PDA

View Full Version : Canseco signs with the Expos

Vsahajpal
02-19-2002, 04:40 PM
lol

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0219/1336565.html

cheeses_h_rice
02-19-2002, 04:41 PM
This will make certain Canseco-obsessed folks on the Troll Board veeeery happy, I'm sure.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 05:17 PM
:canseco

Do I need to learn French? How are the Canadian women? Where's Montreal? In Louisiana? Hello?

:gulp:

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 05:18 PM

Have you noticed my firm buttocks?
:gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 07:01 PM
How long before he starts whining about playing the outfield?

:shammy
"I'm almost as bad. Jose gave away a homer with his head. I gave away one with my glove."

"I could break you in half, jerk."

foulkesfan11
02-19-2002, 07:27 PM
That's no big loss.

:kelly

Pete_SSAC
02-19-2002, 07:48 PM
Wait!?! How desperate are the Expos? I mean, I would have never thought that a NL team would sign him.

Note to self. MLB makes a horrible GM.

- Pete

Daver
02-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Wait!?! How desperate are the Expos? I mean, I would have never thought that a NL team would sign him.

Note to self. MLB makes a horrible GM.

- Pete

This was probably not a bad move for the Expo's,they have no hope of winning anything,and by signing Magilla Gorilla they at least add something that may put some fanny's in the seats in Montreal.

Pete_SSAC
02-19-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by daver

This was probably not a bad move for the Expo's,they have no hope of winning anything,and by signing Magilla Gorilla they at least add something that may put some fanny's in the seats in Montreal.

Very good point. May be fun too, ya know for $hits and giggles to see him run around and try to play some D.

- Pete

Daver
02-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Very good point. May be fun too, ya know for $hits and giggles to see him run around and try to play some D.

- Pete

You never know,he might be the first man in the MLB to have two homerun balls bounce off his head.:redneck

duke of dorwood
02-19-2002, 09:50 PM
I think he HAS to play the outfield in Montreal

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I think he HAS to play the outfield in Montreal

Doh! I'm thinking he played 1B, too.

Frank Robinson is wasting no time putting his personal stamp on the Montreal Expos. You think they can average more than 4,000 per game this year?

Daver
02-19-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Doh! I'm thinking he played 1B, too.

Frank Robinson is wasting no time putting his personal stamp on the Montreal Expos. You think they can average more than 4,000 per game this year?

Nope.

And Canseco at first base would be worth watching.Too bad the Expos have no TV deal.

Pete_SSAC
02-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by daver

Nope.

And Canseco at first base would be worth watching.Too bad the Expos have no TV deal.

Heh, That would be enough alone to fill a blooper reel.

*boink*

- Pete

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 10:26 PM
Hey, double or nothing Frank Robinson thinks Canseco can play first base, too!

http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/ african/2000/1974_04.jpg
"Oh crap, this is the National League!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey, double or nothing Frank Robinson thinks Canseco can play first base, too!

"Oh crap, this is the National League!"

RichH55
02-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Mark me down as saying Jose will be a productive ballplayer this year

doublem23
02-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Probably should have gone back to the Newark Bears

CubKilla
02-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Only place to put him is in RF or on 1st base. I'm gonna go with RF.

voodoochile
02-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Someone was saying that this is exactly the kind of crap they were going to do (PHG?) and then when they sign a bunch of overpaid veteran crap and waste a bunch of money and then still don't win or make money they can claim they were right all along and disband the team.

I just didn't think they would be so obvious so soon...

PaleHoseGeorge
02-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Someone was saying that this is exactly the kind of crap they were going to do (PHG?) and then when they sign a bunch of overpaid veteran crap and waste a bunch of money and then still don't win or make money they can claim they were right all along and disband the team.

I just didn't think they would be so obvious so soon...

I said they were going sell off everything of value. Adding Canseco to the team (especially a team playing in the National League!) makes somebody else on the Expos roster with a real future in baseball expendable. The one exception they might not sell-off is Vlad, simply to protect themselves from charges of "uncompetitive behavior", "against the best interests of the game", blah, blah, blah...

One thing I'll guarantee you right now: WHATEVER happens over the next seven months, baseball will use it as an excuse to disband the Expos. Nothing short of a World Series championship is going to save them.

You can take that to the bank.

Meatpants
02-20-2002, 09:51 AM
I guarantee he will not give up til he gets to 500.

FarmerAndy
02-20-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Mark me down as saying Jose will be a productive ballplayer this year

Put my name on that list too.

moochpuppy
02-20-2002, 02:01 PM

"Do you think they could add some mirrors in right field for me?"

Foulke You
02-20-2002, 03:22 PM
Hey, lay off the trained Gorilla! I was impressed with Jose last year. In the fastball friendly NL, Canseco could hit 40HR next year if he stays healthy. That is a big if since he will be playing on turf at Olympic Stadium. Turf will be hard on his fragile knees and back. As far as playing the outfield goes, he certainly can't be worse than Carlos Lee. On another topic, I think Canseco has a career in the WWF when he's done with baseball. What do you think?

You guys are bad mouthing me? Come and say that to my face and I'll snap you like a twig!!

Chisox_cali
02-21-2002, 12:40 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020220/capt.1014235118expos_spring_fwl107.jpg
"I'll be a 40/40 guy in Montreal if they let me play"

kermittheefrog
02-21-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

One thing I'll guarantee you right now: WHATEVER happens over the next seven months, baseball will use it as an excuse to disband the Expos. Nothing short of a World Series championship is going to save them.

You can take that to the bank.

It's bull**** George, there is no way a baseball team gets contracted/disbanded anytime in the next several years. The Expos are getting moved, the reasont they went through that whole Expos/Marlins/Red Sox sales crap is just because they don't want Jeffrey Loria to get the benefits from the Expos moving. If you think MLB will legitimately disband a team you're believe too much of what's coming out of dishonorable Bud's mouth.