PDA

View Full Version : Game recaps

thomas35forever
08-05-2006, 12:44 AM
In the words of Peter Griffin, "ya know what really grinds my gears?" Game recaps that are being updated less frequently these days. I know this isn't the best stretch we've had all season long, but I'm starting to notice victories are being left out too. I'm not intending on attacking anyone.

buehrle4cy05
08-05-2006, 02:34 AM
In the words of Peter Griffin, "ya know what really grinds my gears?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/peter1.gif
"You know what really grinds my gears? People from the 19th century! Why don't they get with the freakin' program? It's called an automobile, people!"

Couldn't resist.:redneck

StatHead21
08-05-2006, 02:55 AM
Because they did not play well Vs. Balt or KC. They played fantastic today Vs. the Jays.

"A win is a win" an extremely annoying cliche when talking about regular season baseball. Fact is if they play like they did Vs. Balt. or KC against the good teams they will get their head kicked in. If they play like they did tonight, they'll fair quite well Vs. anyone.

PalehosePlanet
08-05-2006, 03:08 AM
Tonight was agreat win: Big hits vs. a tough pitcher, turning big double plays, Scottie bunting his way on and stealing a base, a two out no one on rally in the 6th......ahhh yes.

On the bad side: I can't tell you how pissed off I was in the 1st when Mackowiak butchered that easily catchable bloop. Man oh man.

my5thbench
08-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Anderson looks much better in center field than Rob

MarySwiss
08-05-2006, 10:35 AM
In the words of Peter Griffin, "ya know what really grinds my gears?" Game recaps that are being updated less frequently these days. I know this isn't the best stretch we've had all season long, but I'm starting to notice victories are being left out too. I'm not intending on attacking anyone.

Last night's TBGR will be coming up soon. :smile:

ode to veeck
08-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Anderson looks much better in center field than Rob

It was a little scary on late inning catch or two out there wasn't it? Hey Ozzzie! Quit frikkin' platooning our man Brian out there!

jongarlandlover
08-05-2006, 01:40 PM
It was a little scary on late inning catch or two out there wasn't it? Hey Ozzzie! Quit frikkin' platooning our man Brian out there!

Exactly! Macko scares the heck outta me when he's out there. Everytime something's hit to him I worry about whether he can catch it or not. And Brian's hitting much better now (.313 in July!). Ozzie needs to stop platooning him with Rob!!!

chisoxmike
08-05-2006, 06:08 PM

Well, I admit, I totally forgot about mine last Friday (the Gload slam night) I actually didn't notice I was supposed to do it until a few days later.

The staff works hard to write these every night and by no means are we being lazy about them.

Baby Fisk
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Advance notice: I might be a bit late with the Monday TBGR (Sox-Angels makeup game). I might not be near a computer before Wednesday and will upload it then. Sorry for the delay, gang.

At least it's good to know that people read the TBGRs! :)

MarySwiss
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, I admit, I totally forgot about mine last Friday (the Gload slam night) I actually didn't notice I was supposed to do it until a few days later.
The staff works hard to write these every night and by no means are we being lazy about them.

Advance notice: I might be a bit late with the Monday TBGR (Sox-Angels makeup game). I might not be near a computer before Wednesday and will upload it then. Sorry for the delay, gang.

At least it's good to know that people read the TBGRs! :)

Well said, Mike and Baby Fisk. And FWIW, it's easier when it's a day game, and it's not blacked out, and the writer lives in Arizona.

Today's TBGR is up right now. :D:

chisoxfanatic
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Last night's TBGR will be coming up soon. :smile:

Thank you once again, Mary for covering me! I owe you one!

MarySwiss
08-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Thank you once again, Mary for covering me! I owe you one!
Da nada. I hope you're having a fantastic time up in Toronto. You guys have made your presence felt--and heard!:D: