PDA

View Full Version : trivia from the Sox MLB board

cheeses_h_rice
02-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Someone posted this recently, and I found it worth re-posting here...

Do you realize that if the Devil Rays climb to fourth this year, leaving the Orioles in last, that the Sox will be the AL team with the longest tenure without being in the cellar? (1989)See below.

Devil Rays (2001)
Royals (2001)
Rangers (2001)
Minnesota (2000)
Angels (1999)
Detroit (1998)
A's (1998)
Toronto (1997)
Boston (1992)
Mariners (1992)
Cleveland (1991)
Yankees (1990)
White Sox (1989)
Orioles (1988)

:shammy

Gee, I wish I knew what not being in last place felt like...

pearso66
02-19-2002, 03:31 PM
man that would be pretty good, then we could tell all the other fans to shove it, like the yankee, cub, and indian fans

oh wait, i do anyway

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-19-2002, 03:58 PM
That would be cool, but does anyone really think the D-rays can move up to 4th place?

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 05:24 PM
:shammy

Gee, I wish I knew what not being in last place felt like... [/B][/QUOTE]
By the way, anyone see a couple of grand laying around?
:gulp:

THE_HOOTER
02-19-2002, 05:32 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would just love the Yankees to fall apart.

Whether it be injuries, or poor play, I would love to see those money pit bastards feel some of our anguish!

kermittheefrog
02-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
That would be cool, but does anyone really think the D-rays can move up to 4th place?

Of course they can, all they have to beat out is the Orioles. I mean the Oriole outfield is going to be Marty Cordova, Chris Singleton and Jeff Conine. At least the D-Rays have a couple guys worth having like Ben Grieve.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 06:24 PM
You know, it's just this kind of nonsense that really pisses me off about the White Sox. It reminds me of that stupid statistic they were promoting a couple years back as the winningest team of the 90's (or something like that).

They haven't done jack. In fact, they've done worse than jack. Alienating fans, calling them "crazy", and later, "wrong", pursuing labor victories rather than baseball ones, etcetera.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Only a Cubs fan would care about something as meaningless as staying out of last-place the longest.

:lynch&mcfail
"We're in the 94th year of our five-year plan!"

:ohno
"Our guys are in their 85th."

kermittheefrog
02-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Not even Kenny is bad enough to put us in last place!

:KW:
"We'll see about that!"

Jerry_Manuel
02-19-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
You know, it's just this kind of nonsense that really pisses me off about the White Sox. They haven't done jack. In fact, they've done worse than jack. Alienating fans, calling them "crazy", and later, "wrong", pursuing labor victories rather than baseball ones, etcetera. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Only a Cubs fan would care about something as meaningless as staying out of last-place the longest.

Your a long suffering Sox fan, George. I've come to expect such stupid comments and ideas that they don't bother me anymore. No need to get worked up over nothing.

cheeses_h_rice
02-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Only a Cubs fan would care about something as meaningless as staying out of last-place the longest.

Hence the term "trivia" in the subject line.

I just found it interesting, is all.

:)

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Hence the term "trivia" in the subject line.

I just found it interesting, is all.

:)

Okay, I came off a bit strong. Sorry. It wasn't aimed at you or anyone else, except perhaps whoever it was at MLB or the Sox that thought this was something anyone would honestly care about--beyond of course its silly trivia nature.

I'm going to go breath heavy into a paper bag now.

:cool:

Daver
02-19-2002, 06:47 PM

Hope it helps PHG! :redneck

Jerry_Manuel
02-19-2002, 06:49 PM

Eat some fries, and do some html code. It's all good.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 08:58 PM

Okay, I came off a bit strong. Sorry. It wasn't aimed at you or anyone else, except perhaps whoever it was at MLB or the Sox that thought this was something anyone would honestly care about--beyond of course its silly trivia nature.

:cool:
Where's the love? I don't feel it anymore!
:gulp: