PDA

View Full Version : PLayOff Tix On sale!

MySoxAreClean
08-05-2006, 11:39 PM
I noticed that I delivered a few whitesox letter , looked like evelopes to order playoffs tix. Anyone have any idea what its gonna cost plus I got on the double play plan ...I know some will not get playoffs tix

Timmy D's
08-06-2006, 12:06 AM
You are a mail carrier I assume?? Took me a read or 2 to figure that out, but if that is the case the letters that went out recently are 2 free tix to the Brookfield Zoo, and a claim letter for season ticket holders to claim their replica trophy during the upcoming home stand. I'm not sure what exact ticket packages recived this letter, but I am FS and got one, and I know someone else replied they were 27 game holder and got, and a friend of mine is a weekend oplanner, and got one, so I assume you will be bringing yourself a letter in the near future.:bandance:

LuvSox
08-06-2006, 12:34 AM
I noticed that I delivered a few whitesox letter , looked like evelopes to order playoffs tix. Anyone have any idea what its gonna cost plus I got on the double play plan ...I know some will not get playoffs tix

Don't bother trying to get transfered to Hawaii.

nasox
08-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I noticed that I delivered a few whitesox letter , looked like evelopes to order playoffs tix. Anyone have any idea what its gonna cost plus I got on the double play plan ...I know some will not get playoffs tix Your Sox may be clean, but your grammar is dirty.

MySoxAreClean
08-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Your Sox may be clean, but your grammar is dirty.i deliver mail at your house! better be nice to me....

SouthSide_HitMen
08-07-2006, 11:00 PM
I talked to two guys from the season ticket office who were handing out the trophies and they said an invoice will be out in a few weeks and a 10% deposit for 2007 will be due in September.

They also said any unplayed playoff games will be credited to your account for next season but you can request a refund if you choose not to renew your tickets.

cbrownson13
08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
i deliver mail at your house! better be nice to me....

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/newman.jpg

"When you control the mail, you control information!"

chisoxfanatic
08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
I talked to two guys from the season ticket office who were handing out the trophies and they said an invoice will be out in a few weeks and a 10% deposit for 2007 will be due in September.

Is that when you have to declare if you're gonna keep your seat? Have they announced if they're gonna hike up the cost at all? Can we get a different ticket rep as well?

I got the same letter and am picking up my trophy replica at tonight's game. It'll be a great addition to my home office.

Timmy D's
08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Is that when you have to declare if you're gonna keep your seat? Have they announced if they're gonna hike up the cost at all? Can we get a different ticket rep as well?

I got the same letter and am picking up my trophy replica at tonight's game. It'll be a great addition to my home office.

I wonder if we can use money from our "ticket exchange" balance to use as the down payment??

itsnotrequired
08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
I wonder if we can use money from our "ticket exchange" balance to use as the down payment??

I don't see why not. Money in the account is available for playoff tickets and/or next year's season tickets.

dickallen15
08-08-2006, 05:13 PM

What they do is subtract the balance from your total amount due and you will still owe 10% of the total. Say your tickets cost $2000. If your ticket exchange balance is $500, you will have to pay 10% of $1500 or $150.

southwstchi4life
08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I have heard rumors that all playoff tickets were sold to all the season and partial season ticket holders. Is this true. It seems hard to believe no tickets would be open to the public. Any body have any info?

SouthSide_HitMen
08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
I have heard rumors that all playoff tickets were sold to all the season and partial season ticket holders. Is this true. It seems hard to believe no tickets would be open to the public. Any body have any info?

No - by law a certain percentage of seats must be sold to the public. Perhaps Dump or someone else can cite the exact passage.

Brian26
08-08-2006, 09:02 PM

Absolutey 100% correct, confirmed by Brooks Boyer eight months ago at Soxfest in one of the seminars. If the Sox make the playoffs, there will be no seats available to the general public. Between satisfying the MLB ticket requests and supplying all of the season ticket holder requests, there will be no other tickets available.

Brian26
08-08-2006, 09:03 PM
No - by law a certain percentage of seats must be sold to the public. Perhaps Dump or someone else can cite the exact passage.

What law? There is no law... The Sox are a private business. Season ticket holders will get first crack at all available seats (and in reality, who is going to turn down playoff tickets?)

salty99
08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
What law? There is no law... The Sox are a private business. Season ticket holders will get first crack at all available seats (and in reality, who is going to turn down playoff tickets?)

Haven't you ever heard of the men of the Sox table! GEEZ! And yes I turned down our playoff tickets!

dllrbll7
08-09-2006, 09:12 AM

I believe there will be some tickets sold to the public just like for the Cubs series there always seems to be some available to the public eventually. I do remember hereing a certain percentage have to be sold to the public but who knows if thats true or not. I bet the way they are doing the ozzie plan tickets is to get more available to the public somehow. Last year even for the world series when they supposedly sold out on tickets because of the season ticket offer, there were still a handful available thru ticketmaster.

itsnotrequired
08-09-2006, 09:16 AM
I have heard rumors that all playoff tickets will be sold to all the season and partial season ticket holders. Is this true. It seems hard to believe no tickets would be open to the public. Any body have any info?

Fixed your post for you. I know I sure haven't bought any playoff tickets yet. As far as I know, only Ozzie Plan holders have been able to place playoff ticket orders.