PDA

View Full Version : If Juan Uribe knew what a strike is, how good could he be ?

White Sox Randy
08-03-2006, 06:59 PM
If Juan paid any attention at all to the strike zone, how good of a hitter could he become. He's on a pace to hit 23 homers and drive in 86 runs.

It just amazes me how many times he gets himself out by swinging at almost anything near the plate. You would think that know one would ever give him anything to hit.

Could he hit .300 with 40 walks one day ? Will he ver develop plate discipline ? Could he hit 30 homeruns if he did ?

Scottzilla
08-03-2006, 07:01 PM
he'd be amazing,
Isnt it common that SS have great hand speed but just can not lay off bad pitches? Maybe just white sox SS are like that.

TheOldRoman
08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Juan knows the strikezone, he just gets overanxious. He gets too excited and starts going after garbage. With him it is all about focus. I said before that Uribe has all the talent in the world, and could become a superstar if he ever achieved his potential. To answer the question, if he learned plate discipline, he could be a .300 hitter with 30 homers.
He needs to start working with Walt Hrniak again. Frank brought Hrniak in late last year, and Uribe flourished after he worked with him. His average was up, and he was taking walks. It is clear now that Walker cannot help Uribe.

gbergman
08-04-2006, 01:50 AM
Juan tries to be like vladamir guerrero to much. Juan you cant hit like him enough

my5thbench
08-05-2006, 11:26 AM
you've got to admit, crazy Juan is pretty fun to watch

TornLabrum
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
If Crazy Juan swung the same way twice, how good would he be?

Taliesinrk
08-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Perhaps I'm the only one that disagrees.. but I'm not sure Juan would benefit all that much (notice I didn't say AT ALL). I think swinging the way he does makes him successful to a certain point. I mean, if Vlad started taking pitches do you think he'd do as well? I think it's all about personality; and to change Juan's is taking him out of his game..

infohawk
08-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Most guys at the point in their career that Juan is at don't suddenly develop more plate discipline. He may make marginal improvements, but I don't expect him to make significant strides. I'm pretty sure that with Juan, what you see is what you can expect going forward. Really, he is a pretty good offensive player but I highly doubt he will ever finish a season with a .300 average. When he's hot, though, the team can ride him for stretches at a time.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-05-2006, 12:50 PM
you've got to admit, crazy Juan is pretty fun to watch

Is that you, Hawk?

I think Juan is the modern Manos. Juan is better defensively of course