PDA

View Full Version : Twins/Rangers Game(s)

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
7-0 Texas in the bottom of the 4th.

bluestar
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
You know, the more time that passes, the more it looks like the highlight of the Twins' season is going to be their sweep of the Sox in Chicago last week. They even celebrated as though it was the end of the season. Radke was terrible against the Tigers last Saturday. Santana has not been looking as invincible lately as he has in the past, although I am sure he is still going to pitch well, perhaps just not as dominating as in the past. If Liriano has to miss very much time, the Twins are in trouble. They can't score 15 runs every time Silva pitches, and Baker is awful, too. It sure doesn't look like Boof Bonser is the answer, either.

NoShoesJoe
08-02-2006, 02:03 PM
You know, the more time that passes, the more it looks like the highlight of the Twins' season is going to be their sweep of the Sox in Chicago last week. They even celebrated as though it was the end of the season. Radke was terrible against the Tigers last Saturday. Santana has not been looking as invincible lately as he has in the past, although I am sure he is still going to pitch well, perhaps just not as dominating as in the past. If Liriano has to miss very much time, the Twins are in trouble. They can't score 15 runs every time Silva pitches, and Baker is awful, too. It sure doesn't look like Boof Bonser is the answer, either.

Yes it appears that reality is setting in, hopefully.

AnkleSox
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I've really been more worried about the Yankees than the Twins during this whole slide anyway. I'm one of the people that thinks the Sox still have a shot at the division, though.

EastCoastSoxFan
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
...I didn't remember the Texas play-by-play man being particularly witty or funny during the Sox/Rangers games that I saw on MLB.TV, but I have the Twins/Rangers game on in the background here at work and I had to stop and make sure I heard what I just heard:
"(Nick) Punto...sounds like a Delta Tau Chi name -- why Punto? WHY NOT?!"
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MrX
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
The offense isn't helping much either. 1 run on 10 hits so far today.

EastCoastSoxFan
08-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Again from the Rangers play-by-play man:
"The Rangers hand a MeatLoaf to the Twins -- two out of three ain't bad."

cleanwsox
08-02-2006, 03:13 PM
:twinslose

Let's increase the cushion tonight!