The Reds have reportedly acquired Ryan Franklin from the Phillies for a player to be named.

GM Wayne Krivsky keeps collecting arms. It's possible that one of his most hyped acquisitions, Gary Majewski, will go down to make room for Franklin, who should pitch in middle relief. Franklin had a 4.58 ERA in 53 innings of relief before getting cut by the Phillies last week.

According to the New York Post, Paul Lo Duca's wife has filed for divorce on charges of adultery.

Sonia Lo Duca, a former Playboy model, has filed papers in her Texas hometown claiming that their marriage has "become insupportable" because of "adultery." Knowing this was coming, Paul Lo Duca said Friday that he didn't intend to talk to the media for the rest of the year. The issues from his personal life haven't taken any sort of toll on his performance so far, but it's possible that they will at some point.

buehrle4cy05
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Didn't Franklin get suspended for roids last year?

nedlug
08-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Didn't Franklin get suspended for roids last year?

Some pitcher named Franklin did - I do remember that. Probably was him, then.

y2j2785
08-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Some pitcher named Franklin did - I do remember that. Probably was him, then.

maybe it was Wayne Franklin? :?:

JUribe1989
08-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Ryan Franklin got suspended for 10 games last year by MLB for steroids. After his suspension, he got in a fight with Adrian Beltre in the dugout and essentially punched his ticket out of Seattle.

I don't understand why Lo Duca won't talk to the media at all because of his divorce.

Huisj
08-07-2006, 02:30 PM
That's interesting about sending down Majewski, but after looking at his stats, it's not a surprise. He was great in April, May, and June, and he's gotten his brains beaten out in July and August. Opponents are hitting .467 off him since the All Star break.

Fenway
08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't understand why Lo Duca won't talk to the media at all because of his divorce.

Would you in NY? Post went nuts today

August 7, 2006 -- Met All-Star catcher Paul Lo Duca’s Playboy-model wife, Sonia, has thrown him a curve — filing a divorce petition that claims he’s been playing the field.
The suit says their marriage has reached its last inning because of his “adultery.”
The Brooklyn-born jock and his bride have a 21-month-old daughter. Full Story (http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/foul_bawl_from_met_lo_ducas_sexy_wife_regionalnews _cary_cardwell_in_san_antonio_and_larry_celona_in_ new_york.htm)

BNLSox
08-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Anyone got a photo of Sonia Lo Duca? I can't seem to find one which is amazing since she supposedly models and I'm not exactly new to searching the net.

White City
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
http://www.nypost.com/img/front080706.gif

http://www.nypost.com/img/front080706.gif

nysox35
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
That pic inspired me to buy the Post even though I'm usually a Daily News reader...
:D:

Fenway
08-08-2006, 10:09 AM
That pic inspired me to buy the Post even though I'm usually a Daily News reader...
:D:

Mike Lupica weighs in on the divorce this morning and wonders if LoDuca has a gambling problem

Mike Lupica: This is how fast it changes for everybody and how fast it changed for Paul Lo Duca, a good Brooklyn-born catcher and a good guy this season batting No. 2 for the Mets, the No. 1 team in the National League and maybe in town. One day you are in the middle of what has been a dream season, for you and for your baseball team. The next you are on the front page of the newspaper because of a divorce.
FULL STORY (http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/441785p-372047c.html)

Fenway
08-09-2006, 09:00 AM
I love the NY POST

CATCHER IN THE 'LIE' AS SEXY TRYST TEENAGER CALLS MET STAR A 2-TIMING 'SCUM'

By LARRY CELONA and SELIM ALGAR
August 9, 2006 -- EXCLUSIVE
A sexy Long Island teen revealed in an explosive interview yesterday that she and married Met catcher Paul Lo Duca have been carrying on a steamy affair since April, enjoying secret trysts at his pad and sharing intimate phone calls.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/catcher_in_the_lie_as_sexy_tryst_teenager_calls_me t_star_a_2_timing_scum_regionalnews_larry_celona_a nd_selim_algar.htm

caulfield12
08-09-2006, 10:52 AM
We're getting into a new era in sports and reporting in general.

So many stories are being broken on the Internet, with myspace.com also being cited numerous times.

Just off the top of my head, you have the Larry Eustachy drinking photos (at college parties) and then last week, a Texas A&M fan had heard about indiscretions at an Oklahoma car dealership (all these players weren't working but were still getting paid, by check, nice move there, way to leave a paper trail) because his wife worked there and he posted it all on rivals.com and that was the end of the Rhett Bomar Era.

nysox35
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I love the NY POST

CATCHER IN THE 'LIE' AS SEXY TRYST TEENAGER CALLS MET STAR A 2-TIMING 'SCUM'

By LARRY CELONA and SELIM ALGAR
August 9, 2006 -- EXCLUSIVE
A sexy Long Island teen revealed in an explosive interview yesterday that she and married Met catcher Paul Lo Duca have been carrying on a steamy affair since April, enjoying secret trysts at his pad and sharing intimate phone calls.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/catcher_in_the_lie_as_sexy_tryst_teenager_calls_me t_star_a_2_timing_scum_regionalnews_larry_celona_a nd_selim_algar.htm

Haha, awesome...Lo Duca met his mistress at Bridgeview, where I partied on Memorial Day weekend.
I met some 18 year olds too, but I'm not famous, 34 and married w/ 2 kids, so it's not national news :D:

palehozenychicty
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Haha, awesome...Lo Duca met his mistress at Bridgeview, where I partied on Memorial Day weekend.
I met some 18 year olds too, but I'm not famous, 34 and married w/ 2 kids, so it's not national news :D:

Dag, it sounds like he screwed up big. Duca is my favorite Met, and I like most of them. I think the Mets and Sox have the most amout of likeable players in baseball, and will make a great WS of features.

nysox35
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Dag, it sounds like he screwed up big. Duca is my favorite Met, and I like most of them. I think the Mets and Sox have the most amout of likeable players in baseball, and will make a great WS of features.

Agreed that it would be an entertaining series.
I'm sure the networks wouldn't mind that matchup given that NY vs. Chicago would be a good storyline.
However, I'm sure they'd much prefer the other two teams from those cities, despite the fact it won't happen.