PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Again

Brian26
08-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Unbelievable. Watching on Gameday..."run scoring play."

samram
08-05-2006, 08:46 PM
IRoid hits a two out, two run walkoff off Cleveland's new "closer" and the Kitties win 4-3. Well, if nothing else, when this guy comes in, it's game over.

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Cleveland's bullpen sucks ASS!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MrX
How many more times is Wedge going to bring in Carmona to piss a game away?

Mr. White Sox
Carmona grooved a 96mph fastball into the one spot Pudge likes it: middle in.

Fausto has been beyond horrible, it's not even funny, but this one was just evil.

Leadoff bunt single.

Strikeout.

Should-be double play ended up just a force out.

Walkoff.

Now we get to watch Tampa's bullpen piss away a one run lead. Ortiz bunt single, Manny homer, one run game.

And 2006 Tigers = 2005 White Sox. I can really see the comparison now. Everything is going their way.

ja1022
Me too. I just puked in my mouth.

rowand33
I just watched the end of that game.

Carmona is absolutely terrible. It's like that kid's goal is to keep the white sox out of the playoffs.

he's blown 3 saves in 3 chances this year and they've come against boston, boston, and the tigers. ridiculous.

kevingrt
08-05-2006, 08:48 PM
At some point you just got to feel sorry for the Jndians bullpen and whole team for that matter.

rookie
08-05-2006, 08:49 PM
This is what I get for watching the Tigers on GameDay againist my better judgement! Stupid Cleveland, won't the Tigers ever lose. Enough ranting. The Sox won, no more Tiger watching for me.

caulfield12
Pudge Rodriguez hit a two run bomb to deep left off Carmona...that's four blown saves in less than a week for the Indians' bullpen.

The trade of Wickman to the Braves has really cost the White Sox. I hope they fire Shapiro, or at least boo him out of the owner's box, but there won't be enough fans left in CLEVE to be audible.

I know it was the right move for their franchise and Wickman was probably going to retire at the end of the season, but this just sucks.

I don't know if the bullpen will save another game the rate they're going.

NoShoesJoe
:indianslose:

NDSox12
Unbelievable... what a difference a year makes when it comes to the Cleveland Indians. Last year at this time, they couldn't lose a game. Now, they are inventing new ways to blow games. Besides the awful performance by Carmona, the Indians defense was equally as bad.

We better start racking up the wins next time we face Cleveland because they are absolutely pathetic.

JB98
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Beyond ridiculous. You would think Wedge would try somebody else.

Mr. White Sox
08-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Now Boston just got another break; I wonder how many umps are under their payroll. Strike three called ball three to Kapler.

NDSox12
08-05-2006, 08:51 PM

Oh, I think it was official well before last night or tonight.... what a bunch of jokers.

RadioheadRocks
Pudge Rodriguez hit a two run bomb to deep left off Carmona...that's four blown saves in less than a week for the Indians' bullpen.

The trade of Wickman to the Braves has really cost the White Sox. I hope they fire Shapiro, or at least boo him out of the owner's box, but there won't be enough fans left in CLEVE to be audible.

I know it was the right move for their franchise and Wickman was probably going to retire at the end of the season, but this just sucks.

I don't know if the bullpen will save another game the rate they're going.

Wasn't he the guy that was named Executive of the Year last year???!!!

Jjav829
****, the Tigers won the World Series. :(: I didn't even know we were to that point yet. And they played an AL team, too!

Pods didn't celebrate that much on his World Series game-winning walkoff HR. :rolleyes:

I think Carmona will be fine. Yeah, he's blown all 3 of his save opportunities, but he's been close. The other day he dominated the first two Red Sox before losing control. Today, once again he had 2 outs and was close to finishing it off. He just has to learn how to get that 27th out.

caulfield12
Looks like Blake went down with a pretty serious injury as well.

Let's see if the D-Rays' pen can figure out a way to let BOS wiggle out of a 5-1 deficit.

I really don't know if Carmona will ever recover from this psychologically...you almost start to feel for the guy, like when Miguel Ascensio of the Royals walked four batters in a row against the Sox 3-4 seasons ago...and, of course the Royals are getting toasted by Carlos Silva of all people.

Well, that's the end of the Runelvys Hernandez Era in KC.

Chips
08-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Damn the Tigers.

Mr. White Sox
I agree with you Jjav. I mean, the kid had something like a 2.00 ERA as a reliever before these past appearances. It's just pure bad luck. With his stuff, he should be getting guys out constantly.

NoShoesJoe

:indianslose:

Indians SUCK!

sox230
08-05-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't hate anybody in baseball more than Carmona. Is he trying to blow it?????? Well, maybe I hate Wedge more for putting him im all the time.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

MrX
08-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Jason Davis almost blew it in the 8th before this. That's quite a bullpen the reigning "executive of the year" has assembled.

Corlose 15
08-05-2006, 08:54 PM
****, the Tigers won the World Series. :(: I didn't even know we were to that point yet. And they played an AL team, too!

Pods didn't celebrate that much on his World Series game-winning walkoff HR. :rolleyes:

I think Carmona will be fine. Yeah, he's blown all 3 of his save opportunities, but he's been close. The other day he dominated the first two Red Sox before losing control. Today, once again he had 2 outs and was close to finishing it off. He just has to learn how to get that 27th out.

Thats a pretty weak argument Jjav, they don't give you saves for getting 2 outs. Billy Krotch was even able to get 2 outs most of the time.

caulfield12
They tried Davis, Betancourt and Cabrera last night.

The Indians' announcers weren't speechless, but they were...I'm not sure I can even describe their reaction.

Can't wait until the Indians come back to Jacobs Field.

samram
I agree with you Jjav. I mean, the kid had something like a 2.00 ERA as a reliever before these past appearances. It's just pure bad luck. With his stuff, he should be getting guys out constantly.

There are a lot of guys who have 2 ERAs as middle relievers, but can't close.

Tiger Style
08-05-2006, 08:55 PM
The Indians don't have a save since the all-star break do they?

Pathetic

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 08:56 PM
See Politte, Clifford. Marte, Damaso.

Mr. White Sox
08-05-2006, 08:56 PM

He was a setup guy with the ability to close on many teams. Think Mike MacDougal.

He's faced: Boston, Boston, Detroit.

Tough stuff.

I really think he'll rebound, but I doubt Cleveland even gives him a chance after this. Meh.

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Carmona might go back to starting...

I would assume Cabrera or Betancourt are next, probably Cabrera.

And who would have thunk that Loewen would shut out Mussina and Yanks' All-Universe line-up?

Jjav829
08-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Thats a pretty weak argument Jjav, they don't give you saves for getting 2 outs. Billy Krotch was even able to get 2 outs most of the time.

Where did I say he should be given a save for getting 2 outs? :?:

I said I think Carmona will get better. He's had some good moments in those 3 games, but the bottom line is he didn't do the job. All I said was I think he will eventually learn to finish it out and be a good closer. He is a rookie after all. Not every rookie is Huston Street or Bobby Jenks.

samram
08-05-2006, 08:58 PM
He was a setup guy with the ability to close on many teams. Think Mike MacDougal.

Tough stuff.

I really think he'll rebound, but I doubt Cleveland even gives him a chance after this. Meh.

What I'm saying is that a lot of guys can't make the mental jump from 7th and 8th inning work to 9th inning work. Maybe he'll eventually get there, but he's off to a bad start.

Jjav829
08-05-2006, 09:00 PM

Tough stuff.

If Wedge is ready to give up on Carmona as the closer already, he's a terrible manager. The Indians are going nowhere. This is the time where they should be willing to be patient and see if he works things out. It's not like their playoff hopes are riding on their closer being effective right now.

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Ray, Papelbon, Jenks and Street didn't do this must damage to their teams COMBINED in their first three months in the big leagues....

Jjav829
08-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Ray, Papelbon, Jenks and Street didn't do this must damage to their teams COMBINED in their first three months in the big leagues....

What damage is he doing? :?:

Oh no, they'll finish 30 games out instead of 26 games out! Yank him now! :rolleyes:

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Naaahton, you're the greatest. He just stole 2nd even though Upton missed the hit-and-run sign. Go D-Rays...you're not the Indians at least.

We'll just have to wait and see about Carmona, but I am betting that Cabrera ends up being a better closer. We'll check in a year from now and see where they are respectively. As far as damage, I can't imagine Indians fans are buying up many season ticket packages for next year....they're about as popular (Dolan and Shapiro) as Reinsdorf in 1997/98.

And 1-5 versus 5-1 would mean an 8 game loss in the standings.

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Leave it to an ex-White Sock to get 3 RBI's against the Red Sox.

You go Josh Paul!!!

This is going to be a fun, up and down WC race/chase over the next two months, that much is obvious.

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Leave it to an ex-White Sock to get 3 RBI's against the Red Sox.

You go Josh Paul!!!

Just be careful before rolling the ball back to the pitcher. :D: :D:

NDSox12
08-05-2006, 09:08 PM
If Wedge is ready to give up on Carmona as the closer already, he's a terrible manager. The Indians are going nowhere. This is the time where they should be willing to be patient and see if he works things out. It's not like their playoff hopes are riding on their closer being effective right now.

Yeah... at this point, it would only be fair for the Indians to stick with Carmona at least until he has a couple of chances to blow games against the White Sox too :D:

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I just think they should have waited a little longer...put him in set-up for a couple of games and tried Davis, Cabrera and Betancourt just to see how they react. As mentioned many times, nothing to lose for the Indians, but you don't want to destroy the young man's confidence either in the process of trying to build his confidence. Not unlike the "nurturing" of Brian Anderson throughout this season.

I mean, did you see his physical reaction and the way he walked off the field? The guy has to be really hurting...I know, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, well, hopefully this hasn't killed him yet.

Has anyone seen The Three Burials of Fausto Carmona yet? Great flick....Tommie Lee Jones can get a little full of himself, but he did a good job with this one.

Jjav829
08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Naaahton, you're the greatest. He just stole 2nd even though Upton missed the hit-and-run sign. Go D-Rays...you're not the Indians at least.

We'll just have to wait and see about Carmona, but I am betting that Cabrera ends up being a better closer. We'll check in a year from now and see where they are respectively. As far as damage, I can't imagine Indians fans are buying up many season ticket packages for next year....they're about as popular (Dolan and Shapiro) as Reinsdorf in 1997/98.

Well, Cabrera has had own struggles earlier, which is why Carmona was given the first chance at the closer's job. I seriously doubt Indians fans are going to decide against buying a season ticket package because Fausto Carmona blew a couple saves in early August.

And 1-5 versus 5-1 would mean an 8 game loss in the standings.

According to who? :?: According to my math, and the math I think everyone else uses, that's a 4 game difference.

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Predictions on Ortiz AB?

Okay, I misread what you wrote...I thought you said games under .500 instead of games back.

Were there more season tickets sold in 1998 or 1997 in Chicago? When you send a signal to your fan base that you're giving up (which they did by trading their closer), it's obviously a horrible feeling for your fans.

Brian26
08-05-2006, 09:21 PM

I'm glad someone else thinks Rodrigeuz is a clown. Come on, throwing your helmet up in the air as your round 3rd? Give me a break.

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Uh, oh, this is the same Brian Meadows who sucked when he pitched as a starter for my roto team (w/ Padres) in 2000.

Jjav829
08-05-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm glad someone else thinks Rodrigeuz is a clown. Come on, throwing your helmet up in the air as your round 3rd? Give me a break.

It wasn't so much that. Everyone throws their helmet in the air before they get mobbed at home. It was just the whole thing from him throwing his arms in the air right when he hit it to him flexing his arms while rounding the bases. :rolleyes:

Brian26
08-05-2006, 09:26 PM
It wasn't so much that. Everyone throws their helmet in the air before they get mobbed at home. It was just the whole thing from him throwing his arms in the air right when he hit it to him flexing his arms while rounding the bases. :rolleyes:

I saw the whole thing. It was all ridiculous. However- everyone doesn't throw their helmet 50-ft in the air as they're rounding third. That was lame.

Mr. White Sox
08-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Once again, a pitcher against the Red Sox gets jobbed on a ball/strike call. It's miraculous how every call goes their way.

DOUBLE PLAY, SUCK IT UMPS, SUCK IT FAUX SOX.

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 09:27 PM
And the Javier Lopez honeymoon period in Beantown officially is over.

White Sox back in WC lead by 1/2 game.

beckett21
08-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Rodriguez is a fierce competitor and an emotional guy. He's their AJ.

That said, I hate his guts and it will be that much sweeter when the Sox beat his and the Tigers' collective asses in the ALCS. :cool:

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Game Night on ESPN Radio is already trumpeting how the Tigers are running away with the AL Central with that win tonight. :angry:

I know, consider the source, but excuse me, didn't the White Sox also win today and keep pace with them? Not to mention that the Sox are 6 of 9 against the Tigers this season, with 10 more to go (including 6 at the Cell).

Dillweeds

Hitmen77
08-05-2006, 09:34 PM
all I have to say is that Cleveland better suck this bad when we play them in September!

FloridaTigers
08-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Game Night on ESPN Radio is already trumpeting how the Tigers are running away with the AL Central with that win tonight. :angry:

I know, consider the source, but excuse me, didn't the White Sox also win today and keep pace with them? Not to mention that the Sox are 6 of 9 against the Tigers this season, with 10 more to go (including 6 at the Cell).

Dillweeds

Alas, you forget that the Tigers have won 3 out of the last 4 games against the White Sox. But by all means, the race aint over at all, and its stupid to say we have the division won.

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Alas, you forget that the Tigers have won 3 out of the last 4 games against the White Sox. But by all means, the race aint over at all, and its stupid to say we have the division won.

Actually I haven't forgotten that at all, but I concur that if you're in the media and make that bold a prediction you better have looked at all the angles and done your research.

cgaudin
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I hope to God Carmona is still pitching when the Sox meet the Indians again. Heck, if they're gonna give games away, the Sox might as well get a few. This guy is "MR. Anti-Clutch". What a total scrub!

southwstchi4life
08-05-2006, 10:19 PM
This is rediculas. I want to say there gonna slow down, but I've been saying it all year

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Cleveland SUCKS!!!! They're quickly becoming the new Kansas City. Well, not really, but almost.

batmanZoSo
08-05-2006, 10:49 PM

I love how people just suggest so-and-so become a closer. If it were only that easy. :rolleyes:

Tiger Style
08-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Tigers will lose tomorrow...

CLE: Sabathia (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4553)(8-7, 3.64 ERA)
DET: Ledezma (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5391)(1-1, 4.11 ERA)

Chi Sox sould dominate..

CHW: Contreras (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5373)(10-3, 3.54 ERA)
TOR: Burnett (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4153)(2-5, 4.84 ERA)

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 11:50 PM
If (BIG IF) Burnett is on, he can definitely beat anyone.

That doesn't mean the Blue Jays should be favored, but it's certainly not a slam dunk by any means.

The game I can't figure out is Jason Johnson versus Howell. What's the over/under for runs scored in that travesty?

slobes
08-05-2006, 11:59 PM
The Cleveland bullpen is no longer funny anymore. It's cost us a buncha games in the wild card chase. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tiger Style
08-06-2006, 12:03 AM
The game I can't figure out is Jason Johnson versus Howell. What's the over/under for runs scored in that travesty?

That is a brutal matchup..

BOS: Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3724)(3-11, 6.25 ERA)
TAM: Howell (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=6312)(0-1, 14.73 ERA)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/stevemorello/Smilies/hang.gif

MrX
08-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Just saw the lowlights on ESPN. After seeing his reaction, putting Carmona out there again in the 9th should be considered cruel and unusual punishment. You want a picture of someone who is shot mentally, he's who you want to look at.

buehrle4cy05
08-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Just saw the lowlights on ESPN. After seeing his reaction, putting Carmona out there again in the 9th should be considered cruel and unusual punishment. You want a picture of someone who is shot mentally, he's who you want to look at.

Carmona obviously isn't a closer and Wedge somehow hasn't figured that out yet. He may have ruined a young pitcher's career by putting him in those spots.

thomas35forever
08-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Two things that bothered me about the outcome of the game:

1) If Wedge hasn't figured out by now that Carmona has blown four games for him in the last week, then he must have some kind of mental block in his head.

2) Did Pudge really have to celebrate going around the basepaths? He is an A.J. wannabe. People hate him for celebrating his own hits in such a way.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-06-2006, 12:53 AM
If (BIG IF) Burnett is on, he can definitely beat anyone.

That doesn't mean the Blue Jays should be favored, but it's certainly not a slam dunk by any means.

10 bucks says they both throw no hitters

Timmy D's
08-06-2006, 12:59 AM

1) If Wedge hasn't figured out by now that Carmona has blown four games for him in the last week, then he must have some kind of mental block in his head.

2) Did Pudge really have to celebrate going around the basepaths? He is an A.J. wannabe. People hate him for celebrating his own hits in such a way.

Pudge looked like he just won the WS right there. *** was that all about??!! He partied the WHOLE way around the bases, not to mention his early 90's "raise the roof" pose when he hit it. I hate him even more(didnt think that was possible) after watching that.:rolleyes: Man o man I cant wait till we get to sweep these clowns startin on the 11th!!!!:gulp:

goon
08-06-2006, 12:59 AM

1. carmona hates the white sox.

2. it's unfortunate the bob gibson's of the league are gone because ivan would catch one in the chops tomorrow if somebody with some balls was on the mound.

it's one thing to flip a bat, it's another thing to put your arms in the air for the ENTIRE time you're rounding the bases, like your walk-off homerun single-handedly cured cancer. what a stroke.

RadioheadRocks
08-06-2006, 01:01 AM
it's one thing to flip a bat, it's another thing to put your arms in the air for the ENTIRE time your rounding the bases, like you're walk-off homerun single-handedly cured cancer. what a stroke.

This is true, but how funny would it be if he reacted the same way after launching one off Zambozo? :D:

goon
08-06-2006, 01:03 AM
This is true, but how funny would it be if he reacted the same way after launching one off Zambozo? :D:

wow, that would be world war III.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-06-2006, 02:13 AM
And 2006 Tigers = 2005 White Sox. I can really see the comparison now. Everything is going their way.

Only difference? We didnt ****ing showboat our asses off like that last year. What a piece of ****.

RadioheadRocks
08-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Only difference? We didnt ****ing showboat our asses off like that last year. What a piece of ****.

The media also didn't exactly wet themselves over the White Sox last year either ("they're good but they're not all that and a bag of chips"); most of them seemed to be hoping for the "inevitable White Sox collapse" which of course never occurred, and this year they're all acting like World Series tickets have already been printed in Detroit.

*****!!!

TDog
08-06-2006, 04:12 AM

Pods didn't celebrate that much on his World Series game-winning walkoff HR. :rolleyes:...

I saw the replay at work tonight. I was amazed at the celebration. It is August, people.

The situation reminded me of the Ventura walk-off grand slam against the Rangers in a season of improbable comebacks that stopped happening as the season wore on. The celebration reminded me of teams inexperienced with winning celebrating an incredible win -- like Ron Santo clicking his heels while running back to the clubhouse after winning games in 1969. Mostly it reminded me of the pandemonium that followed Kenny Holtzman's Aug. 18, 1969 no-hitter against the Atlanta Braves. I looked this up. The Cubs maintained their 8-game lead against the Mets that day -- the Mets beat the Giants 1-0 on a Tommie Agee home run in the bottom of the 14th. (I could find no record on the extent of the Mets' celebration.) It was considered more important, though, that the defending NL champ Cards lost that night to fall 9.5 back.

I'm not saying the Tigers will fold like the 1969 Cubs, who without warning won just 13 of their remaining 40 games. Really, I thought it was inappropriate for the Chicago media to keep bringing up the '69 Cubs last season. But when the A's and Royals beat the White Sox in those heartbreaking AL West days, they didn't celebrate to excess, seeming to know they still had work to do.

JUribe1989
08-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Let the Tigers celebrate in August. Nobody will remember that celebration after the playoffs. The Tigers won't last more than 4 games in the playoffs anyways.

caulfield12
08-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Ambiorix Burgos blew a 2 run lead to the Twins the other night in the 9th...in grand form at least, two homers that were simply ripped in a row.

At least he got out of that inning, and I guess we have to consider it "even" because he basically gave us a win as well in the extra inning game.

SouthSoxFan
08-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Let the Tigers celebrate in August. Nobody will remember that celebration after the playoffs. The Tigers won't last more than 4 games in the playoffs anyways.

Starting tomorrow, they play 20 of the next 23 games against playoff contenders. We'll have a much better idea of their chances after that stretch.

ilsox7
08-06-2006, 08:25 AM

There's another big difference. Last year, the Sox ERA was virtually the same pre and post ASB. This year, the Tigers ERA in the 2nd half is 1.3 runs higher than the first half. While they are finding a way to win games, the house of cards may soon fall. Or it may not. It sure will be fun to see if they can keep winning games at an improbable rate with so-so pitching.

MarySwiss
08-06-2006, 09:23 AM
I didn't see it, and I don't think I want to. I still haven't forgotten the look on Byung-Hyun Kim's face after the second straight night he blew the save in the 2001 Series. A great thing was the way Mark Grace went right over to him and comforted him. Did any of the Indians think to do that?

Taliesinrk
08-06-2006, 09:23 AM
can we please keep the "PUDGE" references towards the original.. I'm sorry, but dumbass "Irod" will never be (and should never be reffered to as) a hall of fame nickname.

Ol' No. 2
08-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Starting tomorrow, they play 20 of the next 23 games against playoff contenders. We'll have a much better idea of their chances after that stretch.I'll settle for any team with a ****ing bullpen.

caulfield12
08-06-2006, 10:12 AM
We control our own destiny right now, and as long as the starting pitching holds up, we have a huge advantage over Boston.

I'm not discounting the Twins. This will be a very interesting rematch with the Tigers starting tomorrow. Radke and Silva have rebounded recently, but they're starting another minor leaguer today after casting out Bonser, Lohse and Baker already this month.

I like the fact that we're going through the fire again this season, for better or worse, the best teams will end up in the playoffs.

cgaudin
08-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I just hope Carmona's still there when We play them.

caulfield12
08-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Why do you have Chad Gaudin as your name, lol?

slobes
08-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Pudge looked like he just won the WS right there. *** was that all about??!! He partied the WHOLE way around the bases, not to mention his early 90's "raise the roof" pose when he hit it. I him even more(didnt think that was possible) after watching that.:rolleyes: Man o man I cant wait till we get to sweep these clowns startin on the 11th!!!!:gulp:

Singleton said that Ross Gload said that Rodriguez was more excited than Joe Carter after he won the World Series. That celebration was ridiculous.

chisoxmike
08-06-2006, 02:54 PM

Exactly, he's an ass. My favorite I-Rod celebrate moment was last year when he hit that lead off triple in the ninth facing Dustin Hermanson and started dancing around third base. Dustin then retired the next three batters ending the game.

ozzie1977
08-06-2006, 02:57 PM
The media also didn't exactly wet themselves over the White Sox last year either ("they're good but they're not all that and a bag of chips"); most of them seemed to be hoping for the "inevitable White Sox collapse" which of course never occurred, and this year they're all acting like World Series tickets have already been printed in Detroit.

*****!!!

actually, i travel a lot for business and the media in other towns treated last years sox almost exactly like they are this year's tigers. I know it doesn't seem like it, because we got a different impression in chicago.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Exactly, he's an ass. My favorite I-Rod celebrate moment was last year when he hit that lead off triple in the ninth facing Dustin Hermanson and started dancing around third base. Dustin then retired the next three batters ending the game.

A classic.

I guess that he's just so happy to still be playing after coming off the juice and losing all that body mass that being able to get a big hit like that, well, he just can't contain himself.