PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Not For All The Teahen China 7/31/06 Postgame Thread

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Take that Mr. AL Player of the Week!

Jose to 10 wins. Game on.

Chips
07-31-2006, 09:55 PM
:winner

Awesome title :thumbsup:

Corlose 15
07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
See what happens when your starting goes past six innings? Good things happen. This is exactly the kind of quality starts the staff needs to put together. Hopefully Marky Mark can get it going tomorrow.

SoxFanSince67
07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
I needed that. A nice comfortable White Sox win!!!!

Gavin
07-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Someone get the EMT on the phone to wake up everyone who had to watch the KC broadcast.

SoxFanPrope
Awesome title :thumbsup:
We have the most creative thread title writers of any fan board in the Majors

DSpivack
We have the most creative thread title writers of any fan board in the Majors

Yeah, I third that. Great title.

kwolf68
Jose and Brandon retired the last 9 batters after the leadoff triple in the 7th. 1 run over last 7 innings. McCarthy was sharp as a tac and the Sox chop a game.

Tomorrow is huge, because it is our battling horse going to the hill and it is well time for Mark Buehrle to start pitching like....Mark Buehrle.

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Good to see Cintron get his power stroke back and Jose showed some signs of Jose.

Hopefully Big Jim is back tomorrow.

jenn2080

Jose did good and so did Brandon.

cheezheadsoxfan
And you give the starter some runs to work with. Nice job by BMac too.:bandance:

stl_sox_fan
Two brilliant Thread Headers in a row Bevi.

Good win tonight!

MrRoboto83
Sox win, I'm gonna have a few:gulp:

rowand33
good win.

awesome effort by Contreras.

B.Mac looked awesome.

If we win the division, Dye should be the AL MVP

StepsInSC
07-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Good win. Let's turn this into another patented 8 game winning streak, OR another patented 8-series-in-a-row-of-winning-2-of-3-games-streak.

zmz723
07-31-2006, 09:59 PM

jose didnt start off good, but mowed em down later

cheezheadsoxfan
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
And now I think I know where "Fingernails on a Blackboard" come from.:smile:

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I third that. Great title.

Thanks gang. I made it my mission after the abundance of "Well, that sucked" and "That's pathetic" titles.

MrRoboto83
07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks gang. I made it my mission after the abundance of "Well, that sucked" and "That's pathetic" titles.

a blast of fresh air for sure!:cool:

PeteWard
07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
7 back in the loss column. Piece of cake:cool:

As for the title of this thread...:rolleyes:

Chips
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM

It's good, but check out the second post in this baby (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74077).

You're all welcome for my creative genius.:D:

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
It was also nice to see the first inning barrage back in full effect. Takes the pressure off the pitchers. We also had immediate answers when it mattered.

EDIT: Chips set the title bar high... all the rest of us can do is hope to catch a glimpse of it. :cool:

Skates
07-31-2006, 10:04 PM
Someone get the EMT on the phone to wake up everyone who had to watch the KC broadcast. OMG they are so horrible...I actually fell asleep to their monotone voices!

We not only won but moved up one game on the Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteWard
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
good win.

awesome effort by Contreras.

B.Mac looked awesome.

If we win the division, Dye should be the AL MVP

Ummm, we all love JD but did you see what Ortiz did tonight?

BA: The Hitman
07-31-2006, 10:06 PM
I agree, Dye has been awesome but Ortiz is just a freak

INSox56
07-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Screw Ortiz. You happen to work for ESPN? They have a decent sized man crush on him for sure.

kwolf68
07-31-2006, 10:07 PM

Ortiz is insane. I can't believe how clutch that guy is. Still Dye isn't chopped liver and has been amazing this year too.

BA: The Hitman
07-31-2006, 10:07 PM
I hate all the coverage the Red Sox get like everybody does, but if you don't have a man crush on ortiz, you dont appreicate baseball.

INSox56
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Head on over here then http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=76307
I'd rather not hear about it in the clubhouse.

rowand33
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM

Dye plays gold glove caliber defense.

Ortiz... does not.

Ortiz is awesome though. No doubt. And he's going to win MVP. That was decided in April.

IlliniSox4Life
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I said this in the chat, but I'll repeat it here:

Turning point of the season: Contreras stranding the leadoff triple in the 7th. From here on the pitching is going to be spot on, and we'll make a run at the division title, catching the Tigers once they hit the wall. A couple of days ago, that leadoff triple would have turned into a 3 run inning. From here on out, my picks to click are going to be the starting pitchers. I'm taking home the PTC "Behind CLR01" title. Don't sweat it babies, this ones in the bag.

stl_sox_fan
07-31-2006, 10:10 PM
Ortiz is insane. I can't believe how clutch that guy is. Still Dye isn't chopped liver and has been amazing this year too.

And Dye puts another kind of glove on instead of just a batter's glove.

PeteWard
07-31-2006, 10:11 PM
Screw Ortiz. You happen to work for ESPN? They have a decent sized man crush on him for sure.

:rolleyes:

And if he put up these numbers for the White Sox would that be the work of ESPN? Their coverage has nothing to do with what he produces--which is by far the best offensive numbers in the AL.

However, JD is way way up there this year.

BeviBall!

Gospel. Speak on it!

Kub_Killer_15
The offense is doing awesome! In the last 4 games they scored 34 runs!

Now get the pitchers back inline and they should make the playoffs.

SoxFanPrope
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Chips,
You've convinced me. Those who feel it necessary to talk about Ortiz after a Sox win are not needed by me.

INSox56
07-31-2006, 10:14 PM
:rolleyes:

And if he put up these numbers for the White Sox would that be the work of ESPN? Their coverage has nothing to do with what he produces--which is by far the best offensive numbers in the AL.

However, JD is way way up there this year.

No, I just dont' want to hear about Ortiz in the Clubhouse, especially in the postgame thread for crying out loud.

PeteWard
07-31-2006, 10:14 PM

Turning point of the season: Contreras stranding the leadoff triple in the 7th. From here on the pitching is going to be spot on, and we'll make a run at the division title, catching the Tigers once they hit the wall. A couple of days ago, that leadoff triple would have turned into a 3 run inning. From here on out, my picks to click are going to be the starting pitchers. I'm taking home the PTC "Behind CLR01" title. Don't sweat it babies, this ones in the bag.

Well I still think Gload's granny is, depite Sunday's crash. It doesn't matter though because the Sox are going to catch Detroit. :bandance:

batmanZoSo
07-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Dye is becoming the MVP of this team unless Thome gets hot again. If I need a hit, I want no one but Dye up there. And that home run he hit was just killed. Made it look easy, too. :thumbsup:

Chips
07-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Chips,
You've convinced me. Those who feel it necessary to talk about Ortiz after a Sox win are not needed by me.

Me either

Pretty soon, I won't see anyone posts except my own

Foulke You
07-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Wow, that was the first game in a looooong time where I felt the Sox had the game in hand and for the last 5 innings or so wasn't really in jeopardy. A decent start from Jose, nice relief work for McCarthy.

J.D. definitely deserves serious consideration for the MVP if he keeps this up. What a tremendous year he is having. Somebody better check to see if the fountain was ok after Dye's homer because that was a Roy Hobbs shot if I ever saw one.:cool:

goon
07-31-2006, 10:16 PM

indeed and it should be a gold glove.

ortiz is the truth, but dye should be MVP for his offense AND defense.

stl_sox_fan
07-31-2006, 10:17 PM
It sure feels like Jose should have more than 10 wins after that streak he was on. Oh well.

Back to 20 games over .500. Roll on!

zach074
I think everyone is off the ledge for now.

IlliniSox4Life
Me either

Pretty soon, I won't see anyone posts except my own

Teal? I swear every other thread you are suggesting that you take someone off your block list. Is anyone not on your block list? Do you just view all your own posts and laugh and laugh? Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. It'll be known as WSchIps.

ChiSoxGirl
07-31-2006, 10:18 PM
GREAT game! It was awesome to see both the pitching AND hitting be on tonight!

Did anyone else not know about Thome's wrist tendinitis, and that he was back in Chicago getting a cortisone shot and rejoined the team during the game? :?: Hawk & DJ mentioned this during the game.

batmanZoSo
07-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Teal? I swear every other thread you are suggesting that you take someone off your block list. Is anyone not on your block list? Do you just view all your own posts and laugh and laugh? Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea. It'll be known as WSchIps.

Ha. Like I told him...he doesn't have an ignore list, he has a view list.

Chips
07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Ha. Like I told him...he doesn't have an ignore list, he has a view list.

Exactly. I take people off my view list. :cool:

Dan Mega
07-31-2006, 10:20 PM

:whocares

Who gives a crap about Ortiz? White Sox win, White Sox win, Tigers lose, a great night!

credefan24
07-31-2006, 10:21 PM

I'll drink to that!:gulp:

By the way, is there anything up with Thome, or is this just Ozzie messin' around with the line up?

Chips
07-31-2006, 10:23 PM
I'll drink to that!:gulp:

By the way, is there anything up with Thome, or is this just Ozzie messin' around with the line up?

Tendinitis in his wrist.

stl_sox_fan
07-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Tendinitis in his wrist.

That scares me. Hopefully they won't need his bat during the stay in KC. He can stay up late watching PPV in his hotel room.

infohawk
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Great win tonight guys. Hopefully we are beginning to find our rhythm. I couldn't watch the game because it was on WCIU:angry:but I checked in from time to time and was happy to see some positivity and excitement around here for a change (I've been just as guilty as everyone else in voicing my frustration). That's 3 out of 4 and hopefully the beginning of some momentum.

NoShoesJoe
07-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Well I still think Gload's granny is, depite Sunday's crash. It doesn't matter though because the Sox are going to catch Detroit. :bandance:

Yep, me too.

SluggersAway
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Turning point of the season...

I've heard that phrase a few times this week, we'll just have to wait and see. It is just too early to tell.

Great win though! Keep it going!

credefan24
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks guys for the info on Thome. HOpefully it's not a long term thing.

Plus, Detroit lost tonight, we pick up a game. This is how it starts. Slowly, we chip away, until the sox are in first.

batmanZoSo
07-31-2006, 10:32 PM
I've heard that phrase a few times this week, we'll just have to wait and see. It is just too early to tell.

Great win though! Keep it going!

Hey, to me the turning point is still Gload. We're 3-1 since then. If we get hot and win the division from here we point at that moment.

digdagdug23
07-31-2006, 10:43 PM

No I didn't, I figured the Eastern Sports Programming Network would pick up anything the BoSox did and magnify it to the nth degree, so why watch it and re-watch it again later?

And don't be doggin' on my Baby J, I might have to take you O-U-T.
:redneck

He did, I can vouch for that. Wonder if I can fit that statement in to my sig?

CaptainBallz
07-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Sox Win AND the Tiggers Lose??!?!?!? Uncanny!!

Close Down the Favorite Sox Player Game...

:dye:

"It's all me, baby..."

Kub_Killer_15
07-31-2006, 10:51 PM
We also got a few gift runs in the 1st inning because of those 2 balks... when is the last time anybody saw 2 balks in a inning or even a game?

IlliniSox4Life
07-31-2006, 10:59 PM
He did, I can vouch for that. Wonder if I can fit that statement in to my sig?

That's my first quote in somebody's sig. Hopefully I don't look stupid in a couple of months.

And for those of you saying it was Gloads grand slam: A great moment, yes. However, the offense has been there. To me, the turning point is when the pitching starts to dominate, and I have every faith we will be dominating most games with our pitching from here on out like they should have been all season.

digdagdug23
07-31-2006, 11:03 PM
That's my first quote in somebody's sig. Hopefully I don't look stupid in a couple of months.

It's alright, buddy. If you look stupid, I will look just as stupid for quoting you, and we can be stupid together........misery loves company.:hug:

IlliniSox4Life
07-31-2006, 11:05 PM
It's alright, buddy. If you look stupid, I will look just as stupid for quoting you, and we can be stupid together........misery loves company.:hug:

Yeah. The good news though, is I am right, so we will look like geniuses!

soxfanreggie
07-31-2006, 11:14 PM
I will admit that I was scared when Contreras gave up those runs in the first two innings. I was afraid that this would turn into a "you score, I score, we all score a lot more" games. I'm glad Jose settled down, and Brandon pitched extremely well. Tomorrow is an important game. Need to win each series we play!

SABRSox
08-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Been a while since I've gotten to bust this out:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4365&d=1147671917

JUribe1989
08-01-2006, 12:11 AM
I'm liking the creative titles like leaves a bad Tatis in your mouth, and this one. Let's keep this up!

Oh yeah, great game by the hitters. They scored early and often. Jose pitched great, he deserved only 3 of those runs.

Grzegorz
08-01-2006, 04:45 AM
Chips,

Amen; to hell with Ortiz and the Red Sox.

HerzogVon
08-01-2006, 07:08 AM
Teal? I swear every other thread you are suggesting that you take someone off your block list. Is anyone not on your block list?

You mean that's done here, too? I thought the insufferable intellectuals at AOL's Classical Music Boards were the only ones to be so silly.

Back to baseball: If MB can somehow get back to form - and that is the biggest of ifs - then anything is possible. Yeah, anything!