PDA

View Full Version : Favorite White Sox commecial

thomas35forever
08-03-2006, 03:25 PM
What's your favorite White Sox commercial of all-time? Mine is Aaron Rowand with the devil.

Baby Fisk
08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
What's your favorite White Sox commercial of all-time? Mine is Aaron Rowand with the devil.
I thought of the exact same one just while looking at your thread title.

ThirdBaseman
08-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I wish I could see more of these. I saw the Konerko one with the angels on YouTube, (had to dig for it though) and I've heard there's a Buehrle one too.

buehrle4cy05
08-03-2006, 06:51 PM
The one a few years back comparing "Us" to "Them".

Scottzilla
08-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I can't remember one in particular but I loved the "good guys wear black" campaign!

PAPChiSox729
08-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Kenny Lofton disco dancing!
:moonwalk:

Chips
08-03-2006, 07:15 PM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

And that commercial sucked in the worst ways a commercial could suck.

"Rowand you're mine, Rowand you're mine" Absolutely horrible.

Thanks alot Mike.

chisoxmike
08-03-2006, 07:17 PM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

And that commercial sucked in the worst ways a commercial could suck.

"Rowand you're mine, Rowand you're mine" Absolutely horrible.

Thanks alot Mike.

Yeah not only did that commerical blow, so did the others ones with Burehle and Shingo on the "L"

Actually, all of the White Sox commericals pre-grinder rule suck, even some of the Grinder Rules ones are horrible. (ie Would you like wasibi or jalepanjo)

WLL1855
08-03-2006, 07:28 PM
The one that sticks in my memory is from a few years ago when Shingo was on the team. It begins with Konerko being interviewed on the steps of the dugout and talking about team chemistry. Shingo wanders into frame and mutters something in Japanese then Paulie says "You left it on the bat rack." or something like that. I thought it was some great dry humor.

Beats the hell out of the stupid Hardees commercial I'm watching now with the guys rubbing some dairy cows. As a former farm kid, I'd love to see one of those guys get what they deserve. A hoof in the nuts.

WikdChiSoxFan
08-03-2006, 07:41 PM
twobyfour and the rest of you know what mine's got to be...

any commercial with the crazy kid going nuts on his dad's shoulders...

he's my hero

so "aircraft" and the new "screaming 9 year old"

StatHead21
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Sandy Alomar, Royce Clayton and Carlos Lee.

BOOM!
BOOM BOOM!
BOOOOOOOOOOM!

Brilliant.

The worst one is the new one with the mom's yelling at the players, thats just annoying.

slobes
08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
The one that sticks in my memory is from a few years ago when Shingo was on the team. It begins with Konerko being interviewed on the steps of the dugout and talking about team chemistry. Shingo wanders into frame and mutters something in Japanese then Paulie says "You left it on the bat rack." or something like that. I thought it was some great dry humor.
That one was AWESOME. I had forgotten about it.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-03-2006, 10:38 PM

That's mine also...awesome...

ws05champs
08-03-2006, 10:43 PM
My favorite was last year when Burehle was on the subway. I thought the actress did such a great job playing a sarcastic valley-girl angel.

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2006, 10:48 PM

That one's a close second; but, my favorite has to be the one from 2001 where Magglio Ordonez was advertizing for Pepsi Half Price Tuesday. It had me laughing every time I saw it.1

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2006, 10:48 PM

That one's a close second; but, my favorite has to be the one from 2001 where Magglio Ordonez was advertizing for Pepsi Half Price Tuesday. It had me laughing every time I saw it.

Frontman
08-03-2006, 11:12 PM

Beats the hell out of the stupid Hardees commercial I'm watching now with the guys rubbing some dairy cows. As a former farm kid, I'd love to see one of those guys get what they deserve. A hoof in the nuts.

That does go down as a fave for me. It was simple and not "over stimulation city" like most of the Grinder rules are.

And what's wrong with the "Mom's yelling" commerical? I do think only one of the Mom's look like, y'know, a Mom (holding the little one and yelling "yay.") The rest look, I don't know how to say it other than to say it, but pretty trashy.

Front

TDog
08-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I think it was 1993 when the Sox had celebrity fans doing commercials. John Astin (Addams Family star and White Sox fan) did his Gomez Addams character with at an electric train set with flat cars carrying baseballs with White Sox logos colliding with a train trailing balls of AL West-team logos and blowing them up.

rowand33
08-04-2006, 12:43 AM
:ozzie
"Miguel Olivo... he's a crazy man!"

ChiSox14305635
08-04-2006, 01:40 AM
There were 2 in '93. The first was "Ozzie and Harriet", with Ozzie dressed like Ward Cleaver playing catch with "Harriet". The 2nd one was Julio Franco trying to sing. :redneck

Good times, good times. :tongue:

MsSoxVixen22
08-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I like the one they were showing recently where Ozzie keeps saying "Again, Again, again, do it again!" I also like the one that said your hitting should serve as a warning to low flying aircraft! :D:

The new one, where it says it's a mother's right to yell at her boys is cute too. :redface:

Mr.1Dog
08-04-2006, 09:51 AM
The old ones are good and I know I will probably get ripped for saying it, but the Chevy commercials with Ozzie in I think are funny. For some reason I can just see that humor being used daily in the dugout with the players and now he is using it trying to sell cars.

MsSoxVixen22
08-04-2006, 09:54 AM
The old ones are good and I know I will probably get ripped for saying it, but the Chevy commercials with Ozzie in I think are funny. For some reason I can just see that humor being used daily in the dugout with the players and now he is using it trying to sell cars.

No you won't! I think those are funny as well. I can't believe I forgot those. "Looks good and gets the job done. You know I'm talking about the car, right?" :D:

BNLSox
08-04-2006, 10:43 AM
If we define Sox commercial as a commercial featuring an individual who is part of the White Sox organization then my favorite of all time would have to be the Konerko ESPN commercial. For those of you who didn't see it Konerko and I believe Hudson (if not he then some other A's pitcher of the time) are sitting in a lounge at ESPN. Konerko says, "You know what's weird? I play for the White Sox but i wear black socks." Hudson says, "That is weird. But you know what's even more strange?"His sight line goes towards the window where a cut reveals Kenny Mayne dancing in some sort of merry go round with college football mascots.It may have been the most ridiculous and hilarious thing I'd ever seen in an ad and Konerko was awesome in it.

slobes
08-04-2006, 11:08 AM
If we define Sox commercial as a commercial featuring an individual who is part of the White Sox organization then my favorite of all time would have to be the Konerko ESPN commercial. For those of you who didn't see it Konerko and I believe Hudson (if not he then some other A's pitcher of the time) are sitting in a lounge at ESPN. Konerko says, "You know what's weird? I play for the White Sox but i wear black socks." Hudson says, "That is weird. But you know what's even more strange?"His sight line goes towards the window where a cut reveals Kenny Mayne dancing in some sort of merry go round with college football mascots.It may have been the most ridiculous and hilarious thing I'd ever seen in an ad and Konerko was awesome in it.

You forgot about the "You know what's weird? It's called a foul pole even though it's in fair territory'. Haha but year, that was a great commercial. I remember how excited I was to see a member of the Sox on an ESPN commercial; we never got any recognition at the time.

MillerSoxFan
08-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Remember the one 4-5 years ago with an Elvis impersonator and Konerko(?) and Josh Paul(?). I might be wrong on the players. Anyway they give Elvis a hot dog and he says, "Thank you mama. Thank you very much," and the players are just staring at him.

southwstchi4life
08-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I liked the good guys were black commercials

RadioheadRocks
08-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Some of the old school commercials were pretty good too. I may have mentioned these before on other posts over the past year or so, but here are some of the more memorable ones:

1974 (back in the day of Channel 44!): Pat Kelly, Bill Melton and Wilbur Wood singing "Switch on, there goes another Chevy!" in the showers/

1974 or 75: Falstaff commercial with Harry Caray and "Holy Cow" the Falstaff mascot (see Dan Helpingstine's South Side Hitmen book for a photograph). Harry asks Holy Cow a White Sox trivia question which he answers, then asks a question where the answer would be "Falstaff Beer" yet "Holy Cow" doesn't know the answer ("I had it on the tip of my horn...").

1979-80: commercial for WBMX FM radio, using the White Sox as a tie-in. Young woman's dialogue went something like this: "If you're looking for hits..." (shot of White Sox player getting a base hit), "we bring 'em to you! BMX FM-103, where you're always..." (shot of White Sox player stealing a base) "... safe. For when you just want to lay back and listen or when you really want to blow it out!" (shot of fireworks from old Comiskey Park scoreboard). "Stay with BMX FM-103, and check out the White Sox" (ends with a shot of the model's sock with a WBMX logo on it).

1984 or 85: Pizza Hut commercial with Richard Dotson and Carlton Fisk (promo tie-in with White Sox placemats)

1987 or 88: WMAQ radio ad, starts off with a well-dressed woman exiting a downtown office building then entering the back of a limousine. The radio plays a Sox game broadcast. A home run call is heard, then the limo screeches to a halt and somehow the woman winds up holding a White Sox cap (with the "script C" logo).

MeteorsSox4367
08-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Just to mention a couple:

1. The "Switch On" Chevy ones from the early 70s. That's when my Dad - bless his heart - introduced his son to his favorite baseball team. Thank you, thank you.

2. The Konerko - Shingo "Batrack" one - As mentioned by a previous poster, just some damn good dry humor.

3. The Ozzie - Chevy ones that are currently running. I especially enjoy the one where Ozzie has this goofy-ass look on his face and the sales rep does a perfect pop-up slide.

4. The Bacardi & Cola ones that ran seemingly all last season. It's like a bad Starsky & Hutch ripoff and the acting is (intentionally, I think) horrible. It's so bad, it's good.

thometo
08-05-2006, 04:18 AM
"Looks good, and gets the job done... Sound like anybody else you know?"

i laugh every time.

qpropaganda
08-05-2006, 07:33 AM
all time favorite has to be the julio franco singing "TO ALL THE BALLS I HIT BEFORE"
I remember him singing "the RBI'S...the sacrifice...to all the balls I hit before" and my mom & I laughing our asses off for like 5 minutes afterwards...

the beauty of the ad was that there was no explanation to it, just all of a sudden you got julio singing & afterwards a phone number for sox tickets...other gems from that campaign included the "captain kirk" mckaskill, "officer" karko, and "the jockey" joey cora...classic stuff

I'd also like to throw in the "burglars" ad and the "falling lumber as consequense" ad from early last year...

mwc44
08-05-2006, 11:39 AM
The one that sticks in my memory is from a few years ago when Shingo was on the team. It begins with Konerko being interviewed on the steps of the dugout and talking about team chemistry. Shingo wanders into frame and mutters something in Japanese then Paulie says "You left it on the bat rack." or something like that. I thought it was some great dry humor....

You beat me to it, but that one gets my vote!

Railsplitter
08-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Ron Kittle's "If you can't be at the game" ejection enshrined in somebody's sig.

KIttle's "A ball, you cross eyed old goat" can only be appreciated in the wooden monotone in which it was delivered.

soxinem1
08-06-2006, 10:21 AM
'Join the sprit, Sox Spirit, Hey Chicago, come join the fun'.

'THE HAWK WANTS YOU!'

soltrain21
08-07-2006, 12:42 AM
batman batman and robin.

BadBobbyJenks
08-07-2006, 01:50 AM

good call here, thats always been one of my favorites