PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry a Yankmee coach

Paulwny
02-19-2002, 02:37 PM
Steinbrenner To Give Strawberry Coaching Job
Feb. 19, 2002
AP

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) George Steinbrenner has not given up on Darryl Strawberry.

The New York Yankees owner said Tuesday the troubled former outfielder will be offered a job as a player development coach after completing court-mandated drug treatment.

"He will join me," Steinbrenner said. "He will come with us. He knows he has a place to go."

Strawberry was sentenced May 18 to Thursday to two years' house arrest at a rural Florida drug treatment center.

Steinbrenner has been monitoring the progress of the eight-time All-Star, and said he deserves another opportunity.

"I'll take that chance," Steinbrenner said. "You got reach out and help."

The position likely would involve working with minor league players at the Yankees' complex in Florida.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

kermittheefrog
02-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

"I'll take that chance," Steinbrenner said. "You got reach out and help."

The position likely would involve working with minor league players at the Yankees' complex in Florida.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Strawberry: "You see, guys the key to making it in the majors is to not snort crack at every given opportunity. Ooooo, another good piece of advice, if you have a kilo of crack on you, don't say it belongs to your uncle. That just makes things worse."

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 03:35 PM
:partybus

Come aboard! There's room for one more. Next stop New York!

:gulp:

rmusacch
02-19-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
:partybus

Come aboard! There's room for one more. Next stop New York!

:gulp:

OK I know who the first three people are. Who is the last one?

voodoochile
02-19-2002, 05:28 PM
I'm trying to think of something witty, but I am just laughing too damn hard...

If the lines for the coaches box come up missing, I guess we'll know where to start the search...

First time Darryl wipes his nose and the players do a double steal, Steinbrennar may rethink this plan...

Isn't this the punchline to a Seinfeld episode?

foulkesfan11
02-19-2002, 08:33 PM
Maybe he'll pass out some drugs to the team and they will totally suck this year! One can only hope!

:yankeessuck