PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for starting a new thread but could some one explain..

stacksedwards
08-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Can someone give me a cut in dry on how waivers work? I know it starts with teams in the same league making a claim on a guy and it goes by record other than that I'm lost. Can teams veto trade or do they have to make claim on guy in order to stop another team from getting guy. Thanks.

Ol' No. 2
08-05-2006, 10:45 AM
The search feature is your friend. It was only one page down.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76296

stacksedwards
08-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Sorry did not look very hard, thanks. Sorry for clogging things up.

FarWestChicago
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry did not look very hard, thanks. Sorry for clogging things up.At least you were polite about it. :smile:

caulfield12
08-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Teams place most of their players on waivers at this time of year and, if they are claimed, can trade them to the claiming team or pull them back and keep them. As Williams says, it's a "tricky" time of the season because some teams will try to block players from going to better teams. Teams' claiming rights go in reverse order of record.

"We are is in position to block somebody that we think could end up [going to] New York or Detroit, etc.," Williams said.

Last year, the Sox had the best record in baseball and thus weren't able to block any waiver moves
from chicagosports.com