PDA

View Full Version : McNeil keeps saying Joe Crede is gone

hawkjt
08-02-2006, 06:32 PM
after 07 today on MJ&H.

I thought Joe was arbitration eligible in 07 and 08 and thus the sox still control him til 09. Am I wrong?

enurb
08-02-2006, 06:36 PM
You are right - at least, that's what was reported on the radio today. We "control him" for 2 more years.

McNeil should be focusing on the task at hand rather than next year - must've been a slow sports day.

Timmy D's
08-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Dan also dedicated a whole show to naming our choke season last year before the game 2 ALCS game, and all the Cub fansd and Jurko were rejoicing in it. He officially gave up on Sox. I just recently started listening again in moderation. I wouldnt give to much concern to what old snow blower Dan says.:mad:

MarySwiss
08-02-2006, 06:40 PM
after 07 today on MJ&H.

I thought Joe was arbitration eligible in 07 and 08 and thus the sox still control him til 09. Am I wrong?

Consider the source.

stacksedwards
08-02-2006, 06:41 PM
If Danny Mac says it , it must be true.

Sox Fan 35
08-02-2006, 06:52 PM
WSCR said we have control of him through at least next year.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-02-2006, 06:54 PM
If Danny Mac says it , it must be true.

:tealtutor:

Chisox003
08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
See: JJav's sig.

I doubt Joe's going anywhere. Why listen to that garbage?

LongLiveFisk
08-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Dan also dedicated a whole show to naming our choke season last year before the game 2 ALCS game, and all the Cub fansd and Jurko were rejoicing in it. He officially gave up on Sox. I just recently started listening again in moderation. I wouldnt give to much concern to what old snow blower Dan says.:mad:

Those clowns can "rejoice" all they want. There's no erasing 2005, suckers! :bandance:

Brian26
08-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Just in time for Bears training camp.

TornLabrum
08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Now I know why I listen to Steve Dahl in the afternoon when I have the radio on.

The Critic
08-03-2006, 06:50 AM
I've actually begun to listen to Boers & Bernstein a little bit on my way home, when I don't have my iPod with me. (Sometimes I just prefer to listen to the radio - even my own music collection bores me sometimes :D: )

I don't think I'll ever become a regular B&B listener, but it's a nice break from Mac Jurko & Harry. Those guys are wearing on me.

Steelrod
08-03-2006, 07:29 AM
If he holds Joe out in the market til the end as is his usual practice, the Sox will have little choice but to look elsewhere.

SoxFan78
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
This is also the guy who said that the Iguchi play this year was one of the most overrated plays ever.

This is also the guy who said that the White Sox were gonna fire Nancy Faust.

If he is giving up on the Sox, then the team should take his season tickets away for being a idiot. Get off the ****ing bandwagon and get another suspension, *******.

PatK
08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
McNeil years ago said Jim Cummins on the Blackhawks was going to be the next Cam Neely.

For those of you that know the NHL and how stupid that was, it was the moment I realized that he has little credibility whatsoever.

Thome25
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Crede says he wants to stay in this article. 'Nuff said.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/021sd2.htm

Good read for those of you who haven't seen it.

TornLabrum
08-03-2006, 09:23 AM
This is also the guy who said that the Iguchi play this year was one of the most overrated plays ever.

This is also the guy who said that the White Sox were gonna fire Nancy Faust.

If he is giving up on the Sox, then the team should take his season tickets away for being a idiot. Get off the ****ing bandwagon and get another suspension, *******.

It was Jurko who said the Sox were going to fire Nancy Faust, Cubs loving troll that he is.

SoxFan78
08-03-2006, 09:32 AM
It was Jurko who said the Sox were going to fire Nancy Faust, Cubs loving troll that he is.

Oops sorry, thanks for clearing that up.

DumpJerry
08-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Crede says he wants to stay in this article. 'Nuff said.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/021sd2.htm

Good read for those of you who haven't seen it.
Sounds like Borass is planning on working something out with the Yankees in the off-season.

Seriously, if someone has Borass' email address, forward this article to him. He'll fire Crede as a client for undercutting him!

TDog
08-03-2006, 12:23 PM
So apparently now people are complaining that sports radio in Chicago Is talking about the Sox.

miker
08-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Those clowns can "rejoice" all they want. There's no erasing 2005, suckers! :bandance:
They turned on the White Sox the second the games were no longer on their station. Their opinions are as inane as they are relevant.

SOXSINCE'70
08-03-2006, 05:07 PM
And people still want to know why they should have
a satellite radio in their car.:angry: :angry:

chaerulez
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
You become a FA after six years of service. In years where you aren't on the team for long I think they count the days you were on the roster and that gets factored in (which is why even though Crede will have only played five full seasons after 07, he will become a FA). He is arbitration eligible, what the Sox should do is what the Indians have done with their young players, give them more than they would make through arbitration now so they can be locked up longer.

Save McCuddy's
08-03-2006, 10:00 PM
We will keep Joe.

Ol' No. 2
08-03-2006, 10:05 PM
You become a FA after six years of service. In years where you aren't on the team for long I think they count the days you were on the roster and that gets factored in (which is why even though Crede will have only played five full seasons after 07, he will become a FA). He is arbitration eligible, what the Sox should do is what the Indians have done with their young players, give them more than they would make through arbitration now so they can be locked up longer.I'm pretty sure the only reason they didn't do that last winter is because they were concerned about his back. And to be honest, post-season heroics notwithstanding, he'd only put together a few good months last season. He wasn't that far removed from a .239 season and didn't do much better than that until Sepember. I'd bet they'll offer him a multi-year deal this off-season.

NoShoesJoe
08-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I've actually begun to listen to Boers & Bernstein a little bit on my way home, when I don't have my iPod with me. (Sometimes I just prefer to listen to the radio - even my own music collection bores me sometimes :D: )

I don't think I'll ever become a regular B&B listener, but it's a nice break from Mac Jurko & Harry. Those guys are wearing on me.

God, is there anyone more obnoxious than Boers & Bernstein? OK, other than Harry, Mac, and Jerko?

SOXPHILE
08-04-2006, 10:46 PM
O.K. Danny boy, you bloated, pink faced balloon. :rolleyes: Why don't you step away from the microphone for a bit, and head back to the buffet table, eh ? Leave the baseball talk (make that football, basketball and hockey talk too) to someone who knows just a wee bit more, o.k. ? You and your partners- the failed stand up comic Cub fan, and the brain damaged dumb jock, are pretty embarrassing.

kwolf68
08-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Who is this clown? Crede will be our starting 3rd baseman next year, bar none...That is a fact. He may get away from us in a couple years, but he will be in Chicago next year.