PDA

View Full Version : Leyland steals OG line..."We stunk"

caulfield12
08-01-2006, 09:32 AM
This is hilarious stuff...did anyone see Rogers' spike the ball on the mound? Pitcher's blowin' up, pitcher's blowin' up!!!

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060801/SPORTS02/608010425/1050

MadetoOrta
08-01-2006, 10:11 AM
I remember last year at this time. All of the sudden, Cleveland never lost. When they did, we did. It spirals after that. 14.5 became 8.5 in [it seemed] 4 days. When Detroit's lead goes to 4-5 games, watch the reaction. All of the sudden, things start getting tight around the collar. We'll be the team playing relaxed.

AuroraSoxFan
08-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I remember last year at this time. All of the sudden, Cleveland never lost. When they did, we did. It spirals after that. 14.5 became 8.5 in [it seemed] 4 days. When Detroit's lead goes to 4-5 games, watch the reaction. All of the sudden, things start getting tight around the collar. We'll be the team playing relaxed.

Good point. Can't wait for it to happen. Seems like it may be starting to. Sure hope so anyway. Gambler is supposed to be their leader. So if his frustration continues, it should bleed over into the rest of their team.

bluestar
08-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Good point. Can't wait for it to happen. Seems like it may be starting to. Sure hope so anyway. Gambler is supposed to be their leader. So if his frustration continues, it should bleed over into the rest of their team.

That's a good point. Rogers has been the stabilizing force for that rotation this year. I think they need Bonderman to step into that role, and that may be why Leland left him in on Sunday. But after seeing his meltdown, it doesn't look like he is ready to assume those responsibilities.

fquaye149
08-01-2006, 10:52 AM
http://www.sacbee.com/static/rich_content_images/278317-0721hummers01.jpg
wheels falling off?

CaptainBallz
08-01-2006, 11:42 AM
They haven't just been losing, they've been looking like crap doing so. Having watched the last three weeks month of White Sox baseball, we know how that looks. Let's hope this is the beginning of dark times in Detroit.

caulfield12
08-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Part of it was the huge swing in momentum Sunday (remember the Twins had ONE hit before the 8th off Bonderman and looked absolutely dead as a CSI case without Grissom)...they were two innings away from permanently burying the Twins this season. They would have been down 12.5 games and then it shifted to 10.5 games in the blink of an eye.

The same thing happened after that Thursday game against the White Sox...in the Tigers' favor.

And look how Minnesota came out last night, with Hunter back.

We'll see how long it lasts, but the momentum in the league is definitely with NY and Minnesota and against the Tigers, Red Sox and White Sox.

Foulke You
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
They haven't just been losing, they've been looking like crap doing so. Having watched the last three weeks month of White Sox baseball, we know how that looks. Let's hope this is the beginning of dark times in Detroit.
C'mon guys, Detroit has only lost 2 in a row. They aren't in free fall as some of you here are hinting at. If they get swept by the D-Rays, I will start believing that their scuffle streak has arrived but until then, the Kitties haven't shown me any signs of slowing down this year. They could easily have swept the Twins at the Metrodome (not an easy thing to do these days) if it wasn't for a borderline balk call on Bonderman in Game 3 and that was a series that featured Liriano, Santana, and Radke throwing.

Don't get me wrong, I see no reason why the Sox can't make this thing a race and keep chipping away at the lead but until I see prolonged struggles for the Tigers, I remain focused on the AL Wild Card race.

batmanZoSo
08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
C'mon guys, Detroit has only lost 2 in a row. They aren't in free fall as some of you here are hinting at. If they get swept by the D-Rays, I will start believing that their scuffle streak has arrived but until then, the Kitties haven't shown me any signs of slowing down this year. They could easily have swept the Twins at the Metrodome (not an easy thing to do these days) if it wasn't for a borderline balk call on Bonderman in Game 3 and that was a series that featured Liriano, Santana, and Radke throwing.

Don't get me wrong, I see no reason why the Sox can't make this thing a race and keep chipping away at the lead but until I see prolonged struggles for the Tigers, I remain focused on the AL Wild Card race.
No, we're just hoping for it to be the "free fall" and frankly they're ****ing due. They're not that good to play like that all year long. I'm not saying they're a fluke either, but it takes a truly elite team to play at the clip they've been for an entire season. They're going to stumble, and it may be beginning now, so we gotta pounce on the kitty.