PDA

View Full Version : i missed stick figure!

mike squires
02-18-2002, 10:32 PM
while calling to find out about a band on saturday they announced jack mcdowell's band stick figure on in champaign on friday!!! i missed it. a nice autograph would have been the price of the cover alone!!! it would have been nice to see it. i remember he used to pitch poorly on the days he used to perform. anybody by chance see him play? i'm sure he would be in chicago soon if he played in champaign. michael penny

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 10:39 PM
Don't sit next to him in a bar. He tends to get mouthy and ends up getting his ass kicked.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Don't sit next to him in a bar. He tends to get mouthy and ends up getting his ass kicked.
:gulp:
I can see that!
:gulp:

FarmerAndy
02-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
. anybody by chance see him play? i'm sure he would be in chicago soon if he played in champaign. michael penny

I've never seen Jack's band, but AM 1000 had him on a few weeks ago and they played some stuff off his CD. I didn't care for it too much.

He's not the only former Sox pitcher with a band. I saw Scott Radinsky's band, Pulley, at the House of Blues last fall. They were really good. He's still pitching too. I think he just re-signed with the Indians.

Soxboyrob
02-19-2002, 12:24 PM
I saw McDowell's band in Champaign in the early-mid 90's and Radinsky was playing drums for them at that time. I forget the name of the group but it was a one word name. They were pretty bad and had a very forgettable sound. McDowell wouldn't sign anything sports related after the show, as I guess he was in his rock star mode and would only sign CD's and band-related items. Radinsky was cool and ended up chatting after the show w/ all of us goofy guys in Sox jackets. McDowell avoided the Sox jacket crowd like the plague.