PDA

View Full Version : Playoff tickets??? Ozzie Plan

mikesouthside
08-04-2006, 06:02 PM
I just opened my mail and a letter for the Sox came. It is letting Ozzie ticket plan holders get a choice of playoff tickets (upper level only) I have 4 tickets in the plan (Lower Reserve) but it states I can only choose ALDS for 2 games...2tickets each or ALCS one game 2 tickets. What in the world is that?

MrT27
08-04-2006, 07:08 PM
For myself I have the option of 2 tickets for ONE ALDS game or 2 tickets for TWO ALCS games. I don't know why it is like that but I won't complain

Scottzilla
08-04-2006, 07:10 PM
lol you shoulda read the fine print that was on the website since last year that partial plans only got access to buy certain playoff games.

southside rocks
08-04-2006, 09:38 PM
For myself I have the option of 2 tickets for ONE ALDS game or 2 tickets for TWO ALCS games.

I have that option too.

I bought my Ozzie Plan in December 2005; those who bought the plan after a date in early January 2006 get no post-season tickets at all.

Also, a friend of mine who has full season tickets and has had them for decades -- 2 seats -- got to buy 4 seats to the post-season games last year, and this year he's been told already that he can only have 2 seats.

It's about the club trying to fit all the season ticket holders into the park for all the post-season games, I guess!

Brian26
08-04-2006, 10:32 PM
What in the world is that?

If you want full playoff rights, buy a full-season plan.

dcb56
08-04-2006, 10:59 PM
What in the world is that?

I'd say those are your options. :wink:

Oblong
08-04-2006, 11:03 PM
How many games is the ozzie plan?

Timmy D's
08-04-2006, 11:03 PM
If you want full playoff rights, buy a full-season plan.

AND, do so before the deadline, I believe peeps who bought the FS plan after Jan 15, have NO :o: post season rights. I remember readin that in the media guide or somethin, and called my rep all panicked about when they cashed my check, and she was like "relax, that was for new orders only, yours was a renewal" cause they had so many all the sudden. So just in case if you did buy FS tix around (I believe Jan 15th???) double check now before ya get disappointed come fall.

Scottiehaswheels
08-04-2006, 11:18 PM
How many games is the ozzie plan?13, 12 you pay for and 1 free; I thought about buying a tiger plan with the same option but it was like 20 games and since the Sox are only up there for 10 I passed... oh well

SaltyPretzel
08-05-2006, 09:17 AM
http://www.hickoksports.com/images/mora_jim.jpg

Playoffs? Playoffs???!!!

ewokpelts
08-05-2006, 10:01 AM
you're lucky they're giving you a choice....the website stated that you were supposed to only get ONE GAME...in the ALDS....

27 game holders get the entire alds, one game of the alcs, and one game of the ws....

81 game holders get all playoff games, and as of last year, got to purchase extra tix for the alds and alcs....but i hav a feeling that option is gone

to quote lando calrissian.....that's the price you pay for being successful

Gene

p.s. quit your bitching

ewokpelts
08-05-2006, 10:03 AM
13, 12 you pay for and 1 free; I thought about buying a tiger plan with the same option but it was like 20 games and since the Sox are only up there for 10 I passed... oh welllast year, the ozzie plan was 12 games full price with game 13 being 1/2 price
this year, it was a buck off each game in the plan
Gene

lockportsox
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
The thing that ticks me off, though, is that I have 5 Ozzie Plan tickets and only got the opportunity to buy 2. People who have 2 Ozzie Plan tickets also get the opportunity to buy 2. This is patently unfair--I handed the White Sox more money, yet I get the same post-season deal as someone who paid less.

Next year I'll just buy 3 different sets of tickets, and then all of us can attend the post season. For this year, we'll either have to have a smack-down to see which two get the tickets, or run a lottery among us or some stupid thing.

I am not very happy with this situation. :angry:

TornLabrum
08-07-2006, 10:43 AM
The thing that ticks me off, though, is that I have 5 Ozzie Plan tickets and only got the opportunity to buy 2. People who have 2 Ozzie Plan tickets also get the opportunity to buy 2. This is patently unfair--I handed the White Sox more money, yet I get the same post-season deal as someone who paid less.

Next year I'll just buy 3 different sets of tickets, and then all of us can attend the post season. For this year, we'll either have to have a smack-down to see which two get the tickets, or run a lottery among us or some stupid thing.

I am not very happy with this situation. :angry:

I had one Ozzie ticket and I had the right to buy two (and did). You know what? They gave you the option of two ALCS games. That was better than what you agreed to by signing up for the plan (one division series game). And I don't recall seeing anywhere that you were guaranteed a number of playoff seats equal to the number of seats you purchased with your plan.

CaptainBallz
08-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Question: If the Ozzie Plan holders choose ALCS tickets and the Sox don't get that far (I shudder to think) is there a refund for the tix or does it work like the Ticket Exchange where the money rolls back into an account for future tickets?

thanks

Scottiehaswheels
08-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Question: If the Ozzie Plan holders choose ALCS tickets and the Sox don't get that far (I shudder to think) is there a refund for the tix or does it work like the Ticket Exchange where the money rolls back into an account for future tickets?

thanks

I believe you can do either... Last year my rep asked if I wanted a refund on my Game 6&7 ALCS/WS tickets... But I rolled that into my season ticket account so thats why I think you can do either...

lockportsox
08-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Torn, no need to get snarky at me--surely you can understand, if not sympathize with, my chagrin. It is not so much that I dislike the "only 2" rule (I fully understand that US Cellular field will not magically increase in size for the playoffs). It is that someone who only bought two tickets (or 1, in your case) gets the same deal I did, who bought 5.

I should add that I'm pleased to be able to get any playoff tickets before the public gets its shot. I'm just bummed that three of my loved ones (me included) won't get to go cheer the team.

nevr say dye sox
08-07-2006, 11:22 AM
If we are a full season ticket holder with playoff ticket rights are we gauaranteed our same seats for the playoffs, or will be be moved?

itsnotrequired
08-07-2006, 11:31 AM
If we are a full season ticket holder with playoff ticket rights are we gauaranteed our same seats for the playoffs, or will be be moved?

Some people will be moved as MLB has full control over playoff tickets and will have seats reserved for its representatives, sponsors, other players, etc.

Law11
08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
just faxed in my ticket shhet for the 2 ALCS games..
Still doesnt make much sense to me..

2 ALCS games or 1 ALDS game?...
Whatta u think...

CHIsoxNation
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM

Whatta u think...

I just did the same thing. I was able to pick up 2 games to the ALDS last year through ticketmaster so I'm going to take my chances this year as well.

ewokpelts
08-07-2006, 12:31 PM

thanksback into your account.....

ewokpelts
08-07-2006, 12:33 PM
If we are a full season ticket holder with playoff ticket rights are we gauaranteed our same seats for the playoffs, or will be be moved?if your seats ar ekick ass, or a good spot for ashton kutcher to sit in, then yes....but if you Uppper Deck, expect to sit in the same seats.

ewokpelts
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM

Whatta u think...making it past the first round has been historically tough for the sox(save for last year)....maybe they're hedging thier bets?

Sad
08-07-2006, 12:52 PM

Whatta u think...

I thought that was a bit odd...
really didn't expect any ALCS options but then you buy 2 or none? :?:
I thought they save/reserve more seats the further they get into the playoffs???

whatever...
I sent in my request for the 2 ALDS tickets

BeefyD
08-07-2006, 01:28 PM
I thought this was a typo, and still think it might be. In their haste for getting these out so we can have one week to reply, they might have made a massive error....

However, I have 3 Ozzie plan seats, and the option is only for two. Therefore, I chose the ALCS games, which tickets would be harder (and way more expensive) to get. I can then take one person to game 1, the other to game 2.

We'll take our chances getting tix to the ALDS.

TornLabrum
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I thought this was a typo, and still think it might be. In their haste for getting these out so we can have one week to reply, they might have made a massive error....

However, I have 3 Ozzie plan seats, and the option is only for two. Therefore, I chose the ALCS games, which tickets would be harder (and way more expensive) to get. I can then take one person to game 1, the other to game 2.

We'll take our chances getting tix to the ALDS.

If it had been a typo, it would be rather strange that they calculated the price for you.

salty99
08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
I think somebody would have called the sox by now to clear this up.

itsnotrequired
08-07-2006, 02:39 PM
I think somebody would have called the sox by now to clear this up.

What is there to clear up? The form has spoken...

Scottiehaswheels
08-07-2006, 02:43 PM
What is there to clear up? The form has spoken...Well the form I received had the prices mixed up... The single ALDS game was 320-260 and the 2 ALCS games were 80-100... I changed it on the form before I faxed it in...

Law11
08-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Well the form I received had the prices mixed up... The single ALDS game was 320-260 and the 2 ALCS games were 80-100... I changed it on the form before I faxed it in...

I drew the little arrow switch for the games.
i just get this feeling that we're gonna get screwed...

BeefyD
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM
This is why I think we were probably supposed to get options for (2) ALDS or (1) ALCS, not the other way around.

Scottzilla
08-07-2006, 06:07 PM
maybe the alds are more expensive because they are your regular seats.
for alcs you will be moved up to the nosebleed?

redsand22
08-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I know this is titled Ozzie Plan, but to any Hit and Run ST Holders... have you gotten anything in the mail yet? Just curious and want to cover my bases.

ewokpelts
08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
I know this is titled Ozzie Plan, but to any Hit and Run ST Holders... have you gotten anything in the mail yet? Just curious and want to cover my bases.not yet....

NoNeckEra
08-08-2006, 02:19 PM
This is why I think we were probably supposed to get options for (2) ALDS or (1) ALCS, not the other way around.
Since the 27 game packages offer seats for all ALDS games and only 1 ALCS game, and since there may be up to 4 ALCS games(more availability), I think they were running out of ALDS available seats faster than ALCS.

Plus, as an Ozzie plan holder, if you picked the 2 ALCS game option, they may stick you with games 3 & 4, which may never be played(due to a sweep), even if the Sox get there.

BeefyD
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Since the 27 game packages offer seats for all ALDS games and only 1 ALCS game, and since there may be up to 4 ALCS games(more availability), I think they were running out of ALDS available seats faster than ALCS.

Plus, as an Ozzie plan holder, if you picked the 2 ALCS game option, they may stick you with games 3 & 4, which may never be played(due to a sweep), even if the Sox get there.

That sounds like a legit possibility. Although, for those ALCS games, it specifically states Home Games #1 AND #2.

And trust me, I'm not complaining! At least I can order something! Beats having full season with no playoff option (although I would've made my money back selling tickets, which would've made me happy...)