PDA

View Full Version : Any explanations for this?

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
White Sox Team ERA at home=4.11
White Sox Road ERA=5.21

ERA before All-Star Break=4.44
ERA post All-Star Break=5.21

That 5.21 is 28th in the major leagues, ahead of only Baltimore and TB.

OTOH, there's nowhere to go but up with encouraging starts from Buehrle and Javy. If we could get Garcia's fastball back, I would go to Vegas and put $1,000 on the Sox to beat out Boston and the Twins for the WC.

Jurr
08-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Look at who the Sox have been playing for your answer. The schedule finally let up, and look what's going on.

Granted, they've gotta start playing better against the good teams, and they're going to get their chance VERY soon.

getonbckthr
08-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Look at who the Sox have been playing for your answer. The schedule finally let up, and look what's going on.

Granted, they've gotta start playing better against the good teams, and they're going to get their chance VERY soon.
If they can't play well and beat the top teams then whats the use of showing up and trying to make the playoffs? The schedule excuse is getting old real quick. We all play the same teams.

caulfield12
08-06-2006, 11:14 AM
I read another post somewhere that said Detroit was playing teams in playoff contention 20 of the next 23 ballgames...let's play 'em all out and see where we stand in 22 days. I think the bullpen has been getting enough rest this season to take this challenge on, and Buehrle and Javy are giving us reasons to believe again.

jabrch
08-06-2006, 12:25 PM
I read another post somewhere that said Detroit was playing teams in playoff contention 20 of the next 23 ballgames...

and so are we...incluiding the Yanks, Tigers (2X), Twins (2X).

Chisox1500
08-08-2006, 05:00 PM
You can't explain all of that by saying the Sox are playing good teams now. They haven't pitched well all year. They won with offense.

I hope they can some how take the wild card and get hot. The pitching is such a mess right now that they wouldn't fair well even if they got in.

QCIASOXFAN
08-08-2006, 06:01 PM
If they can't play well and beat the top teams then whats the use of showing up and trying to make the playoffs? The schedule excuse is getting old real quick. We all play the same teams.Nice posting. That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

White Sox Randy
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
This is a negative post. You guys should not be talking about the White Sox if you can't say something positive.

Additionally, even though I find your post uninteresting to me and without merit, I won't merely ignore it but instead must take this opportunity to point all this out to you and offer any possible criticism.

YOU, sir, are a dark cloud.

sullythered
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
This is a negative post. You guys should not be talking about the White Sox if you can't say something positive.

Additionally, even though I find your post uninteresting to me and without merit, I won't merely ignore it but instead must take this opportunity to point all this out to you and offer any possible criticism.

YOU, sir, are a dark cloud.

Yeah, because this thread isn't any more relevant or insightful than, "we've never made the playoffs with an Alomar."

Please.

White Sox Randy
08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, because this thread isn't any more relevant or insightful than, "we've never made the playoffs with an Alomar."

Please.

thanks for proving the point