PDA

View Full Version : Mark McRoider Runs and Hides Like a Coward

RKMeibalane
08-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2540550)

jabrch
08-06-2006, 01:43 PM
If this dope ever makes the HOF, it will be SHAMEFUL.

Garland_IS_God
08-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I lost all respect for McGwire. What a piece of trash!

TheOldRoman
08-06-2006, 02:12 PM
This is ridiculous, leave McGwire alone. He already told us he doesn't want to talk about the past.:tongue:

MDF3530
08-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Why is he scared? If he has nothing to hide, he should have no problem.

santo=dorf
08-06-2006, 06:40 PM
This is ridiculous, leave McGwire alone. He already told us he doesn't want to talk about the past.:tongue:
Which makes me wonder, if/when he makes the HOF, what will his speech be like? :cool:

On the Score they were saying he looks like he's 140 pounds. Does anyone have a picture of him these days?

1951Campbell
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Which makes me wonder, if/when he makes the HOF, what will his speech be like? :cool:

Verrrrrrry short.

slobes
08-06-2006, 07:47 PM

On the Score they were saying he looks like he's 140 pounds. Does anyone have a picture of him these days?

"I stand before you today being inducted into the Hall of Fame."

That's just about all you can say without mentioning your past.

StockdaleForVeep
08-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Mcgwire has gone away from baseball since retiring, only time he has even come up was for the honor service for the announcer of cardinals baseball and this legal issue last year with the rest of the "sluggers"

He admitted to creatine and andro, legal at that time, u dont know if he did or did not do roids

Daver
08-06-2006, 08:01 PM
The Baseball HOF is as much of a joke as anything you can say about Mark Maguire.

When players like Bert Blyleven, Rich Gossage, Harold Baines, and Billy Pierce are on the outside looking in, while people like Don Drysdale, and Bruce Sutter are in confirms this.

StockdaleForVeep
08-06-2006, 08:08 PM
The Baseball HOF is as much of a joke as anything you can say about Mark Maguire.

When players like Bert Blyleven, Rich Gossage, Harold Baines, and Billy Pierce are on the outside looking in, while people like Don Drysdale, and Bruce Sutter are in confirms this.

Sutter has 300 career saves, how is he not hall material
relievers before him with less stats have the honor of HOF

Daver
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Sutter has 300 career saves, how is he not hall material
relievers before him with less stats have the honor of HOF

Get a clue.

Bruce Sutter is the first pitcher that never started a game to be inducted. Rich Gossage was a starter, and posted decent numbers as a starter, and still went on to become a lights out closer.

MDF3530
08-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Mcgwire has gone away from baseball since retiring, only time he has even come up was for the honor service for the announcer of cardinals baseball and this legal issue last year with the rest of the "sluggers"
That was no small "legal issue". He was called to give testimony before Congress.

He admitted to creatine and andro, legal at that time, u dont know if he did or did not do roidsEver hear of a stick-man? People with clout use stick-men all the time, propping up a minority or their moms as "owners" of their companies to get city contracts. McGwire used creatine and andro as stick-men. Come on. No one puts on 30 lbs. of muscle that fast in their early 30's. It is not possible naturally.

In ten years, we'll be hearing McGwire's, Sosa's and Palmeiro's names again when they start having medical problems.

NoShoesJoe
08-06-2006, 10:53 PM
I'd hire these guys to find and "bring him in."

:sopranos

jabrch
08-06-2006, 11:01 PM

Blyleven for sure. Pierce should be there. I could live without Gossage or Baines in the hall.

To me, Pete Rose not being in the HOF is still unfortunate. He belongs there, right next to the racists, drunks and criminals who are already in. Until you prove to me that he did something anti-competitive, like throwing games, or that he played on knowledge that was completely internal to being a MLB manager, I think he should be there.

Soxfanspcu11
08-07-2006, 12:21 AM
I can't stand this guy. I am ashamed to admit that I cheered for him during the Roid Race of '98. In my defense though, I was clueless about his cheating.

I will write letter after letter to the writers in charge of voting, ANYTHING I can do to keep him from getting in.

DumpJerry
08-07-2006, 12:33 AM

Shoeless Joe and Buck Weaver also deserve in, espcially in light of what the previous poster said about racists, drunks, etc. being there.

Let us hope that Moronetti takes up McRoider's cause, that will ensure no HOF.

slavko
08-07-2006, 01:05 AM

His head shot with Tribune story Sunday looks like "Have you called Jenny yet?"

thomas35forever
08-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Yup, Mark and Sham-ME sure "saved" baseball. They made us think they could hit a home run anytime anywhere. Maybe I should just burn everything I own about that chase: books, videos, anything.

ChiSoxLifer
08-07-2006, 03:11 AM
[quote=santo=dorf]Which makes me wonder, if/when he makes the HOF, what will his speech be like? :cool:
quote]

"We're not here to talk about the past."

jdm2662
08-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Case in point, if he has nothing to hide, he'd talk. Sorry guy, your a fraud. Deal with it.

voodoochile
08-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Case in point, if he has nothing to hide, he'd talk. Sorry guy, your a fraud. Deal with it.

Thank You!

You got nothing to hide then stop hiding. If the past is clean than talk about the past. If you didn't do it then step up to the table, raise your right hand swear to tell the truth and then do it...

jdm2662
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Thank You!

You got nothing to hide then stop hiding. If the past is clean than talk about the past. If you didn't do it then step up to the table, raise your right hand swear to tell the truth and then do it...

I said the same thing last year at the Congress hearings. If you frauds have nothing to hide, then why are you afraid to go Congress? Oh yeah, because your frauds. Serves you right when you think you are above everyone else in the world.

Fenway
08-07-2006, 10:29 AM
He won't make the HoF now, too many writers won't touch him

Flight #24
08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Blyleven for sure. Pierce should be there. I could live without Gossage or Baines in the hall.

To me, Pete Rose not being in the HOF is still unfortunate. He belongs there, right next to the racists, drunks and criminals who are already in. Until you prove to me that he did something anti-competitive, like throwing games, or that he played on knowledge that was completely internal to being a MLB manager, I think he should be there.

It's virtually iompossible to prove when an athlete throws a game. Plus, IMO the whole "gambling on baseball" thing is serious enough and creates a enough of a threat that it's significantly more damaging to the game than the things you cite.

No one's saying those guys are in or anyone else shouldn't be in because of they have/don't have good character. It's about what you brought to or took from the game.

Rose & McGwire are fairly similar in that respect, IMO. The difference obviously is that at least Rose's statistics are legitimate, whereas McGwire's are pretty obviously not. But for example, I'd reject Barroids, but I fully believe that he had HOF #s before jumping on the juice. His negative impact ont he game outweighs his "pre-PEDs" performance to me.

TwinKess
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM

The problem with drunkards and racists is different than with Rose. Baseball is saying that Pete Rose violated the integrity of the game. The drunkards and racists sins were outside the game, while Pete Roses sin directly affected the game.

Oblong
08-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Rose also did something that's specifically called out to not do or else you get the punishment he got. Rose signed a document in 1989 agreeing to a lifetime ban. At the time he said publicly he didn't bet on the Reds, or even baseball for that matter, yet he still signed this document?

It would be interesting to find out who would get more votes on a ballot, McGwire or Rose.

TheKittle
08-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Yup, Mark and Sham-ME sure "saved" baseball. They made us think they could hit a home run anytime anywhere. Maybe I should just burn everything I own about that chase: books, videos, anything.

Don't blame the players or at least put all the blame on the players. MLB has been warned about Roids but never put any rules or testing into place. What took them so long? Oh that's right the owners were too busy counting the money they were getting from Steroid Mac and Sosa fraud HR derby.

Flight #24
08-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Don't blame the players or at least put all the blame on the players. MLB has been warned about Roids but never put any rules or testing into place. What took them so long? Oh that's right the owners were too busy counting the money they were getting from Steroid Mac and Sosa fraud HR derby.

Well, that and that they would never have gotten it past the union. That right there would have been a deal-breaker prior to Canseco's book.

MDF3530
08-07-2006, 05:29 PM

To me, Pete Rose not being in the HOF is still unfortunate. He belongs there, right next to the racists, drunks and criminals who are already in. Until you prove to me that he did something anti-competitive, like throwing games, or that he played on knowledge that was completely internal to being a MLB manager, I think he should be there.The only mistakes Pete Rose made were 1. he bet on baseball (no one but bookies can understand the baseball lines), and 2. he bet on the Reds, who sucked at the time.