PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Exchange

jenn2080
08-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know how the ticket exchange works? I sold a pair of my season tickets on there and wanted to what happens with the money and how do I get it?

nevr say dye sox
08-01-2006, 08:41 AM
you don't actually get a check to money for your tickets. The money from the tickets goes into an account which can be used for playoff tickets or season tickets next year.

jenn2080
08-01-2006, 08:47 AM
i dont like that idea.

Cat Thief
08-01-2006, 09:11 AM
i dont like that idea.

You will be happy in October!

TornLabrum
08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
i dont like that idea.

If you want your money now, and you don't mind selling your tickets at face value, there is always the WSI ticket exchange.

CaptainBallz
08-01-2006, 10:24 AM
i dont like that idea.

Yeah, it's a bit shady...But it'll be sweet come October when I'm not paying anything for playoff tix...:bandance:

jenn2080
08-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it's a bit shady...But it'll be sweet come October when I'm not paying anything for playoff tix...:bandance:

This is the first time we used it and to be honest I am not a big fan of it after this. Next time I will use WSI or Ebay.

The Dude
08-01-2006, 10:46 AM
i dont like that idea.

The good part of the idea is me and Chips have made a lot of credit selling premium games on there. There is no mailing, meeting, or any extra time spent other than not using your tickets for that game since they become deactive.

But yeah the negative is you actually never see the money but if you plan on going to playoffs/next year, it's gold.

nevr say dye sox
08-01-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't have a problem with it. You probably sold them for more than you paid and they only charge 10%. You would pay more than that on stub hub or ebay with fees and shipping charges. Also it clearly states on the ticket exchange that no money will be sent, it is only a credit that goes into an account for season or playoff tickets. I'm suprised that people actually post tickets without reading the disclaimers.

jenn2080
08-01-2006, 11:05 AM
I don't have a problem with it. You probably sold them for more than you paid and they only charge 10%. You would pay more than that on stub hub or ebay with fees and shipping charges. Also it clearly states on the ticket exchange that no money will be sent, it is only a credit that goes into an account for season or playoff tickets. I'm suprised that people actually post tickets without reading the disclaimers.

ok no need to lecture! im not pitching a fit to the White Sox or ticketmaster. I would just prefer not to use it again.

MrRoboto83
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
The good part of the idea is me and Chips have made a lot of credit selling premium games on there. There is no mailing, meeting, or any extra time spent other than not using your tickets for that game since they become deactive.

But yeah the negative is you actually never see the money but if you plan on going to playoffs/next year, it's gold.

It has worked out well for me as well. I have enough money in there now to pay for all the playoff tickets, and or pay for half of my season tickets for next year.

Steelrod
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
I love it! Works great for me. Have sold several tickets that I otherwise would have eaten because I couldn't go and no one else around here was able to use them. As a long time season ticket holder, this is the best thing the Sox have ever done for me! Have eaten 15-20 games in years past!

The Dude
08-01-2006, 11:15 AM
It has worked out well for me as well. I have enough money in there now to pay for all the playoff tickets, and or pay for half of my season tickets for next year.
Yeah same here and it was only from selling i think 12 or 13 games!:o: I didn't find out how to use it till after the Cubs series unfortunately because I could've cared less if I made it to those games.

itsnotrequired
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM

Sure, you made money but now who's on the prowl for tickets to the Yankee games and Elvis night? You and Chips can have a bidding war for my extra ticket.:D: