PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Call in Giants-Rockies Game

RKMeibalane
08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
By now, I would guess that at least some of you have seen the controversial call in the Giants-Rockies game from last night. I could go either way on the call itself, but I'm interested to see what the rest of you thought.

One thing I say is this: I wasn't the least bit suprised that Dan Iassogna was right in the middle of this mess. Why that man still has a job is beyond me.

A day after Bonds was ejected by umpire Ron Kulpa, Rockies manager Clint Hurdle was thrown out by home plate umpire Dan Iassogna after a lengthy, heated argument in the sixth.

The disagreement was preceded when Iassogna declared Barmes out on catcher's interference. Barmes, protecting Jamey Carroll on a stolen base attempt, swung at a pitch out and hit Todd Greene (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=5550)'s mitt instead.

gbergman
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
By now, I would guess that at least some of you have seen the controversial call in the Giants-Rockies game from last night. I could go either way on the call itself, but I'm interested to see what the rest of you thought.

One thing I say is this: I wasn't the least bit suprised that Dan Iassogna was right in the middle of this mess. Why that man still has a job is beyond me.
Barmes should of been awarded first base then.