PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to him

Fenway
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I can almost guarentee that every White Sox fan has bought a hat made by this man. Talk about a work ethic

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/08/03/hats_off_to_him/?p1=MEWell_Pos3

``We sell more caps than anybody in the world," said D'Angelo, who along with his four sons runs Twins Enterprises Inc. ``We probably make 40 million hats a year. We supply every ballpark. We make them for all the major league teams.
``We also have licensing for 200 colleges. Hockey, basketball in Europe, world soccer. I used to have to go to the factory in Canton, China, seven times a year. It's a good, sizable business."

Thome25
08-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I wear acap everyday of my life. I collect New Era mostly but i own a couple from Twins Enterprises. Who knew thaey came from such humble beginnings?

Great story Fenway. Thanks for sharing.

Fenway
08-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I wear acap everyday of my life. I collect New Era mostly but i own a couple from Twins Enterprises. Who knew thaey came from such humble beginnings?

Great story Fenway. Thanks for sharing.

He and his late brother just knew how to hustle. In 1972 when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup in New York, the 2 of them were at the tunnel toll booths selling pennants at $5 a pop to fans heading to the airport to greet the team.

In 1987 he took me into the basement where they had thousands of items saying 1986 World Champions and said "you win some, you lose some" :tongue: