PDA

View Full Version : Metrodome?

Domeshot17
08-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Going up to minnesota for the sox twins series for my girlfriends birthday. We got tickets in the home run porch. Anyone been there or sat in the HR porch? How is it?

StatHead21
08-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Its the worst stadium in the history of this world, no joke.

Timmy D's
08-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Bring some duct tape, and "NOOOOOOO SMMMMMOOOKING" Seriously, I havent been to all the parks, but been to about 14, and Minny was 2nd worse only to Tropicana in St. Pete. I was absolutely amazed a profesional athlete would risk their career playin on that. I was sittin front row, and could see 1- 1 3/4" gaps in the turf, and differences in the level of the field where they kinda laid a section in. There was a spot w/in view that you could see they had literally sewn the turf together w/, looked like a scar on Frankensteins face type of thing. It looks like a cheap carnival set up that comes to your town, then packs up and moves to the next neighborood a week later.

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Bring some duct tape, and "NOOOOOOO SMMMMMOOOKING" Seriously, I havent been to all the parks, but been to about 14, and Minny was 2nd worse only to Tropicana in St. Pete. I was absolutely amazed a profesional athlete would risk their career playin on that. I was sittin front row, and could see 1- 1 3/4" gaps in the turf, and differences in the level of the field where they kinda laid a section in. There was a spot w/in view that you could see they had literally sewn the turf together w/, looked like a scar on Frankensteins face type of thing. It looks like a cheap carnival set up that comes to your town, then packs up and moves to the next neighborood a week later.The place sucks for watching baseball, but the old, worn out turf has been gone for a couple of years now.

Timmy D's
08-02-2006, 10:32 PM
The place sucks for watching baseball, but the old, worn out turf has been gone for a couple of years now.

Glad to hear that Nellie. It was about 5 years ago I was there. It was just BAD!!

Nellie_Fox
08-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Glad to hear that Nellie. It was about 5 years ago I was there. It was just BAD!!They went to the artificial turf that has the ground up tires down in between the blades to provide cushioning. I think it's called "field turf" but it may be just a similar competitor; I remember that there were a couple of companies bidding similar products.

When the Sox play there in a couple of weeks, watch when the ball hits the ground in the outfield. It looks like a little "splash" happens when the ground rubber gets kicked up.

Kub_Killer_15
08-03-2006, 02:19 AM
I will be there first time and probly last:cool: Had diffculty finding seats but the best i could do is Section 217 row 4 on the 19th. I will be going with 2 Twins fans(cousins) so Im hoping for a twinkie killing! Maybe a couple beers will make that place look better but Im to young...LOL only 15.

Chez
08-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Nothing quite like heading indoors to watch a ballgame when it's 80 degrees and sunny outside. The Hump Dome is the second lousiest park I've ever been to. I thought Seattle's Kingdome was even worse.

thomas35forever
08-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I was there a month-and-a-half ago and the place looks hollow when you look at the roof. David Ortiz hit the speakers I think twice on balls that would've been a home run anywhere else. Seriously, it's great that the Twinkies are getting a new ballpark in a few years. The Jumbotron there sucks too.

CallMeNuts
08-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Bring some duct tape, and "NOOOOOOO SMMMMMOOOKING" Seriously, I havent been to all the parks, but been to about 14, and Minny was 2nd worse only to Tropicana in St. Pete. . . .

I was in TB last week and Minnie last September. I think they did a pretty nice job on the remodelling in Tropicana. Had lunch in the Batter's Eye resteraunt in CF. My kids got to play with the Sting Rays in the tank near center. FREE PARKING at an MLB game. So my rankings now have:
28) Tropicana, 29) Metrodome, 30) Shea.

There is no excuse for Shea in NYC.

C-Dawg
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Going up to minnesota for the sox twins series for my girlfriends birthday. We got tickets in the home run porch. Anyone been there or sat in the HR porch? How is it?

By "Home Run Porch", do you mean the upper deck up there by the curtains with the retired numbers on it? Just picture the UD at the Cell, but way out in the outfield...

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9669/porchtg7.jpg

I wonder how many home run balls they find behind the seats, when they fold down all those bleachers in RF before the first Vikings game...

Luke
08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
They went to the artificial turf that has the ground up tires down in between the blades to provide cushioning. I think it's called "field turf" but it may be just a similar competitor; I remember that there were a couple of companies bidding similar products.

When the Sox play there in a couple of weeks, watch when the ball hits the ground in the outfield. It looks like a little "splash" happens when the ground rubber gets kicked up.

I'm pretty sure it's Field Turf. I think they had a section on their website about the Hump Dome.

It plays much better than turf, but is still a far cry from natural grass. The first time I saw a game played on it, I thought the field was wet from the "splash" when the ball hit down.

NowBatting19
08-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I was there last weekend for the Twins / Tigers game. I sat straight up behind home plate....upper deck and about 26 rows up. I took pictures of the roof "baggy" just to make fun of my friend that's a Twins fan. Oh, and the Milk jug too! I would be depressed if I had to watch my team there all season, but it was cool just to see another stadium. Open air is the best.