PDA

View Full Version : *Official*Javier self a merry little Sox game!! 8/5/06 postgame thread

Chips
08-05-2006, 06:04 PM
:winner

CubsfansareDRUNK
Wow....Javy!! :bandance::supernana::bandance:

digdagdug23
YAY!!!

Awesome game by Javier, who'd a thunk it.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Great job today by Javy, lets go for the sweep tomorrow:moonwalk:
Edit: Great thread title by the way

The Racehorse
08-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Hopefully Jenks didn't pump out too many warmup tosses...

... great freakin' job Javy!!!

batmanZoSo
08-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Nice win, but of course if we'd been playing Boston, we'd have only won by 5. :cool:

Sig updated.

slobes
Haha I love the title of this thread, I wonder how long it took for you to think of it.
Obviously, amazing performance by Javy today! Offense stepped up too. Bring out the brooms tomorrow!!

soltrain21
That was simply amazing. Wow!

CanBuehrleWait
Indeed. Wash, rinse repeat against those Yanks Javy.

Fuller_Schettman
08-05-2006, 06:07 PM
That could be Postgame Thread Title of the Year! :thumbsup:

digdagdug23
08-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Haha I love the title of this thread, I wonder how long it took for you to think of it.
Obviously, amazing performance by Javy today! Offense stepped up too. Bring out the brooms tomorrow!!

Thanks, I was inspired by Bevi, I can only hope to aspire to his legendary status. Actually the title just kinda popped in to my head.

BeviBall!
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Beautiful game and thread title! The ultimate double play!

voodoochile
08-05-2006, 06:10 PM
:winner

Heck of an effort all the way around again.

Javier if you can pitch like that for the rest of the season, there will be a LOT of Sox fans who will raise a toast to you this off season.

:supernana::)

Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
The sun shine in...

:)

salty99
08-05-2006, 06:11 PM
I think we know who our PTC is!

asindc
08-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Didn't see the game, but followed on CNNSI updater. Just the kind of game Javy, and the team, needed. I was at the Balt. game Sunday, where he had his latest "Javy inning." Great to see this against a good offensive team as well. I feel better about this result than any since the all-star break. This makes 3 series wins in a row. 2 of 3 from now on will get us the wild card, I think. I'll toast to Javy's great effort today. :gulp:

rowand33
08-05-2006, 06:18 PM
awesome start by Vazquez (picked him up on my fantasy team in the 8th inning, let's hope for the best :cool: )

great day for the offense despite our baserunning blunders. 7 runs, NO HOMERS!

and all of our rivals are losing so far today.

let's win that division.

cbone
08-05-2006, 06:19 PM
It's really starting to click. Keep winning and everything will take care of itself.

Great job Javy, the offense gives him a little cushion early. Sweep em tomorrow!!!! :gulp: :gulp:

Soxfanspcu11
08-05-2006, 06:19 PM
YAY!!!

Awesome game by Javier, who'd a thunk it.

Me.

All season.

Gavin
08-05-2006, 06:20 PM
An outstanding game by Javier, his best of the season, and the AP recap is absolutely paltry.

Compare our game: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AiKy.OPz.FGoT_gBNDFd1bIRvLYF?gid=260805 114
to the NYM-PHI game: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_ylt=AiGnnerMCc.xf7xoIvifLZARvLYF?gid=260805 121

Pathetic!

rowand33
08-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Me.

All season.

that's nothing to be proud of.

Red Barchetta
08-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Probably his best game this season. At least most important. Now let's get a sweep tomorrow!!!!

:smile:

thomas35forever
08-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Great game pitched by Javy. Maybe the best all year. Did anyone actually pick him as their PTC?

beckett21
08-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Javy is going to be a key down the stretch.

Great job today. I see no reason why he can't keep this up.

Baby Fisk
08-05-2006, 07:15 PM
The Black Jays are in full meltdown mode. After the seventh inning today, I noticed a Gatorade cooler come flying out of their dugout. Did the Jays have a beef with the umpires or something today? I didn't notice anything contentious during the game, but maybe I missed something. Of course, maybe it's just someone going ballistic during this losing streak. Jays fans were booing their crappy pitchers repeatedly during the game.

Let's get one more tomorrow, Sox! :bandance:

NoShoesJoe
08-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Great to see Javy pitch this well today. It looks like everything was clicking (except some baserunning fubar's). Great game!

:sweep:

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Friggen awesome games by both Javier and Gooch! I have no complaints!

Let's sweep them out of Skydome tomorrow!

MrX
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
It's great to see this team heating up again with the Yankmees and Kitties coming to town next week.

Great game by Javy, hopefully the changes Coop made to his delivery set him straight now. He was nasty today.

Watching Paulie driving the ball over to center-right again was good to see.

Hopefully Joe is ok.

MarySwiss
08-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Digdagdug23: You had yourself an outstanding little title. Way to go!

doctorlecter
08-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Let's see if we have that killer instinct tomorrow that we lacked in other opportunities to sweep....

WSox597
08-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Great job by Vazquez. Looks like he listened to some guidance from somebody. I hope he can keep it up.

That was a nice scene in the dugout with him and Ozzie. Good to see him pitch well.

SoxSpeed22
08-05-2006, 07:50 PM
I was in the mood for naming the thread "Coop magic."
Javier fixed his innings today and once he gets that confidence, look out.
Time to hit the stride! :bandance:

DickAllen72
08-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Great job today by Javy, lets go for the sweep tomorrow:moonwalk:

We don't need a sweep. We already won the series so let's just be happy with that.

Seriously, that game by Javy was HUGE.

Not only was it a big win, but Javy saved the bullpen which is very important going into this streak of big games with no days off.

Lets hope Javy can pitch like this from now on. Although it was a great performance, one game does not a season nor a career make. The jury is still out on Javy for the next three or four starts. Still, today's performance was a good step in the right direction.

Now let's go out there tomorrow and get that SWEEP!!! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Bucky F. Dent
08-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Great game all the way around, and as of this moment the Yankees have lost, and the Red Sox & Tigers are losing!!!!

JB98
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Something good to build on for Javy. Hopefully, he cleared a mental hurdle today when he pitched out of trouble in the fifth and retired the side in order in the sixth. Heaven knows we need some consistency from our starting pitching. That's back-to-back quality starts in this series. It's Jose's turn tomorrow.

NDSox12
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Two great games in a row. This road trip against weak/struggling teams seems to be just what the doctor ordered to get the Sox back on track. Just in time too with huge games coming up. Let's finish off the Blue Jays tomorrow!

Any word on Crede? Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Frater Perdurabo
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Let's hope this is the beginning of something beautiful from Vazquez.

Efficient outings from the starters will be a huge boon to this team during this stretch of 24 games. The less the bullpen has to get used, the more effective it will be.

Scoring seven runs without hitting one homer is a good sign.

Any update on Crede's health?

Hitmen77
08-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Any word on Crede? Hopefully it is nothing serious.

I was wondering the same thing. The only dark spot on an otherwise awesome day.

With Thome and PK coming around, having them with Dye and Crede in the lineup should equal alot more wins.

Jurr
08-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Great ballgame. Three pages of posts only?

Man, I guess it's more fun to be worried.

Meanwhile............Cleveland. Meh.

rowand33
08-05-2006, 08:52 PM
I was wondering the same thing. The only dark spot on an otherwise awesome day.

With Thome and PK coming around, having them with Dye and Crede in the lineup should equal alot more wins.

ozzie says he'll be ready on monday. taking him out was precautionary.

Rounding_Third
08-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I was in the mood for naming the thread "Coop magic."
Javier fixed his innings today and once he gets that confidence, look out.
Time to hit the stride!

According to Hawk, Coop moved Vasquez to left side of rubber and shorted his stride by a couple of inches. They worked on it in his last throwing session. Let's hope that's the ticket!

ND_Sox_Fan
08-05-2006, 09:21 PM
According to Hawk, Coop moved Vasquez to left side of rubber and shorted his stride by a couple of inches. They worked on it in his last throwing session. Let's hope that's the ticket!
As great as it is to have a pitching coach with the right solutions, credit has to go to our pitchers (Thorton, Buehrle & Vazquez) for actually making the adjustments and pitching well!!

MISoxfan
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Not much to say about the game, it was an awesome game and on WGN so I even got to watch it. I had to post to say awesome thread title!

vernhillssoxfan
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
What a great win for Javy and the whole team. All runs scored without a home run and best off all camera shots of the dugout showed the players having a good time joking around.

Let's go for the sweep tomorrow.

starboy0
08-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I remember a couple of back to back games for Javi early in the season where he only gave up 1 or 2 hits.

He can be key for us down the stretch.

southwstchi4life
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
That a baby

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Let's hope this is the beginning of something beautiful from Vazquez.

The last thing I want to do is jump the gun, but is anyone else thinking there could be possible parallels between Contreras in 2005 and Vazquez in 2006? Is Vazquez going to be the one to carry the pitching staff down the stretch???

I am well aware of the fact that this is only one great start for Vazquez, but in reading someone else's post that mentioned Coop working with Javy on a few mechanics and things, I can't help but feel a twinge of optimism here!

AWESOME GAME all around for the second day in a row! :thumbsup:

digdagdug23
08-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Great ballgame. Three pages of posts only?

Man, I guess it's more fun to be worried.

Meanwhile............Cleveland. Meh.

I know! Such a beautiful game to watch, and the thread only has 3 pages..........

Cleveland, daggit. We are in control of our own destiny.

batmanZoSo
08-05-2006, 10:41 PM
The last thing I want to do is jump the gun, but is anyone else thinking there could be possible parallels between Contreras in 2005 and Vazquez in 2006? Is Vazquez going to be the one to carry the pitching staff down the stretch???

I am well aware of the fact that this is only one great start for Vazquez, but in reading someone else's post that mentioned Coop working with Javy on a few mechanics and things, I can't help but feel a twinge of optimism here!

There's no earthly reason why a pitcher should be good for 5 innings, then fall apart every time out. When that happens consistently, what's the pitcher more likely to be in line with--the 5 dominant innings or the one bad inning? In the spirit of optimism, the former. Javy is joining Garland and Contreras to lead us to the promised land down the stretch!

:bandance:

beckett21
08-05-2006, 10:43 PM

I don't think this is jumping the gun at all.

Vazquez has the talent. Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

cgaudin
08-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Let's not get carried away yet, fellas. It was just one game. I'm not quite ready to discard "Half-game" Vasquez' well-earned reputation so far this season. He needs to do this a couple more times before I get on the bandwagon and address him as "Javier" any time soon.

batmanZoSo
08-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Let's not get carried away yet, fellas. It was just one game. I'm not quite ready to discard "Half-game" Vasquez' well-earned reputation so far this season. He needs to do this a couple more times before I get on the bandwagon and address him as "Javier" any time soon.

Get on or get left behind.

http://www.onekama.k12.mi.us/h2001/bandwagon.sm2.JPG

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2006, 10:54 PM

His talent is apparent and today was not the only time we've seen it. Remember the Saturday game in Kansas City in early April? Vazquez had no-hitter type stuff and was dominating, but then Sweeney burned us in the 8th inning with a go-ahead homerun. And there have been other outings of his this year where he has shown pure talent. I believe he has what it takes to help carry the team down the stretch and I hope today was the beginning of it.

batmanZoSo
08-05-2006, 11:00 PM
His talent is apparent and today was not the only time we've seen it. Remember the Saturday game in Kansas City in early April? Vazquez had no-hitter type stuff and was dominating, but then Sweeney burned us in the 8th inning with a go-ahead homerun. And there have been other outings of his this year where he has shown pure talent. I believe he has what it takes to help carry the team down the stretch and I hope today was the beginning of it.

Kansas City doesn't count. I could probably be a right-handed specialty guy against them.

MISoxfan
08-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Get on or get left behind.

http://www.onekama.k12.mi.us/h2001/bandwagon.sm2.JPG

Haha, that might even beat the thread title.

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Kansas City doesn't count. I could probably be a right-handed specialty guy against them.

Like it or not, Kansas City is a major league team; they count as much as the Yankees, Angels, or any other team we face.

cgaudin
08-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Anyone NOT blind can clearly see what "Half-game" Vasquez' problems are. Did you not notice that there were ONLY 3 baserunners the entire game while he pitched? That's been his story the entire year; he falls apart when baserunners get on. Why? I'm glad you asked. "Half-game" cannot pitch from the stretch effectively. More specific is the fact that he cannot get "bite" on his offspeed pitches. The slider works fine as he throws from the windup. But his delivery is altered from the stretch and he tends to hang sliders and curveballs quite often. It just so happens that there were hardly any baserunners for him to pitch from the stretch. So he was much more effective pitching from the windup almost the entire game. I'm dying to see how he does when he gets in a jam in the next few games.

Hitmen77
08-05-2006, 11:20 PM
ozzie says he'll be ready on monday. taking him out was precautionary.

That's good to hear. Actually, here an article on Crede from whitesox.com: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060805&content_id=1594623&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Hitmen77
08-05-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't think this is jumping the gun at all.

I hope the last starts by both Vazquez and Buehrle are an indication that they're back on track and have gotten over problems that seem to be mental more than physical.

If we can get these two guys going again in addition to Garland and Contreras pitching well, that'll be HUGE for the Sox. The talent is there and there is nothing really physically wrong with them. That starting pitching together with our offense (seems like the hitters are snapping out of their funks) plus our suddenly decent looking bullpen really has the potential to rack up alot of wins down the stretch.

All the pieces are there. Now, our guys just have to make it happen.

Dan Mega
08-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Javier after the game: "the difference in this one was I knew I was going to get them out."

Thats the cojones we want to see. Great game Javier. Sweep tomorrow.

cbone
08-06-2006, 07:14 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Javy's stuff was nasty yesterday. You know he's got the talent. Hopefully, Coop's tweaking of his set-up and that solid start can give him the confidence he needs.

On another front, there has to be some pysch majors here. Can someone explain the thought process behind an average of 3-4 pages of posts after 2 really good wins? Our next loss you'll see what, 10-15 pages? I get really happy when the Sox have a sold win. I like to say "Yay That was a good game!" :smile: I don't get it.

TornLabrum
08-06-2006, 08:37 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Javy's stuff was nasty yesterday. You know he's got the talent. Hopefully, Coop's tweaking of his set-up and that solid start can give him the confidence he needs.

On another front, there has to be some pysch majors here. Can someone explain the thought process behind an average of 3-4 pages of posts after 2 really good wins? Our next loss you'll see what, 10-15 pages? I get really happy when the Sox have a sold win. I like to say "Yay That was a good game!" :smile: I don't get it.

I mentioned it in yesterday's thread. Sox fans love to bitch and moan.

digdagdug23
08-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Anyone NOT blind can clearly see what "Half-game" Vasquez' problems are. Did you not notice that there were ONLY 3 baserunners the entire game while he pitched? That's been his story the entire year; he falls apart when baserunners get on.

I tried ignoring this, but it won't work. Vasquez happened to get in to a bases loaded situation, just in time for the ritualistic meltdown, and pulled through it beautifully.

Blob
08-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I tried ignoring this, but it won't work. Vasquez happened to get in to a bases loaded situation, just in time for the ritualistic meltdown, and pulled through it beautifully.

See post #61. :D:

Beautiful game yesterday fellas!

MadetoOrta
08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
We're in the middle of the 3d Round and starting to make a lot of birdies with an occasional bogey. Need another birdie today!

ChiSox14305635
08-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd love to see Javy turn it around the way Jose was able to in the 2nd half of 2005. :bandance::bandance::bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
08-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Thank you Javier, Dont make a fool out of me man, done make a fool outta me...

Lip Man 1
08-06-2006, 11:33 AM
That's about as dominant as you'll ever see a pitcher. Third time a charm for a road trip sweep?

Lip

nasox
08-06-2006, 12:01 PM
We're in the middle of the 3d Round and starting to make a lot of birdies with an occasional bogey. Need another birdie today!

Golf sucks at explaining baseball.

Pierzynski 12
08-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Glad to see Javy dominate more than 5 innings.:gulp: