PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question: If we had Liriano in the pen instead of McCarthy...

greygoose
08-02-2006, 01:33 PM
would Vasquez still be in the rotation?

soxfan13
08-02-2006, 01:35 PM
no

greygoose
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
But he is the highest paid pitcher on the team - he needs to be in the rotation

IlliniSox4Life
08-02-2006, 01:38 PM
If we had Johan Santana, Roy Halladay, Brandon Webb, Chris Carpenter, Jason Schmidt, Roy Oswalt, etc in the pen Vazquez would not be starting. What is the point of this question? Also, if we had Manny Ramirez on the bench, Pods probably wouldn't be starting either. Oh, and if we had Alex Rodriquez on the bench, Juan Uribe wouldn't be starting either.

greygoose
08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
If we had Johan Santana, Roy Halladay, Brandon Webb, Chris Carpenter, Jason Schmidt, Roy Oswalt, etc in the pen Vazquez would not be starting. What is the point of this question? Also, if we had Manny Ramirez on the bench, Pods probably wouldn't be starting either. Oh, and if we had Alex Rodriquez on the bench, Juan Uribe wouldn't be starting either.
I dunno, we pay Vasquez a lot of money. Those guys also would take a long time to strech out.

cbotnyse
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Isnt Liriano a starting pitcher? :?:

MadetoOrta
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
If we had Scott Baker and Silva in the rotation, Mac wouldn't be in the bullpen.

soxfan13
08-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Isnt Liriano a starting pitcher? :?:

I think hes getting at, if we had liriano instead of mccarthy, would liriano have replaced vazquez by now

NoShoesJoe
08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
But he is the highest paid pitcher on the team - he needs to be in the rotation

LOL. Who cares if Javy's the highest paid? A high cost turd is still a turd, but it has some tangible benefits if you use it to fertalize a garden. Put Javy in the 'pen if his next start sucks and he can't make it through 5.

jenn2080
08-02-2006, 01:49 PM
I think hes getting at, if we had liriano instead of mccarthy, would liriano have replaced vazquez by now

we wouldnt have vazquez. hed be raking the bullpen.

greygoose
08-02-2006, 01:53 PM
we wouldnt have vazquez. hed be raking the bullpen.

I'm not so sure. Here are the reasons that I keep hearing why McCarthy isn't starting:

Vasquez makes a lot of money
It would take a while to stretch out McCarthy Notice that no one says that Vazquez is a better pitcher.

I find it funny that people say that enough of the season is left that we can come back from a 7.5 game hole, but it's too late to "stretch out" McCarthy :?:

greygoose
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
OIC, this has been moved.... The "who would you replace in the lineup" thread is still in the clubhouse....

DSpivack
08-02-2006, 01:57 PM
How about this, which one is better:

-Vazquez starts with McCarthy in the pen
-McCarthy starts with Vazquez in the pen

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-02-2006, 01:59 PM

Most people would think the latter is.....

greygoose
08-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Sigh, not only has the thread been moved but the title has been changed.

I was asking a question to figure out why Vasquez is still in the rotation and why management is so stubborn that they will not make an adjustment to an obvious problem.

voodoochile
08-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Sigh, not only has the thread been moved but the title has been changed.

I was asking a question to figure out why Vasquez is still in the rotation and why management is so stubborn that they will not make an adjustment to an obvious problem.

Then ask it without all the stupid over the top hyperbole. McCarthy isn't Liriano and really isn't even close at this stage of their careers.

I moved the thread and changed the title because as it was prepared it was an insult to WSI poster intelligence.

Go ahead and prepare the thread you are referring to. Heck, add a poll to figure out whether posters would rather see McCarthy or Vazquez in the rotation, but leave rookie of the years and Cy Young candidates out of it. They are immaterial to the discussion you are trying to have.

Oh and to answer the question you posed in this thread...

What are you stupid? Of course Liriano would be a starter over Vazquez or McCarthy or anyone else in the Starting rotation save maybe Contreras.

There, you got your explanation, you happy? :rolleyes:

santo=dorf
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
would Vasquez still be in the rotation?
Jorge Vasquez isn't in anybody's rotation right now.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stats/player_locator_results.jsp?c_id=cws&playerLocator=vasquez

:hijacked:
This thread is about Liriano and Vasquez (I think he's talking about Jorge.