PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Blame It On Rios 8/6/06 Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Well that sucked. Unless TB comes back, we'll be back to second in the wild card.:angry:

BeviBall!
08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Well, truth be told you could blame it on a lot of things, but I think you'll agree that Blame It On Aaron Hill doesn't sound as good.

They got the big, clutch hits and struck a lot of our guys out. All that adds up to a long afternoon (especially for Hawk) but we still took the series and finished up the road trip an outstanding 6-3.

"Can of corn... can of corn... can of corn... no. It's 7-3."

Come on home and start a winning streak against Public Jag #1 Kelvim Escobar.

samram
08-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I think Ozzie was one batter too late in removing JC, but dat's da way it goes. Hopefully, the Sox can use the homestand to start making up some ground. This is a big week.

rowand33
08-06-2006, 02:49 PM
well that sucked.

nothing more to say.

let's get em tomorrow.

cheeses_h_rice
08-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Still one of the best records in MLB, and we took 2 of 3 from one of the better AL teams. Could be worse.

:gulp:

BeviBall!
08-06-2006, 02:50 PM
I think Ozzie was one batter too late in removing JC, but dat's da way it goes. Hopefully, the Sox can use the homestand to start making up some ground. This is a big week.
Ozzie has had a reversal in fortune showing confidence in his starters to get out of jams this year. Last year, they bristled up and got out of those jams. This year, not so much. So looking forward to this 11-game homestand.

Bucky F. Dent
08-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Good Grief!
Time to go kick the neighbor's dog!

batmanZoSo
How do you lose ground on a 6-3 road trip? When Cleveland loses on purpose to screw you. :rolleyes:

Weak performance by Jose when we needed a good one. He got a three run cushion against a good pitcher and didn't do his job. Even worse job by the bullpen.

Patrick134
Another nice road series win. Now bring it on home and keep it up.

MrX
08-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Pitching and offense both stunk up the joint. Contreras has a little Vazquez in him as of late where he gives up a big inning that is the difference in the game.

After the way they were playing 6-3 is still a good road trip.

Cleveland's pitching shutsdown the Tigers, but of course the offense sucks it up and they lose 1-0.

Jason Michaels is horrible. Good thing Marte and him are picking up where Crisp left off.

1951Campbell
08-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Yet another series win, at least.

Corlose 15
08-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Well, so much for one good pitching performance building on another. Starting pitching is what is going to get this team into the playoffs and they still need to pick it up.

CYGarland20
The only thing that can salvage this day is if Boston and Minny lose

DickAllen72
How do you lose ground on a 6-3 road trip? When Cleveland loses on purpose to screw you. :rolleyes:

Sox went 6-3 on a nine game trip against two crappy teams and one team on a losing streak. They should have gone 8-1. Meanwhile, Detroit beats a crappy team. That's how you lose ground.

Now they have to play against good teams.

Patrick134
08-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Sox went 6-3 on a nine game trip against two crappy teams and one team on a losing streak. They should have gone 8-1. Meanwhile, Detroit beats a crappy team. That's how you lose ground.

Now they have to play against good teams.

8-1 the way the sox were playing before the trip would be an insane expectation. good trip, a nice one to build on now.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Now they have to play against good teams.I agree, we should have at least went 7-2 against these teams. I'm praying we show up for the Skanks and Tiggers

slobes
08-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Ahh I had to leave when the Sox were up 3-0, so I thought we had this one in the bag. Apparently not. Silver lining: still winning 2/3 of our games.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Really thought we were going to get the sweep. Oh well, a few weeks ago in July we would have been happy as hell for a 6-3 road trip.

Let kick butt at home!

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Cleveland wetting the bed the way Minnesota did last year vs the Indians.

At least the Tigers and Twins beat up on each other the next 3 games. Sox just have to take care of business against the Halos, Yankees, & Tigers.

DickAllen72
08-06-2006, 03:04 PM
8-1 the way the sox were playing before the trip would be an insane expectation. good trip, a nice one to build on now.

Yeah, but if the Sox continue to lose ground they won't get into the playoffs.

TheOldRoman
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Stat of the day: 6.2 innings of CRAP.
We scored our 3rd run with out out in the 3rd, and we were done for the day. I guess the offense decided Toronto couldn't come back against an insurmountable 3 run lead, so they took the rest of the day off. They had Burnett on the ropes, and then they stopped punching. The only good pitcher they faced came in the 9th inning. They were dominated by Scott Schoenweis.
Iguchi was beyond horrible today. His powerful 0-4 was topped only by his brainlapse in the 7th. It was only fitting that he made the last out. He needs a day or 5 off.

JB98
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm very disappointed in Contreras. He was given a 3-0 lead, and he completely spit the bit in that fourth inning. Ozzie left him in one batter too long in the seventh, which is a similar story to what we saw with Garcia the final game in Kansas City.

Decent road trip, but it could have been better. Against struggling teams, 6-3 should be the bare minimum expectation.

I'll look on the bright side: We didn't hit any home runs for the second straight game. Hooray!

JB98
08-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Stat of the day: 6.2 innings of CRAP.
We scored our 3rd run with out out in the 3rd, and we were done for the day. I guess the offense decided Toronto couldn't come back against an insurmountable 3 run lead, so they took the rest of the day off. They had Burnett on the ropes, and then they stopped punching. The only good pitcher they faced came in the 9th inning. They were dominated by Scott Schoenweis.
Iguchi was beyond horrible today. His powerful 0-4 was topped only by his brainlapse in the 7th. It was only fitting that he made the last out. He needs a day or 5 off.

I'm not sure our offense has gotten a single hit off Scott Schoeneweis in the last two years. No teal.

TheOldRoman
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm very disappointed in Contreras. He was given a 3-0 lead, and he completely spit the bit in that fourth inning. Ozzie left him in one batter too long in the seventh, which is a similar story to what we saw with Garcia the final game in Kansas City.

Decent road trip, but it could have been better. Against struggling teams, 6-3 should be the bare minimum expectation.

I'll look on the bright side: We didn't hit any home runs for the second straight game. Hooray!
Contreras, much like the offense, thought that there was a slaughter rule after 3 runs. He didn't have his good stuff today. Even through 3, he didn't look good. But in the 4th, he completely fell apart. Hopefully this was just a speedbump for Jose. I think he can revert to his first half form.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Cleveland wetting the bed the way Minnesota did last year vs the Indians.

At least the Tigers and Twins beat up on each other the next 3 games.at this point we need a Tiger sweep

Patrick134
08-06-2006, 03:15 PM
at this point we need a Tiger sweep

Not true at all. we have 10 left with the tigers. That doesnt mean we count on making up that deficit by winning all 10. The Sox need to gain 5 or 6 elsewhere, and hopefully go 7-3 in the head to heads. Look, if nobody else is gonna give the tigers a fight ( ala the tribe this weekend), then worrying about the division is over. The tigers will slump, we'll see how they handle it.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Contreras, much like the offense, thought that there was a slaughter rule after 3 runs. He didn't have his good stuff today. Even through 3, he didn't look good. But in the 4th, he completely fell apart. Hopefully this was just a speedbump for Jose. I think he can revert to his first half form.He left a ton of pitches down the middle today. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. And in the 7th, im still dumbfounded as to why Cotts was warming up, yet OZ opted to stay with JC against Catalanatto

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Not true at all. we have 10 left with the tigers. That doesnt mean we count on making up that deficit by winning all 10. The Sox need to gain 5 or 6 elsewhere, and hopefully go 7-3 in the head to heads. Look, if nobody else is gonna give the tigers a fight ( ala the tribe this weekend), then worrying about the division is over. The tigers will slump, we'll see how they handle it. The way the Sox have played this year, I'd be stunned if we caught the Tigers. I hope to God we do, but right now I'm focused on us winning the WC

TheOldRoman
08-06-2006, 03:22 PM
He left a ton of pitches down the middle today. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. And in the 7th, im still dumbfounded as to why Cotts was warming up, yet OZ opted to stay with JC against Catalanatto Well, he made pretty good pitches against Catalanatto, and he got a ground ball. Iguchi looked to be a little out of position (considering there was a runner on first), but he was able to put it through the hole. If Iguchi's head were not in his ass, he would have gunned down the runner at home by 15 feet. I wouldn't have mattered anyway, because the game was over in the 4th innings, the offense decided that.
Jose's problems started when he added the much lauded new arm angle. Ever since then, he has not been good. He needs to eliminate that arm angle, and stick with what worked before. I think he is getting caught inbetween too much.

Cellview22
It's becoming a habit whenever Ozzie goes out to the mound to check on his starting pitcher, they lose confidence and completely lose it. It's as if Ozzie's putting too much pressure on them when he's asking how they feel out there. Ozzie should have pulled Jose out of the game the second he walked out there.

Patrick134
The way the Sox have played this year, I'd be stunned if we caught the Tigers. I hope to God we do, but right now I'm focused on us winning the WC

Well if you're just talking WC, then a detroit sweep isnt necessary in the least.

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 03:24 PM
We can't sweep anyone. What else is new with this team.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Bottom of the 9th in TB, game tied 6-6. Here's hoping for a D-ray win :gulp:

Patrick134
08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
We can't sweep anyone. What else is new with this team.

Tell that to the St. Louis Cardinals.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Well if you're just talking WC, then a detroit sweep isnt necessary in the least.It help's keep Minny off our tail

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Cardinals have nothing to do with us.:rolleyes:

Patrick134
08-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Cardinals have nothing to do with us.:rolleyes:

It's a team the sox swept, which you just said they couldn't do. Granted it was 2 months ago, but your statement was all encompassing.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 03:30 PM
winning run on 2nd and 1 out for Tb

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 03:30 PM
It's a team the sox swept, which you just said they couldn't do.

It was about 1 or 2 months ago?

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 03:33 PM

Or the Detroit Tigers.......Cincinnati Reds.......Los Angeles Angels.....

JB98
08-06-2006, 03:36 PM

As I pointed out in the other thread, the White Sox have taken the first two games of a three-game set 16 times this year. When trying to finish a sweep, they are 7-9. At one point, they were 5-1. That means the Sox have lost eight of their last 10 while going for a three-game sweep. A number of those eight losses were games given away with foolish mistakes.

It's like the guys lose their edge mentally after they win the first two. In a tight pennant race, it's a shame that these lapses are continuing to happen. We had a 3-0 lead after three innings today, and then of all a sudden, we forgot how to play the rest of the afternoon. I'm disappointed. 6-3 is a decent trip, but 7-2 would have looked much better against this weak competition.

Chisox1500
08-06-2006, 03:50 PM
This was a good trip if the Sox want October off. Have to do better against weak teams like Baltimore and K.C. The Sox are now 9 out.

The divisional race is over. Take 5 of 6 from Boston and we'll probably win the Wild Card, unless Minnesota beats both Sox.

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Well not all is bad.

Greg Norton walkoff homer vs the BoSox. 7-6 DRays win. Sox still up in the wild card race.

Patrick134
08-06-2006, 03:55 PM
This was a good trip if the Sox want October off. Have to do better against weak teams like Baltimore and K.C. The Sox are now 9 out.

The divisional race is over. Take 5 of 6 from Boston and we'll probably win the Wild Card, unless Minnesota beats both Sox.

At this point last the the central division race was "over" too. I'm not saying it would be easy, but it's far from over.

Kub_Killer_15
08-06-2006, 03:56 PM
The good news is tampa bay hit a walk off homerun against the red sox!:bandance:

JB98
08-06-2006, 03:56 PM
Well not all is bad.

Greg Norton walkoff homer vs the BoSox. 7-6 DRays win. Sox still up in the wild card race.

NORTON!!! YOU'RE THE GREATEST!!!!!!!!:supernana:

That's a devastating loss for the Red Sox. They were up 6-2 in the seventh! The Devil Rays give them fits down there.

We'll take it, thank you very much.

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 03:57 PM
At this point last the the central division race was "over" too. I'm not saying it would be easy, but it's far from over.

Trust me. This race was over last month.

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 03:57 PM

That's a devastating loss for the Red Sox. They were up 6-2 in the seventh! The Devil Rays give them fits down there.

Big deal. We didn't do anything today either.

TheOldRoman
08-06-2006, 03:58 PM
:rolleyes:

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Good answer.

JB98
08-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Last month at this time, we were two games out. :?:

The race is not over. We do need Detroit to come back to the field in order to catch them. It's a long shot, but I will not say the race is over until it is mathematically so.

Patrick134

More quotes from last year. Thanks for proving my point. Nowhere do I predict a sox division win. But it's far from over.

CLR01
Or the Detroit Tigers.......Cincinnati Reds.......Los Angeles Angels.....

You're just wasting your time with that one.

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Have faith!!! We're 22 games above .500 still.:rolleyes:

CLR01
08-06-2006, 04:01 PM

Yeah because 6-3 is a bad road trip.:rolleyes:

I love postgame threads after a loss. The "realist" are entertaining.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 04:02 PM

The divisional race is over. Take 5 of 6 from Boston and we'll probably win the Wild Card, unless Minnesota beats both Sox.we only play Boston 3 more times..............No matter how you slice it, these next 2 months are going to be VERY interesting to say the least

JB98
Big deal. We didn't do anything today either.

Coming into Friday's action, we were .5 out of the wild-card lead. Now, we are .5 ahead. That's progress. If you can't rejoice in the one positive from today, then to hell with you. Go take a dump in someone else's cereal.

Pierzynski 12
Yeah because 6-3 is a bad road trip.:rolleyes:

I love postgame threads after a loss. The "realist" are entertaining.

Couldn't sweep the Royals is a joke. It's not even funny.

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 04:03 PM

Wow, I didn't know that the Sox completed all of their games vs the Tigers.......who they're so far 6-3 against.........and this is the beginning of August........and there's still over 55 games left in the year.

But hey, it's over, right. Cool. I can now focus all my attention on the Bears. :rolleyes:

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Wow, I didn't know that the Sox completed all of their games vs the Tigers.......who they're so far 6-3 against.........and this is the beginning of August........and there's still over 55 games left in the year.

But hey, it's over, right. Cool. I can now focus all my attention on the Bears. :rolleyes:

Thank god for Bears Football.:gulp:

JB98
08-06-2006, 04:06 PM

Actually, I thank god for the White Sox. Last year, I ignored the Bears until November. I hope to do the same again this fall.

CLR01
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Have faith!!! We're 22 games above .500 still.:rolleyes:

OMG..OMG..OMG...we won the series but couldn't sweep. This team sucks, they're finished. We are lucky they're not battling the Royals for last place and if not for the NL central they probably would be. I'm so angry I ..I.. I may not watch them ever again and I mean that too, I didn't pay attention to them at all until they won the world series. The offense can't score, the pitchers can't pitch and the bullpen is only good for scratching themselves. Ozzie, Joey and the gang are all morons, Kenny doesn't know how to run a championship team and Jerry's cheap. I hate you White Sox. :whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::w hiner::whiner::whiner:

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Actually, I thank god for the White Sox. Last year, I ignored the Bears until November. I hope to do the same again this fall.

The Bears were thankful too. After their 1-3 start, they were spared the wrath of all the second guessing from the media and fans as everybody's attention was focused on October baseball.:bandance:

CLR01
08-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Yes. Now please run off to a Bears board and wow them with your thoughts. :rolleyes:

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 04:11 PM
OMG..OMG..OMG...we won the series but couldn't sweep. This team sucks, they're finished. We are lucky they're not battling the Royals for last place and if not for the NL central they probably would be. I'm so angry I ..I.. I may not watch them ever again and I mean that too, I didn't pay attention to them at all until they won the world series. The offense can't score, the pitchers can't pitch and the bullpen is only good for scratching themselves. Ozzie, Joey and the gang are all morons, Kenny doesn't know how to run a championship team and Jerry's cheap. I hate you White Sox. :whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner::w hiner::whiner::whiner:
Tigers sweep teams, we don't.

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes. Now please run off to a Bears board and wow them with your thoughts. :rolleyes:
It will much better than watching this team.:rolleyes:

CLR01
08-06-2006, 04:13 PM

Beautiful. :thumbsup:

Patrick134

Um, we swept the tigers this year...they've never swept us this year. Digest, ponder, disregard, then post again.

ChiSox14305635
Tigers sweep bad, struggling teams, we don't.

Fixed.

CLR01

Well then allow me to help you on your quest.

JB98
08-06-2006, 04:14 PM

I can't wait to see your reaction when the Bears finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Fixed.

Tigers, 1st place. Us, 2nd place. Good night.

Chisox003
08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
It will much better than watching this team.:rolleyes: Hmm....

How come you never make 57 (42 consecutive) trollish posts in a post game thread where the Sox win?

Edit: He didn't live to see my post. How sad.

ChiSox14305635
Tigers, 1st place. Us, 2nd place as of 8/6/06. Good night.

Fixed again.

CLR01
Good night.

Indeed! :rolleyes:

JB98
08-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Well then allow me to help you on your quest.

GAS! HE GAWN!

And I thought I was being negative by quoting all those stats about us failing to finish off sweeps. I may not be a ray of sunshine, but at least I don't quit while I'm ahead. :D:

TheOldRoman
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
GAS! HE GAWN!

And I thought I was being negative by quoting all those stats about us failing to finish off sweeps. I may not be a ray of sunshine, but at least I don't quit while I'm ahead. :D:
The season's over and you know it!

Patrick134
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
GAS! HE GAWN!

As diehard fans, we all hate to see the sox lose any game. And i whine in my head, knowing how stupid it sounds. But to come on here and make post after post of lame drivel like you're 5 years old and someone stole your lollipop is just lame. Adios, troll.

JB98
08-06-2006, 04:24 PM
The season's over and you know it!

The Twins have 22 ****ing hits against the Royals today! We're screwed! It's only a matter of time before Minnesota blows right past us and wins the wild card!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Well, maybe the part about 22 ****ing hits shouldn't be in teal. Good lord, Kansas City sucks.

batmanZoSo
08-06-2006, 04:29 PM

How about that? Imagine if the same thing happened to us. :o:

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 04:31 PM
How about that? Imagine if the same thing happened to us. :o:

This thread would be about 12 pages by now. :tongue:

batmanZoSo
08-06-2006, 04:34 PM
This thread would be about 12 pages by now. :tongue:

Puts things in perspective, although I hate to use that phrase (thanks, Bob Costas).

Red Sox fans are probably pooping in their pants right now. "Two out of three against ****ty Tampa Bay is unacceptable!" But yet, they're right there with us and could be in the lead by tomorrow. Long way to go.

rookie
08-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Puts things in perspective, although I hate to use that phrase (thanks, Bob Costas).

Red Sox fans are probably pooping in their pants right now. "Two out of three against ****ty Tampa Bay is unacceptable!" But yet, they're right there with us and could be in the lead by tomorrow. Long way to go.

I was thinking that as well. They probably don't know who to root for in the CWS/NYY just like us for the DET/MIN series. And 1/2 afraid that they might actually lose to KC. I looked at the standings for the first time in a while and saw that our record is one of the top 3 in MLB. Who knew?

Whoever said that hopefully we should be within 3 by the Sept. 1 is right. We just need to get there. First step - let's take down those Angels tomorrow.

MadetoOrta
08-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Yesterday I said the rule of thumb in baseball - historically - is a team within 5 games of 1st place on LABOR DAY is well within striking distance. Can we make up 4 games on the Tigers by then? We'll see. BTW if someone said would you take a 6-3 road trip after our disastrous homestand I would have accepted. 3 series wins in a row. Build on Javy and Burls' good outings. Time to make up serious ground!

1951Campbell
08-06-2006, 05:14 PM
BTW if someone said would you take a 6-3 road trip after our disastrous homestand I would have accepted. 3 series wins in a row. Build on Javy and Burls' good outings. Time to make up serious ground!

If the Sox win at a 6-3 clip from here on out, that's 100-62. Despite a lack of killer instinct in final games of series, I'll sure as hell take the .667 baseball.

whitesoxfan
08-06-2006, 05:15 PM
After a little while for the loss to sink in and a Jimmie Johnson win, I'm glad we took 6 of 9 on the road trip. Let's come home and have a nice homestand against the likes of the Angels, Yanks, Tiggers, and Royals.

HITMEN OF 77
08-06-2006, 05:43 PM
If the Sox win at a 6-3 clip from here on out, that's 100-62. Despite a lack of killer instinct in final games of series, I'll sure as hell take the .667 baseball.

Me too! Your not going to win every game, although we'd like to. If we continue to win series after series we will be a playoffs for sure.

Dick Allen
08-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Me too! Your not going to win every game, although we'd like to. If we continue to win series after series we will be a playoffs for sure.Not if the Twins and Tigers keep winning series after series.

caulfield12
08-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Red Sox fans are definitely cheering for the White Sox because it's a lot easier to win your division (and they're only 1.5 games back) than to rely upon the WC, as we're all going to realize over the next two months.

Maybe there are some Red Sox fans who think the Yanks are going to run away and hide and that it would be better for the Yanks to beat the Twins or White Sox and allow Boston into the playoffs from the back door. Still, that's a loser's mentality and one that doesn't bode well for post-season success. Then again, there's always the Florida Marlins, Red Sox and the Anaheim/LA Angels who all won this way.

slobes
08-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm glad to see most of the people in this thread haven't lost their minds over today's loss. Like everyone else has been saying, winning 2/3 of our games here on out will most likely get it done for the wild card. It is getting disappointing always dropping this third game, but in the end we went 2-1 this past series, it doesn't matter which games you won or which one you lost.

jabrch
08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Not if the Twins and Tigers keep winning series after series.

Um...yes...we are ahead of the Twins, and we have 3 more serieses against them. So if we keep going 2 of 3, including in the 3 serieses against the Twins and the three serieses against the Tigers, we will be just fine.

jabrch
08-06-2006, 07:09 PM

EXACTLY!

Lip Man 1
08-06-2006, 08:34 PM
JB:

Just double checking your numbers...if you are talking about 'sweeps' of any kind (either 2, 3 or 4 game series) the Sox have swept the following clubs:

At Detroit
Kansas City
Minnesota
At Angels
Seattle
Oakland
At Cincinnati
St. Louis

The Sox have gone into the final game of a series and lost it preventing a sweep the following times:

At Cleveland
Cubs
Detroit
Cleveland
Houston
At Pittsburgh
At Cubs
At Baltimore
At Kansas City
At Toronto

On 'getaway' day (i.e. the final game of any series) this season the Sox are 17-19. (Maybe because Ozzie always shuffles the lineup?)

Lip

Chisox003
08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
On 'getaway' day (i.e. the final game of any series) this season the Sox at 17-19. (Maybe because Ozzie always shuffles the lineup?)

Lip
He shuffles the lineup every game......

That ain't it.

Lip Man 1
08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Chisox003:

By that I mean the 'perception' among many here that Ozzie 'really' shuffles the deck on the last game (i.e. sits A.J., or Crede, starts Ozuna or Widger ect...)

Lip

DickAllen72
08-06-2006, 09:46 PM
So if we keep going 2 of 3, including in the 3 serieses against the Twins and the three serieses against the Tigers, we will be just fine.

I agree. The only problem is it's probably much harder to keep winning two out of three against teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers and Twins than it is to sweep teams like the Royals and Orioles.

It's going to be tough, but let's hope the Sox do it.

CYGarland20
08-06-2006, 10:24 PM
I agree. The only problem is it's probably much harder to keep winning two out of three against teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers and Twins than it is to sweep teams like the Royals and Orioles.

It's going to be tough, but let's hope the Sox do it.I think that's what some people dont realize, if you have a chance to sweep teams like the Royals, O's, and even the Blue Jays (who have been slumping recently) you gotta do it, especially at this time of year. Because your right, it is going to much harder to do that VS Good teams, let alone take 2 of 3. I mean look at Minny, they took all 4 games from KC.....Now i realize its not easy sweeping any ML team, but if you are a playoff caliber team, then you gotta find a way to get it done if you have the chance.....

Chisox1500
08-07-2006, 12:54 AM
I hate that Sox fans that see losing ground in the division is bad. What darkclouds!!! (Cue ****ty graphic.)

Thanks for the "real Sox fans" that think all is well. No more worries guys!!! We won last year. It is our birthright!!!

I am not a real Sox fan though, because I see that the 2006 team has problems. Forget my season tickets or paying out the ass for the playoffs in 93 and 05.

BadBobbyJenks
08-07-2006, 01:09 AM
I hate that Sox fans that see losing ground in the division is bad. What darkclouds!!! (Cue ****ty graphic.)

Thanks for the "real Sox fans" that think all is well. No more worries guys!!! We won last year. It is our birthright!!!

I am not a real Sox fan though, because I see that the 2006 team has problems. Forget my season tickets or paying out the ass for the playoffs in 93 and 05.

Im confused

CLR01
08-07-2006, 01:21 AM

What a ****ty road trip. The Sox can make up an 8.5 game deficit but 9 is impossible. A 6-3 road trip is good if you're the Royals but a team who wants to make the playoffs should go 9-0. This team sucks. You can kiss the division and the wildcard goodbye.

:whiner::whiner::whiner::whiner: I should be able to occasionally complain about the Sox whenever I want without people questioning it. When I say occasionally I mean constantly. I'm a realist dammit.

Wow you were 12 years old in '93 and you were able "pay out your ass" for playoffs tickets? <cough>Bull****<cough>

PeoriaSoxFan
08-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Tigers, 1st place. Us, 2nd place. Good night.

Everyone in baseball, not just the Sox, would be in 2nd vs. the Tigers. Remember, we have the 4th best record in baseball and are only 1.5 games away from having the 2nd. We are going to have a big week this week, so we may just be the 2nd best record again!