PDA

View Full Version : Story about Parque...

czalgosz
02-19-2002, 07:12 PM
In CS.com -

http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,175618,00.html

This line gave me a headache -

When you go out and throw and aren't able to throw the way you're used to throwing, you have to work around it.

Urgh.

Paulwny
02-19-2002, 07:17 PM
Sorry about my post, a day late etc.......

kermittheefrog
02-19-2002, 07:24 PM
Hell yeah! Injured but Hopeful pitcher story!

kermittheefrog
02-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Ok seriously, I like how Parque talks about how it's good to have his "speed" back on his pitches. Am I remembering the same Jim Parque? The one who when healthy was throwing in the upper 80s anyway. He talks like he threw 95.

Jerry_Manuel
02-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Hell yeah! Injured but Hopeful pitcher story!

Yep, that's why I can't stand spring training articles.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Ok seriously, I like how Parque talks about how it's good to have his "speed" back on his pitches. Am I remembering the same Jim Parque? The one who when healthy was throwing in the upper 80s anyway. He talks like he threw 95.

Parque has always been a bit delusional. Who can forget him whining about never getting a chance to complete a game, then getting hurt after Manuel relents and leaves him in for his first CG victory last April.

So what does Parque say after he's scheduled for surgery? "I've been hurt all along."

You know something, there is no substitute for intelligence.

:jerry
"I should have kicked his scrawny little ***!"

RichH55
02-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Parque has always been a bit delusional. Who can forget him whining about never getting a chance to complete a game, then getting hurt after Manuel relents and leaves him in for his first CG victory last April.

So what does Parque say after he's scheduled for surgery? "I've been hurt all along."

You know something, there is no substitute for intelligence.

:jerry
"I should have kicked his scrawny little ***!"

Stanford U baby!

kermittheefrog
02-20-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by RichH55

Stanford U baby!

I don't get it...

Randar68
02-20-2002, 07:45 AM
Parque is from UCLA...

Borchard is from Stanford

RichH55
02-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Parque is from UCLA...

Borchard is from Stanford

Now see I could try to play this off as if I was being witty and profound and saying where Parque failed a guy like Borchard could succeed since he has a better head on his shoulders....but I just messed up and thought Parque went to Stanford for some reason...UCLA Baby@! There we go....c'est la vie