PDA

View Full Version : Would a starter haved dared to say this

caulfield12
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
last year? I don't think so. Despite the unearned run, he still had a 3-2 lead...is it now acceptable for our starters to say we didn't hit unless we score five runs or more? That's a load of ----.

''I made my pitches,'' Garcia said. ''I never really pitch good here, but I threw well. We didn't hit. What can I say?''

I was at the game last night, does anyone out there in White Sox Land actually agree with Freddy and think he threw well?

NDSox12
08-03-2006, 08:27 AM
last year? I don't think so. Despite the unearned run, he still had a 3-2 lead...is it now acceptable for our starters to say we didn't hit unless we score five runs or more? That's a load of ----.

''I made my pitches,'' Garcia said. ''I never really pitch good here, but I threw well. We didn't hit. What can I say?''

I was at the game last night, does anyone out there in White Sox Land actually agree with Freddy and think he threw well?

He threw well to guys not named Teahan. Pretty bold statement for him to make there after giving up 11 hits to the Royals. I guess he was comparing it to previous outings he has had in Kansas City though.

Thome25
08-03-2006, 08:27 AM

That quote by Freddy sounds alot like Jaime Navarro when he was here. He really doesn't want to start that bull****!!

http://images.bidville.com/uploads/2003.06.24/98-PIN-Navarro.jpg

Freddy doesn't want to start whining about the hitting like this ******* did!!

mrwag
08-03-2006, 08:56 AM
What a great way to help clubhouse chemistry - NOT. Definitely not what this team needs right now.

Rdubb4
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Garcia threw well enough to win. If I were him, I too would be pissed off at the comical errors of Podsednik and Uribe. Is Freddy wrong? 3 runs scored, all off the long ball against some freakin scrub the Royals trotted out.

White Sox Randy
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Honestly, I thought Freddy threw pretty well thru 6. With better defense he probably would have thrown so many less pitches that he could have gotten thru the 7th.

The defense bothered me more than the offense tonight. Let's face it. Thome and Konerko were out and Hudson threw pretty well.

They should have had another run early with first and third and one out.

Freddy should have left after 6 leading 3-2 or maybe after 7 without the bad D.

No, he shouldn't have said that but everyone is frustrated now.

Jerko
08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Garcia was also "animated" after a play Gload didn't make, when he (Gload) fielded a slooooooooooooow grounder and didn't throw to Freddy, who may or may not have been to the bag in time anyway. Gload throws that ball I guarantee it would have gotten away from Garcia. Plus, if Freddy is so worried about defense, he could have called out who should have caught that popup that Crede and AJ almost cracked skulls on. Freddy, you haven't won since what, June? **** about others. Oh, any maybe next time don't let the same 2 guys beat you 2 at bats in a row (Mickey Grudzeilanek and Babe Teahan). How many wins do you have Freddy BECAUSE the offense scored 7+ runs? Did they bitch at you? I never heard any hitters say "Damn, that Freddy, we had to score 10 runs to save his ass."

caulfield12
08-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Teahen won the AL Player of the Week last week, and, if you weren't paying attention, lashed a low and outside 97 MPH Thornton offering for what could have set up the game-winning rally the second game of the series. And that was the good ol' lefty on lefty match-up.

The base hit that killed them last night was the one by Shealy, the new 1B they got from the Rockies. It was also his third base hit of the night. They waited two batters too long to take out Garcia...and you knew Garcia was going to implode as soon as Pods made that error in the first...heck, it easily could have been 3-0 after the first.

But anytime you give up 11 hits in less than 7 IP, you're skating on thin ice and really don't deserve to win.

Do you really think Ozzie is going to bench Uribe and Pods for more than a game or two?

Thome25
08-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Garcia threw well enough to win. If I were him, I too would be pissed off at the comical errors of Podsednik and Uribe. Is Freddy wrong? 3 runs scored, all off the long ball against some freakin scrub the Royals trotted out.

He pitched well enough huh? 4 runs and 11 freaking hits against the ****ing Royals and that qualifies as pitching well enough?

His throwing tantrums on the mound and now his big fat mouth is getting old. We don't need a Zambrano on this team. I hope he's the one that gets traded in the offseason along with Vazquez.

caulfield12
08-03-2006, 09:12 AM
And Ross saved his butt another time with a diving stop right in front of me that Konerko might not have made...

Bottom line, you have a 3-2 lead over the Royals and you have to figure out a way to hold it, with Konerko/Thome or without.

I guess this is negative to point out and I should be pleased with Garcia's effort, but can a true White Sox fan turn his back and be a "Hawk" every time (making up excuses...umpires, conditions, Mariotti, conspiracies by umpires, Yankees/Red Sox/ESPN bias) when the starting pitchers utter comments that sound as if they came directly out of the mouth of Navarro/Colon? Well, we won the series and we didn't have Konerko and Thome and Hudson pitched well...yadda, yadda, yadda. Does everyone think that we should be happy and only type pleasant platitudes?

Should we just be satisfied with his effort when he hasn't won since June and he makes a flippant comment like that? Why is it that as fans we feel that we want the team to win more than some of the players do (at times)?

Rdubb4
08-03-2006, 09:15 AM
He pitched well enough huh? 4 runs and 11 freaking hits against the ****ing Royals and that qualifies as pitching well enough?

His throwing tantrums on the mound and now his big fat mouth is getting old. We don't need a Zambrano on this team. I hope he's the one that gets traded in the offseason along with Vazquez.

One quote to the media and suddenly Garcia is Zambrano? Give me a break. Overreact a little? The offense had 3 runs against a AAAA pitcher. Dont tell me about PK and Thome being out because other teams like the Yanks have had players like Matsui and Sheffeild out for the majority of the year and are in first place.

KMKsuburbannoise
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
I think comments like that should get you benched for the next start. Put McCarthy in his spot the next time. He is pitching for a Major League Defending World Champion baseball team and he says stuff like that. he is getting paid millions to pitch and he says things like that.

He is not the coach and has no right to judge the rest of the team like that.

MushMouth
08-03-2006, 09:17 AM
One quote to the media and suddenly Garcia is Zambrano? Give me a break. Overreact a little? The offense had 3 runs against a AAAA pitcher. Dont tell me about PK and Thome being out because other teams like the Yanks have had players like Matsui and Sheffeild out for the majority of the year and are in first place.

We can't continue to blame the offense when they don't score 8 runs. Occasionally, it'd be nice to have a pitching performance where we actually did win a 3-2 game, at least ONCE would be nice. Offense has carried us all year, it's time the Pitching proved they were worthy of their hefty paychecks.

Rdubb4
08-03-2006, 09:19 AM
We can't continue to blame the offense when they don't score 8 runs. Occasionally, it'd be nice to have a pitching performance where we actually did win a 3-2 game, at least ONCE would be nice. Offense has carried us all year, it's time the Pitching proved they were worthy of their hefty paychecks.

I agree we have got to start winning the close ones, but this is the Royals we are talking about, one of the worst teams in baseball. There is no excuse for not scoring more than 3 runs.

caulfield12
08-03-2006, 09:21 AM
You're defeating your own point....if they are truly the scrubs which you say they are, then shouldn't Freddy Garcia be able to get them out despite his defense?

How many times have you seen Garcia get key strikeouts this year when he's really needed them like he did in the playoffs last year?

caulfield12
08-03-2006, 09:24 AM

Don't forget Cano. They've done it with Bernie, Andy Phillips, Miguel Cairo, Aaron Guiel and Melky Cabrera and less starting pitching than we have. They had Sidney Ponson as their fifth starter.

Garcia also showed up Mackowiak by making gestures on the mound after a ball fell in front of him that PROBABLY would have been caught by Anderson...and Vazquez keeps throwing his arms up and crying "woe is me" whenever something goes wrong now in the 6th...I think it was after the Gibbons homer.

Thome25
08-03-2006, 09:25 AM

No this isn't overreacting. Garcia has been acting like an ******* for a little while now and to me, it's starting to get old.

We're in a tough wildcard race right now and we don't need a Zambrano/Navarro/Colon type of pitcher coming out of the woodwork and hurting this team's chemistry and morale.

Ozzie needs to pull Garcia aside and tell him he's pitching like **** and make sure that he NEVER questions his teammates again.

The Immigrant
08-03-2006, 09:25 AM
I agree we have got to start winning the close ones, but this is the Royals we are talking about, one of the worst teams in baseball.

Um, so it's the offense's fault that our pitching allowed "one of the worst teams in baseball" to put up 7 runs on us? Their young pitcher had pretty good stuff last night, and even the best offense can be tamed from time to time. The onus was on Freddy to keep the lead the offense gave him early in the ballgame, and he couldn't do it. All of his runs after the first inning were earned. He should shut the **** up and do better the next time.

Jerko
08-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, people are saying how great Teahen has been latley, so I'll go the other way. Hudson I think has won his last 3 or 4 starts. That's not an easy task pitching for the Royals. So, yes, the offense could have done better, but so could Freddy. It's like these pitchers don't bear down or something. They get to 2 strikes on a batter, boom, homer. They get runs scored for them, boom, other team gets em right back. Winning 2 of 3 is fine if you do it all year, but right now they are one game out of the playoffs, 8.5 games out of the division lead, so 2 out of 3 may not be enough to get it done. Let's see how many games Minnesota loses this weekend (they're playing KC).

Steelrod
08-03-2006, 09:28 AM
No this isn't overreacting. Garcia has been acting like an ******* for a little while now and to me, it's starting to get old.

We're in a tough wildcard race right now and we don't need a Zambrano/Navarro/Colon type of pitcher coming out of the woodwork and hurting this team's chemistry and morale.

Ozzie needs to pull Garcia aside and tell him he's pitching like **** and make sure that he NEVER questions his teammates again.
Agree. There is no room in this clubhouse for players who start sentences with "I".

Lip Man 1
08-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I've been concerned about some of Freddy's "antics" this entire season. The body language he shows from time to time on the mound shows he's getting frustrated over the way things have been happening.

Teahan's wind blown home run is just the latest example of the little things and bounces that haven't gone the Sox way this season but Garcia isn't helping matters when he stomps around and throws up his hands like a little leaguer.

Lip

Dan H
08-03-2006, 09:50 AM

I don't care if he threw well or not. I am sick of Garcia. His 10 wins are deceiving, and his big game reputation is overstated. He has stunk the last two months. It's time for him to stop the tantrums, shut up and pitch. Like we used to say in a little league, "we want a pitcher, not a glass of water."

Mickster
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Like we used to say in a little league, "we want a pitcher, not a glass of water."

Funny, I seem to remember the quote as being "we want a pitcher, not a belly itcher"

caulfield12
08-03-2006, 10:03 AM
The wind was blowing across the outfield from right to left for the first eight innings. It MIGHT have knocked down Joe's ball to RCF, but Teahen's definitely had plenty of distance and was kept fair, but certainly not pushed out by the wind.

It didn't have any effect on the homers hit by Uribe and Dye because they were liners, but Teahen's had lots of air...it just kept going and going.

Then, in the 8th, the winds changed dramatically in the other direction...if Crede was able to bat without wrappers flying everywhere, he probably would have been able to come through. I don't know how Dye managed to get a hit, to tell you the truth.

Paulwny
08-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Garcia and Vazquez now looking for players to point a finger at instead of taking some heat, not a good sign.

hold2dibber
08-03-2006, 10:13 AM
It never fails to amaze me how people can get in such a frenzy and over react to what are really inconsequential comments by a player. Freddy probably shouldn't have said what he said, but he's frustrated after the game and makes one flip comments and people want to sit him, trade him, and/or sentence him to 20 years of hard time. Give me a break. I can tell you that if I'm playing on his team and Freddy spouts off, I wouldn't even give it a second thought, and I suspect that his teammates will have just that reaction (unless/until the mediots get in a frenzy like many of you are and make the mole hill into a mountain).

With that said, Ozzie should sit Freddy down and tell him to cut the antics and focus on his own performance.

"wrong" sox fan
08-03-2006, 10:25 AM
wow, God help you guys if you ever have a real pain in the butt when it comes to the media.

My take, a pretty good MLB pitcher felt that he pitched well enough to give his team a chance to win and they didn't. He felt as if he hit his spots but the Royals hit them. The offense didn't have a great game and they lost.

What would you all do if he said "I gotta tip my cap to daddy," this is hardly a big deal.

KMKsuburbannoise
08-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I think this is a lot worse than just about anything Ozzie has said over the past few months. Atleast Ozzie always defends his team when he makes his over the top comments.

kobo
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
At this point I am more pissed off with Pods and Uribe than some comment Freddy made. I am tired of watching the Sox not hustle and not play hard every play, every game. Who really cares what Freddy said? If the team does not start playing like a team and living up to their potential then it really won't matter what the players say. People have been talking about how the starting pitching has not had many quality starts lately, well, Freddy had a quality start last night and once again all the Sox could do to score runs was hit homeruns.

Jerko
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
"Gotta tip my cap to daddy" IMO was Pedro admitting that the Yankees usually rough him up. To me that's nowhere near as bad as gesticulating uncontrollably and showing up your teammates every time an error is made, especially when 2 pages have been torn off the calendar since Garcia's last win.

thepaulbowski
08-03-2006, 10:34 AM
People are making a mountain out of ant hill here. Only four people got hits last night and Freddy did pitch fairly well. He didn't say "I pitched well enough to win, but the offense didn't do this job."

Thome25
08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
wow, God help you guys if you ever have a real pain in the butt when it comes to the media.

My take, a pretty good MLB pitcher felt that he pitched well enough to give his team a chance to win and they didn't. He felt as if he hit his spots but the Royals hit them. The offense didn't have a great game and they lost.

What would you all do if he said "I gotta tip my cap to daddy," this is hardly a big deal.

Do us all a favor and go back to one of your Red Sawx message boards. We are open to talking baseball but don't come onto a White Sox message board and critique White Sox fans.

If you know about anything outside of Wrong Sawx Nation, You would know that we have had our fair share of pain in the butt players over the years.

Go to wikipedia and see Carl Everett, Albert Belle, Tony Phillips and Jamie Navarro and enlighten yourself to things outside New England baseball.

Looks like Garcia is trying to put himself in their category.

The Immigrant
08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
He didn't say "I pitched well enough to win, but the offense didn't do this job."

:?:

No, that's exactly what he said:

He's putting this loss on the offense - I don't see how you can interpret his statement any other way.

Deuce
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I am not arguing that the statement is untrue, because it isn't. However, the statement should not have been said. If you are not going to say something that helps improve your team's chances of winning, then you shouldn't be saying anything at all. This statement does nothing to improve the camaraderie of the team. That is not what we need right now.

How about a little perspective, Freddie? Could the offense have complained throughout the year that your pitching was costing them a lot of wins, or that they had to push harder to carry your ass to a win? Sure, but they didn't. Now, the tables are turned and what do you do? You take a shot at the offense. Real classy.

Deuce

Thome25
08-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I am not arguing that the statement is untrue, because it isn't. However, the statement should not have been said. If you are not going to say something that helps improve your team's chances of winning, then you shouldn't be saying anything at all. This statement does nothing to improve the camaraderie of the team. That is not what we need right now.

How about a little perspective, Freddie? Could the offense have complained throughout the year that your pitching was costing them a lot of wins, or that they had to push harder to carry your ass to a win? Sure, but they didn't. Now, the tables are turned and what do you do? You take a shot at the offense. Real classy.

Deuce

That's a GREAT point. You didn't hear the hitters complaining about the pitchers getting their asses handed to them. So that doesn't give Garcia the right to say anything about the offense.

FedEx227
08-03-2006, 11:20 AM
To the people that keep saying Luke Hudson is some no-name scrub... you're wrong.

The man is no more then 2-3 years removed from being the Red's prized prospect. A ton of arm troubles and weird injuries has prevented him from reaching his full potential right away, but he's anything but a scrub.

batmanZoSo
08-03-2006, 11:21 AM
To the people that keep saying Luke Hudson is some no-name scrub... you're wrong.

The man is no more then 2-3 years removed from being the Red's prized prospect. A ton of arm troubles and weird injuries has prevented him from reaching his full potential right away, but he's anything but a scrub.

And coming into the game he had a lower ERA than Garcia, whom we all expected to dominate. That plus no Thome and Konerko and we lose.

Dan Mega
08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Garcia as always struck me as a "don't blame me" kind of guy. Whatever.

hold2dibber
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Do us all a favor and go back to one of your Red Sawx message boards. We are open to talking baseball but don't come onto a White Sox message board and critique White Sox fans.

If you know about anything outside of Wrong Sawx Nation, You would know that we have had our fair share of pain in the butt players over the years.

Go to wikipedia and see Carl Everett, Albert Belle, Tony Phillips and Jamie Navarro and enlighten yourself to things outside New England baseball.

Looks like Garcia is trying to put himself in their category.

Jeez, did somebody pee in your corn flakes this morning? Don't be so prickly and thin skinned. He didn't say anything several other "right" sox fans have said in this same thread.

"Wrong" sox fan - don't listen. You didn't say anything offensive and some of us appreciate fans of other teams on this board.

JB98
08-03-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't have any sympathy for anyone on our pitching staff. This offense has been carrying these underachieving pitchers all season. We're 20 games over .500 because Dye and Crede are having career years, Thome is Comeback Player of the Year and Konerko, AJ and Iguchi have been their usual solid selves. We're supposed to be winning with pitching, but we're not.

Memo to the entire starting staff: Why don't you guys step up and win a 3-2 game for a change? We should not have to score six runs or more every day in order to have a chance to win.

kitekrazy
08-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Garcia and Vazquez now looking for players to point a finger at instead of taking some heat, not a good sign.

I hope they are not getting like that Northside team after the famous "Bartman season". Maybe being "World Champs" has gone to their head.

Soxfanspcu11
08-03-2006, 12:19 PM
If I were him, I too would be pissed off at the comical errors of Podsednik and Uribe.

Your right, he did throw well enough to win, but "well enough" just doesn't cut it.

If he is pissed at the errors by Pods and Uribe, then that is just ridiculous. Good pitchers pick up their teamates. It's not like Uribe said to himself, "I must hotdog it and drop this flyball so that I make it tougher on Freddy". Errors are a part of the game, and a good team will overcome that. In the case of Uribe, Freddy did indeed pick him up, which was nice to see.

However, for Freddy to start calling out the offense for not coming through is complete bull****!

Hey Freddy! Guess what? You gave up an early 1-0 lead, then JD bailed you out! All you had to do was pitch effectively and not allow the go-ahead run to score, but you couldn't do it.

As someone else in this thread stated, the last thing that this team needs right now is to have ANY kind of dissent occuring in the clubhouse.

Are we suppossed to feel bad for Freddy because he pitched a so-so game, and his offense didn't show up?? What a bunch of bull****! There have been a few times this season where Freddy gave up a boat load of runs, and his offense just could not keep up with the disaster that he was throwing. Would it have been okay then for JD or Konerko or Thome to publically say, "Well, we scored as much as we could, but our starting pitcher was having too much fun giving up runs." You would NEVER hear anyone say something like this, because everyone realizes this is a team game and you need to stick and stay together.

I really do love Freddy, but ***?!?!?!?! This comment by him really pissed me off!:angry: Now I have to go back to work thinking about this moronic statement by Freddy. ****!:angry:

peelwonder
08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Not to shift gears but I don't understand the whole Ozzie leaving Freddy out there for the 7th...the day before he lifes Mark after the 6th and yet leaves Freddy out for the seventh...

makes no sense to me...on top of that in respective games Mark had pitched better than Freddy through 6.......

JUribe1989
08-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Freddy's been bitching all year and I'm sick of it. He called out teammates after pitching like **** in the Boston series. Any pitcher could go out and pitch better than Freddy did yesterday. It's thet ****ing Royals!!! I'm sick of Freddy's attitude.

"wrong" sox fan
08-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Jeez, did somebody pee in your corn flakes this morning? Don't be so prickly and thin skinned. He didn't say anything several other "right" sox fans have said in this same thread.

"Wrong" sox fan - don't listen. You didn't say anything offensive and some of us appreciate fans of other teams on this board.

Thanks and the point I was trying to make was that this wasn't that big a deal.

As for the other post, of course I know the white sox have had players who have been bad with the media, in recent years it's not been the norm to hear stuff from their clubhouse, if "we didn't hit tonight" is the worst thing you hear comming from a player during the season county yourself lucky.

Come to think of it, in the past 3 years I can only think of 3-4 instances were a white sox player/manager popped off to the media.

Thomas as he left (but that got cleared up)
Ozzie Guillen (two or three silly comments have gotten him in hotish water)
and now Gacia.

I envy that.

nevr say dye sox
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Fed Ex 227 he had a 3-3 record coming into the game, nobody else wanted this guy, he signed a FA contract in March with KC. KC will sign anybody to fill their roster, especially pitching. Hudson looked better last night than any of our pitchers this year. But I wouldn't say he's good.

wxkid23
08-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Freddy needs to shut it and worry about himself. He is not near the same pitcher he used to be. I watched a guy last night who struggled to get his fastball over 90mph and for most of the game was in the 86-88mph range. This is coming from a guy who threw 95 and had good "stuff" coming over from the Mariners. His location is simply not good enough to make up for his lack of any fastball and his off-speed stuff isn't good enough to carry him. I cringe anytime he throws his 88mph fastball over the plate. I honestly wish we would have traded Garcia at the deadline, with no fastball I have little hope he is ever going to be very effective again. Unless he comes back with a respectable fastball in the future, I am forced to call him "Finess Freddy" ... and Finess Freddy is not very good.

White Sox Randy
08-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Our 5 starting pitchers:

Buehrle - great attitude, always gives his best, WILL turn it around this year - just hit a slump

Contreras - still excellent, just not lights out like he was for awhile. He'll be ok the rest oof the year as well

Garland - was pitching very well, he had the flu last time out - give him the benefit. He should be fine the rest of the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garcia - not the same pitcher this year that he has been but if he busts his hump and sucks it up can still be effective "enough" for us the rest of the way . GONE AFTER THIS YEAR (almost sure )

Vazquez - still an enigma to himself, Cooper, his mother, everybody. The guy can't figure it out. Either the light bulb comes on like Contreras and he's great or he's a 4th or 5th starter. Doubtful that he "gets it" before the season ends but THIS COULD BE WHERE OUR SEASON HINGES. Will he be back next year ?

I want to say that our starters will be good enough to get us into the playoffs BUT that's only if the bullpen, defense and offense all do their parts because the starters cannot "carry" the team, the team has to "carry"the starters this year.

I'm not worried about the offense. They'll get the job done most nights. I am concerned about the bullpen - not sure that anything can be done at this point. That's Cooper'sjob.

The defense has been weak and must improve. We may want to play Mackowiack in left more and keep BA in center. I thought Gload was a superior firstbaseman but he hasn't shown it lately.

vegyrex
08-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Freddie's attitude is beginning to look more and more like Jamie Navarro. That's scary!!

Ol' No. 2
08-03-2006, 03:02 PM

DeuceI'll argue that the statement is untrue.

6.2 IP, 11 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 101 pitches/62 strikes

That is not my idea of a good game. Just shut up and throw more fastballs, Freddy. They're nailing your junk.

Sox-o-matic
08-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't know why there's all this crap being said about having to always score more than three runs against the Royals. Even horrible teams are allowed to have some decent payers, or at least a few capable of having a solid outing every once in a while. Face it, Hudson looked good out there last night. He went after hitters and located, and that's EXACTLY what our starting pitchers minus Garland and Contreras have been failing to do over the last two months or so.

Freddy got beat. He did pitch well all things considered (the errors, the short little wuss homerun getting pushed by the wind, etc.) but he still gave up a lot of hits, and he still didn't pitch well enough to win. I've defended before, but this is crap. I don't remeber any one of our offensive players calling out anyone on the pitching side, despite the fact that the pitching is the sole reason the Sox are where they are in the standings. I mean seriously, how many games have the offense faled to show up for this season? 10? 12 maybe? How many games have either the starters or bullpen crapped themseves on the field? **** Freddy, you should be kissing their ***es.

santo=dorf
08-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Freddy must be high, but I can sorta, kinda, understand where he's coming from.

The lineup absolutely sucked without Thome AND Konerko, and why didn't "Mr. Matchup" Ozzie Guillen play Mack against the RHP?

Pods should've made that catch. No runs in the inning.

Freddy made a high-inside pitch to a guy who was absolutely killing us, and wind kept it fair around that stupid wannabe Pesky's pole.

Ozzie completely mismanaged the 7th inning. Why warm up the bullpen if you're not going to use them? Why pitch to Teahan, yet walk Shane Costa to face a guy who got on base in all 3 previous at-bats?

I really wish Ozzie would address this, and tell Garcia to STHU.

dickallen15
08-03-2006, 08:08 PM
It would be nice if one of the starters from the greatest rotation ever assembled picked up the offense on an off-night. The White Sox are 5-26 this season when scoring 3 runs or less. Obviously you will have a losing record scoring 3 or less, but only 5 wins in August is not very good. Last season, they had 5 such wins in April alone.

dickallen15
08-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Freddie's attitude is beginning to look more and more like Jamie Navarro. That's scary!!

So is his ERA

Sox-o-matic
08-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Ozzie completely mismanaged the 7th inning. Why warm up the bullpen if you're not going to use them? Why pitch to Teahan, yet walk Shane Costa to face a guy who got on base in all 3 previous at-bats?

I agree. Besides what you just said, Ozzie has been using the bullpen in a really weird way lately. Sometimes he'll bring in a guy (like Riske for instance) and he'll pitch 2/3 or a full scoreless inning, but then he'll bring the same guy back in to start off the next inning. Then, he doesn't pull the pitcher until he gets in deep trouble (2 runners on usually) and then he'll bring in someone who has been struggling to keep inherited runners from scoring, usually Cotts.

I think Freddy's just frustrated like I'm sure the whole team is because everyone on it has to know they are much, much better than they have played all year, but he still needs to look in the mirror. I don't know if you can blame the offense for even a dozen games so far this year, while Freddy has given up five or more earned runs 6 times by himself.