PDA

View Full Version : if this works in NY we will all have it soon enough

Fenway
08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
This is almost too much information to process

In addition to offering fans a full array of constantly updated interactive statistics, box scores, standings and player biographical information for every Yankees game on YES, YES Interactive only on DIRECTV will also boast a unique Bonus Cam feature during YES telecasts of Yankees home games. The split-screen Bonus Cam will enable fans to follow their favorite players like never before via an extra camera angle focusing on select players and situations throughout the game.

http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060725&content_id=1405793&vkey=2

buehrle4cy05
08-03-2006, 02:35 PM
That will give fans many more reasons to boo A-Rod now that they can monitor his every move during a game.

"Oooh! He's picking his nose!!!!!"

salty99
08-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea, but probably too expensive in the long run for all those cameras I would suppose.

Fenway
08-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Sounds like an interesting idea, but probably too expensive in the long run for all those cameras I would suppose.

I dunno, if they can do it in NY which is the most expensive city to do a shoot in......

TheOldRoman
08-03-2006, 04:30 PM
TBS does something simliar for college football. I think it is only on Dish Network, maybe DirecTV also. Basically, the regular game is on TBS, but there are 6-8 different cameras set up throught the stadium, and you can go to a channel and watch that camera for the entire time. For instance, you can watch the entire game from behind one of the endzones. It is a cool feature, but I could see the novelty wearing off quickly.

downstairs
08-03-2006, 05:14 PM

The only expense is the technology to take the feeds to your TV.

The cameras already exist...

TwinKess
08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Nice, I want that!

slobes
08-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Cool idea, but I think it may wear off pretty fast. How many times would it really be worth it to be watching Jeter on a flyout to right field?

Foulke You
08-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, the article did say it would do bonus cam of "in-game coverage of an individual player or situation on the field" so it is possible the user can watch baserunners to see if they are going to steal.

It would be cool if these bonus cameras were on the fly so you can check the "bullpen cam" to see who is warming up, check the "on deck" cam to see who is coming to bat next, etc. I'm not sure if this is going to be that comprehensive though.

KMKsuburbannoise
08-04-2006, 01:12 PM
would be pretty cool to have a cam in the locker room