PDA

View Full Version : What should the Comiskey batter's eye look like?

PaleHoseGeorge
02-18-2002, 12:58 PM
There will be baseball-shaped shrubs adorning the new batter's eye, replacing the black metal shed roof. There will also be a green, one-way window for fans to view from inside the centerfield concourse.

What is your preference?

Pete_SSAC
02-18-2002, 01:12 PM
No WAY I want that Ananhiem volcano thing, I think it's the WORST looking thing in any ballpark.

Except for the entire Twinkiedome.

- Pete

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 01:22 PM
I don't mind the baseball shaped shubbery. I'd like to see that whole park go back to the old Green . Are the outfield walls going to be green this year? It would look pretty dumb with blue. And Jerry is about due to replace those seats. He had to paint and replace seats every year in hte old park. He hasn't had to touch these in 11 years. Replace them with green. Dump the Yankee blue everywhere!

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Foulkyou brought up a nice reminder of the old park that they need in anotehr thread. Retired numbers on a green wall in the OF would be sweet! Especially if they put the HR porch up. It will be just like old times. Am i dreaming too much here?

Cheryl
02-18-2002, 02:06 PM
We're starting the green seats vs blue seats thing again, aren't we?

I think a fountain would be nice. Something in the shape of Veeck's shower, with the water going down a wall.

FarmerAndy
02-18-2002, 02:13 PM
In the renovation drawings that somebody posted on another thread showed a large green wall in center. That would be classic. I'm sure we won't see it happen though, because it sounds like they are already working on the shrub plan. While they're at it, they might as well put a Wendy's Garden Spot salad bar out there.

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
We're starting the green seats vs blue seats thing again, aren't we?

I think a fountain would be nice. Something in the shape of Veeck's shower, with the water going down a wall.
Jerry will never do that. That might take up seating room. They alredy have a fountain in KC. Why Copy?

Daver
02-18-2002, 04:37 PM
I think the should plant six giant Sequoia's out there so we can see how tall they get.Think about it,its something original.

:redneck

Chisox_cali
02-18-2002, 04:42 PM
I prefer to call the "volcano'' in Anaheim "The Grotto":smile:

Dadawg_77
02-18-2002, 05:41 PM
Look at RPS sig, and ask youself how could this be wrong?

voodoochile
02-18-2002, 10:51 PM
They have that gap in the middle of the area. That cannot be changed. I want them to fill in the areas on either side of the gap with seats and then put some of that one way glass at the front of the seating areas that goes up 15 feet or whatever it takes. Make the glass dark green if you can or dark blue.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-19-2002, 08:29 AM
:gulp:
How about a waterpark like in the Dells! Let all the people who have had one too many splash around and make idiots of themselves. I would feel right at home.
I forgot: I have this board to make an idiot of myself! :gulp:

Seriously, I heard some talk about ivory. Please don't do that. Why not do a classic Chicago backdrop. Mini Chicago Skyline, let the big hitters bust some windows on the Sears Tower. Hit the L. Stick a few cub fans out there to get beaned by practice balls.
:gulp:

fogie
02-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Looking forward to Comiskey's new look, I voted for putting brickes from old Comiskey, for the new look in center. Also would like to some how, see the Chicago slyline added. Keep up the good work WSI.

Fogie

Procol Harum
02-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Baseball-shaped shrubs????! It is this sort of overall genius--whether it be in player-personnel, public relations, or facility management that has gotten us where we are today.

I vote we put a giant rotating Big Boy mascot out there...or a petting zoo...or maybe the old cyclorama of the Battle of Gettysburg...

Procol Harum
02-19-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by daver
I think the should plant six giant Sequoia's out there so we can see how tall they get.Think about it,its something original.

Lord, Daver..they might be the size of some of the ones in California before we ever win a World Series....

moochpuppy
02-19-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
There will be baseball-shaped shrubs adorning the new batter's eye, replacing the black metal shed roof. There will also be a green, one-way window for fans to view from inside the centerfield concourse.

What is your preference?

Cardboard cutouts of Bud Selig with bulleyes painted on them. Whenever a Sox player strikes one every fan gets a free beer. :gulp:

harwar
02-19-2002, 10:23 AM
How about the transparent material with a gigantic eyeball facing homeplate.

Cheryl
02-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

I vote we put a giant rotating Big Boy mascot out there...or a petting zoo...or maybe the old cyclorama of the Battle of Gettysburg...

Do we get to vote on which ex-players go in the petting zoo?

FarmerAndy
02-19-2002, 11:05 AM

Do we get to vote on which ex-players go in the petting zoo?

Petting zoo, not heavy-petting zoo.

Cheryl
02-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy

Petting zoo, not heavy-petting zoo.

Hey! There are kids here. I just meant petting Carlton Fisk on the head.

(Maybe)

FarmerAndy
02-19-2002, 01:31 PM

Hey! There are kids here.

They aren't kids anymore, they're seasoned veterans.

(At least that's what Jerry says in that bad radio ad.)

voodoochile
02-19-2002, 03:48 PM

Hey! There are kids here. I just meant petting Carlton Fisk on the head.

(Maybe)

Yeah, and I want to "pet Messica on the head" too.

:)