PDA

View Full Version : Games on WCIU for the next 2 nights

QCIASOXFAN
07-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Looks like its Farmer and Singleton for me these next couple games.:angry:

Law11
07-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I feel bad for the folks that cant catch the games.. KW talks about wanting to turn this city into a Sox town but yet games are on WCIU. Not that he controls that...

W e
C ant
I dentify
U

outside of Chicago.

Chicken Dinner
07-31-2006, 06:27 PM
MLB Xtra Innings has us watching the KC feed for the next 3 games. It's kind of nice getting a break from Hawk and DJ for a few days.

Chips
07-31-2006, 06:34 PM
I can watch the games. Yes. :bandance::D::bandance::D::bandance:

Mohoney
07-31-2006, 06:55 PM
The U is brutal. Absolutely brutal.

I'm almost positive that Reinsdorf goes with them for the Sox and Bulls only because of MLB and NBA regulations requiring a certain amount of games being on free TV.

I wish that local Fox or NBC affiliates were interested in broadcasting sports on weeknights.

soxfanreggie
07-31-2006, 07:16 PM
At least I don't get bad headaches like I used to with Farmer.

WMG
07-31-2006, 07:38 PM
screw the U...

BS BS BS BS

and if for some odd reason ESPN picks up a game that was going to be on the U it is still blacked out for me.

sucks.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm almost positive that Reinsdorf goes with them for the Sox and Bulls only because of MLB and NBA regulations requiring a certain amount of games being on free TV.

There is no conspiracy here. The Cubs even have games on WCIU. Comcast has a contract for X amount of games, WGN has a contract for X amount of games, and Fox has a contract for X amount of games. The rest go on WCIU.

I'm surprised more people have beef with WCIU than Comcast Sports Net Plus, as even less people can watch the game when it's on that station!

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 07:45 PM
I can watch the games. Yes. :bandance::D::bandance::D::bandance:

Two for me as well!!!

I need a break from the weekend of Farmeo and Singleton.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Two for me as well!!!

I need a break from the weekend of Farmeo and Singleton.

I listened to them a little bit during the weekend while driving to a collegue's wedding in southwestern Michigan, and they were absolutely brutal to listen to! I feel very sorry for Singleton, as it seems Farmer tries his hardest to personally make him feel unwelcome. He seemed to talk rather condescendingly to Singleton.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 08:17 PM
I listened to them a little bit during the weekend while driving to a collegue's wedding in southwestern Michigan, and they were absolutely brutal to listen to! I feel very sorry for Singleton, as it seems Farmer tries his hardest to personally make him feel unwelcome. He seemed to talk rather condescendingly to Singleton.

That is their schtick. Believe it or not their broadcast has improved over the first four months. :o:

About 1/3 of the games are over the air telecasts. This is the standard thread everytime a game is on WCIU. The White Sox need to keep a certain amount of games over the air or long term their attendance and fan base will suffer. Chicago was a split town (Sox vs. Cubs) until Sportsvision. The Hawks were on par with the two ballclubs and Bears (and far ahead of the Bulls) until Wirtz took games off of WGN decades ago and blacked out all home games on cable (the first period of home games were blacked out on the radio to get a few extra walk up ticket sales in the 1970s - not old enough to know when thisbpractice started / ended).

People can live without HD for a few games a season. People in Rockford or elsewhere who do not get WCIU yet are blacked out should blame Bud and MLB's silly blackout policy. Everyone should be able to watch any game if they pay for it via their cable provider or over the internet. Sadly, places like Vegas with the closest team four or five hours away are blacked out of six teams - all five California teams and Arizona. MLB can do better and make more $$$ in the process.

Chips
07-31-2006, 08:22 PM
That is their schtick. Believe it or not their broadcast has improved over the first four months. :o:

So they went from beyond ****ty to just ****ty?

FielderJones
08-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Jeez, another whine-fest whenever the Sox are on WCIU. For those of us in the Chicago area without cable, it's nice to see the Sox on any over-the-air station. WCIU-DT has a nice crisp signal, better than WBBM-DT. Home games are in 720p HDTV, and they look great.

So here's my deal. I have a set top box HD tuner that I have not used since I got a HD DVR. The menus work fine in 720p but they don't work in 1080i. Most sports are in 720p anyway. I offer it for $50 to my good friends at WSI. That's like what, 1-2 months of cable? You get a great signal for WCIU games, and plenty of over-the-air HD content. First one to PM me takes it.

IlliniSox4Life
08-01-2006, 12:17 AM
I feel bad for the folks that cant catch the games.. KW talks about wanting to turn this city into a Sox town but yet games are on WCIU. Not that he controls that...

W e
C ant
I dentify
U

outside of Chicago.

Uh, pretty much everyone in Chicago has WCIU, and many less people have CSN/ESPN. How is Kenny more likely to turn Chicago into a Sox town by taking games off free broadcast television?

Soxfanspcu11
08-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Who doesn't have the U? Is it just people outside of the Chicago market?

I feel bad for you guys who don't get it, that sucks.

WLL1855
08-01-2006, 12:30 AM
There is no conspiracy here. The Cubs even have games on WCIU. Comcast has a contract for X amount of games, WGN has a contract for X amount of games, and Fox has a contract for X amount of games. The rest go on WCIU.

I'm surprised more people have beef with WCIU than Comcast Sports Net Plus, as even less people can watch the game when it's on that station!

I don't have a problem with WCIU or even watching the game on CSN+. My problem is with the bull**** blackout policy MLB has in place. MLB Extra Innings being blacked out when the game is only available on a LOCAL channel is completely unacceptable. For Christ's sake, the game is in Kansas City! How the hell does it benefit the Sox to have the KC feed blacked out for those of us in the 815/309/217 area codes? Idiots!

Chicken Dinner
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
I don't have a problem with WCIU or even watching the game on CSN+. My problem is with the bull**** blackout policy MLB has in place. MLB Extra Innings being blacked out when the game is only available on a LOCAL channel is completely unacceptable. For Christ's sake, the game is in Kansas City! How the hell does it benefit the Sox to have the KC feed blacked out for those of us in the 815/309/217 area codes? Idiots!

They want you to watch the Bob Rohrman commercials and rush up to buy a car. :D:

AnkleSox
08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but WCIU seems to have crappy camera angles and overall low quality. (I don't know why the angles seems crappy, because aren't the camera wells for all stations the same in each park?)

Timmy D's
08-01-2006, 08:15 PM
What's up w/ the lack of HD on CIU the last 2 nights!!:angry: I was just complementing their HD signal last week, and now they screw us w/ regular format. lol, bigger tradgedies in life for sure. But I do love my HD.:whiner:

cnw8052
08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for feeling bad for us. It REALLY does suck not to the the WCIU games. My family calls the WCIU broadcasts, "secret TV", as those of us outside of Chicagoland can't get it. Our cable provider does carry the CSN+ games however, and I'm thankful for that.

Are there really people that don't have cable or satellite? How do you receive anything. If I use an antenna, I get about 2-3 stations.

Who doesn't have the U? Is it just people outside of the Chicago market?

I feel bad for you guys who don't get it, that sucks.