PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of remaining positive.....


Bmr31
02-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Everyone and anyone please post the reason or reasons why they think the sox can make it to the world series this year or the next.....PUMP ME UP!!! :gulp:

voodoochile
02-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Everyone and anyone please post the reason or reasons why they think the sox can make it to the world series this year or the next.....PUMP ME UP!!! :gulp:

For me it is simple...

This year we can get there with the acquisition of a solid 1-3 pitcher, IMO.

Next year at least one guy from Parque/Glover/Wright/Garland should have stepped up and become a 1-3 pitcher, IMO.

With the push generated by the young guys in the minors (Rauch, Malone, Borchard, Crede, Olivio) the Sox are going to be stocked and loaded for a long long time.

Talent and experience, BMR... together they win championships. Our time is coming... Our window is opening...

What do you see?

cheeses_h_rice
02-19-2002, 02:39 PM
I honestly don't know what to expect this year. I mean, I *think* the Sox will win about 91 games and win the Central, but who really knows? This team was so bedeviled with injuries and non-meshing new faces last year that you have to think their luck will turn around, and they will have a reasonably stable lineup except at Catcher and CF.

Still, they have so much that is good that is already here. What I am most worried about is their pitching. Will Buehrle fall off of his magnificent 2001? Will Ritchie be a bust? Will Jon Garland finally prove that he can be a quality major league pitcher for an entire season? And how will all those mending arms perform throughout the campaign?

And lastly, will Cleveland be as mediocre as they appear to be? Will the Twins flop?

So many questions, so few answers. I can't wait for the season to begin. Speaking of which, I just found out today that I'm going to Opening Day at Comiskey with my brother and some of his friends....kewl!

Bmr31
02-19-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


For me it is simple...

This year we can get there with the acquisition of a solid 1-3 pitcher, IMO.

Next year at least one guy from Parque/Glover/Wright/Garland should have stepped up and become a 1-3 pitcher, IMO.

With the push generated by the young guys in the minors (Rauch, Malone, Borchard, Crede, Olivio) the Sox are going to be stocked and loaded for a long long time.

Talent and experience, BMR... together they win championships. Our time is coming... Our window is opening...

What do you see?

well im going to look from the outside in.....The yankees are getting older, the A's are not improving and the indians are on the verge of flat out SUCKING. I think the sox have a great opportunity to get into the world series in the next two seasons. What will it take? Break out years from guys like Garland and the like...

Iwritecode
02-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
The yankees are getting older

I've been thinking that for years now but every year they seem to re-load with solid veterans and maintain that older average age but still remain competitive. Damn them! :angry:

Cheryl
02-19-2002, 03:51 PM
Basically what cheeses said. There's too many variables to make a prediction.

I'm just happy there's going to be a season after all.

bc2k
02-19-2002, 06:07 PM
Well I see the sox obviously stronger with the return of the injured.

But more importantly we will not get off to a 14-29 start as we did in 2001. I say this because Ramirez and Baines will not be stinking up the place, and Clayton cannot start 2002 as bad as he started 2001. It would be almost impossible for clayton to hit worse than he started last year. Even if he does, I have a feeling Jerry Manuel would bench him.

Throw in a real lead-off hitter and a weakened division, and we have a good formula for winning the central division title.

But the real excitement comes in 2003 when we win it all baby.

longshot7
02-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Everyone and anyone please post the reason or reasons why they think the sox can make it to the world series this year or the next.....PUMP ME UP!!! :gulp:

don't get optimistic. It's not gonna happen. Sorry bmr...

Pete_SSAC
02-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Everyone and anyone please post the reason or reasons why they think the sox can make it to the world series this year or the next.....PUMP ME UP!!! :gulp:

Well, I doubt the world series this year very much, and I think we'll do better next year, but still no WS.

Within 5 years though. I can feel it.

- Pete

Dadawg_77
02-19-2002, 09:02 PM
Jeter, Giambi and Riveria are coming back from a spring training gams and their car flips. No one permently hurt just all three have to sit out the season.

Boston colapses on itself.

Cleveland trade Thome and Visquez to unload some more salary.

The Twins get contract mis way through the year. They forfiet the remaining games.

JR makes the best trade he has even made and trades GM's with the A's. Kenny then goes on to trade Hudson and Liddle to the Sox for Royce Clayton and Carlos Lee.

Or the Sox make the playoffs, and unlike past times, they have an offence. The name of the game is to get there and any thing can happen.

Bmr31
02-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


I've been thinking that for years now but every year they seem to re-load with solid veterans and maintain that older average age but still remain competitive. Damn them! :angry:

very true, but, last year they didnt win the ring, so maybe its catching up to them??

Bmr31
02-19-2002, 10:41 PM
wow, most of the reaction was negative. I was looking for some of you guys to increase my optimism! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31
wow, most of the reaction was negative. I was looking for some of you guys to increase my optimism! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

If you want to increase your optimism, do lots of this...

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Bmr31
02-20-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice


If you want to increase your optimism, do lots of this...

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

lol i will be swimming in this :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: in vegas...