PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Finally put it all together.

:vazquez:

All of you that thought I was worthless can kiss my ass.

slobes
Did anyone actually have the guts to pick him today?

Edit: I just checked and yeah, some of you did. Impressive psychic skills.

digdagdug23
Finally put it all together.

:vazquez:

All of you that thought I was worthless can kiss my ass.

Amen, awesome job, Illini and I knew it all along. :D:

Baby Fisk
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
True story:

I'm at the Sox-Jays game today and I go to the concessions stand for some grub during the fifth inning. As I'm standing in line, a mysterious old man suddenly appears behind me, notices the Sox gear (Pierzynski t-shirt, St. Paddy's Day hat), and says "Boy, wouldn't it be something if we saw a no-hitter today."

I turned around. He was like some kind of gandalfian figure: big floppy hat, long grey hair, and an indescribable aura about him. I wasn't even aware there was a no-hitter going on (the game WAS moving fast, now that I think about it).

I turn back to face the front of the line and no sooner does the old man walk away than BAM! Home Run by Troy Glaus. The old man laid the jinx on us. It was the freakiest damn thing.

Anyway, JAVIER! BEAUTY, EH! :bandance:

asindc
08-05-2006, 08:22 PM
True story:

I'm at the Sox-Jays game today and I go to the concessions stand for some grub during the fifth inning. As I'm standing in line, a mysterious old man suddenly appears behind me, notices the Sox gear (Pierzynski t-shirt, St. Paddy's Day hat), and says "Boy, wouldn't it be something if we saw a no-hitter today."

I turned around. He was like some kind of gandalfian figure: big floppy hat, long grey hair, and an indescribable aura about him. I wasn't even aware there was a no-hitter going on (the game WAS moving fast, now that I think about it).

I turn back to face the front of the line and no sooner does the old man walk away than BAM! Home Run by Troy Glaus. The old man laid the jinx on us. It was the freakiest damn thing.

Anyway, JAVIER! BEAUTY, EH! :bandance:

A bit off topic, but your post reminds me of a game at Comiskey a few years back. Boston is in town, Clemons on the mound against Alvarez. The Sox rock Clemons early, so the game is never in doubt after the first couple of innings. I was there with my brother, who finally notices in the top of the 7th that Alvarez is working on a no-no. He blurts out loud, "Hey, he's pitching a no-hitter!" Next batter, double to deep center.

Anyway, Javy has been more than due. Hopefully the law of averages are at work here and his remaining starts are above par.

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2006, 08:22 PM
The announcer on TSN today said that only four times did the ball get out of the infield! THAT'S called getting it done!!!

IlliniSox4Life
08-05-2006, 10:42 PM
Amen, awesome job, Illini and I knew it all along. :D:

As horrible as the song is...

HERE COME THE SOX!