PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

soxyess
07-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Id like to get everyone's prediction as to what place we'll finish along with an explanation:

3rd Place- I hate doing this, but realistically we have the third best pitching staff in the division, and thats not enough to catch the Tigers or stop the Twins. I hope im wrong, but I want to give my honest opinion.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Id like to get everyone's prediction as to what place we'll finish along with an explanation:

3rd Place- I hate doing this, but realistically we have the third best pitching staff in the division, and thats not enough to catch the Tigers or stop the Twins. I hope im wrong, but I want to give my honest opinion.What was your prediction last September?

sox1970
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
My only prediction is they'll go as far as their pitching staff takes them. If they get 35 quality starts in the last 59 games, they'll win 97 or 98 games, which should get them the wildcard.

soxyess
07-31-2006, 04:06 PM
What was your prediction last September?

Honestly, I predicted that they would make the playoffs.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Honestly, I predicted that they would make the playoffs.As a wild card?

soxfanatlanta
07-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Based on my vast ass kicking in predictions I got last year, I choose to state that I have no ****ing clue.

TDog
07-31-2006, 04:12 PM
What was your prediction last September?

Or you may recall the thread in which people were predicting which Sox starter would pitch the team's first complete-game shutout in 2006.

I may respect opinions of others, but I don't care about their predictions. If I made predictions you wouldn't care about mine.

I want Mags back
07-31-2006, 04:15 PM
no playoffs, yesn i know im so pesstimistic

bryPt
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
2nd, 4 games back. Miss Wildcard by 3 games.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Or you may recall the thread in which people were predicting which Sox starter would pitch the team's first complete-game shutout in 2006.

I may respect opinions of others, but I don't care about their predictions. If I made predictions you wouldn't care about mine.I seem to remember one in which people were predicting who would be most likely to throw a no-hitter. Javier Vazquez won by a sizable margin. That's pretty much all you need to know about predictions.

SABRSox
07-31-2006, 04:21 PM
:cleo
"I predict a "This Thread Sucks" tag."

soxfanatlanta
07-31-2006, 04:21 PM

Can you be more specific?

KMart Sucks.

MrRoboto83
07-31-2006, 04:27 PM

As in the Miss Wildcard Pageant? I wonder how those women look?

Jurr
07-31-2006, 04:39 PM
The only thing I see this thread leading to is a "You didn't pick them to make the playoffs therefore you suck" or "What gives you any inkling that they're going to pull this out" debate.

The fact of the matter is that everybody's a bystander to either a train wreck or a great end to an exciting season. Period. Predictions be damned.

My advice is to sit back, strap it down, root on your damn baseball team when you're at games or scare your neighbors when you're not.

Verlander could take a liner off his coconut, Vazquez could become Cy Young, and Santana could become extremely hittable. You just don't know. That's the beautiful thing about the pennant race. There's two months and a helluva lot of ball left. Enjoy the show.

sox1970
07-31-2006, 04:45 PM
The only thing I see this thread leading to is a "You didn't pick them to make the playoffs therefore you suck" or "What gives you any inkling that they're going to pull this out" debate.

The fact of the matter is that everybody's a bystander to either a train wreck or a great end to an exciting season. Period. Predictions be damned.

My advice is to sit back, strap it down, root on your damn baseball team when you're at games or scare your neighbors when you're not.

Verlander could take a liner off his coconut, Vazquez could become Cy Young, and Santana could become extremely hittable. You just don't know. That's the beautiful thing about the pennant race. There's two months and a helluva lot of ball left. Enjoy the show.

Are we allowed to relax?

sullythered
07-31-2006, 04:46 PM

Well spoken. That in mind, I'll still give my prediction.

We're on pace for about 97-98 wins, I think we'll do a little better than that and pull out the wild card. I'm also not sure we can't win this division.

Yeah, we've been slumping, but do people think that the "bad-lately" Sox are more who they really are than the previous "pretty damn good" Sox?

bluestar
07-31-2006, 04:48 PM

I agree.

30 days ago the Sox were 1.5 games out of first place and were a season high 26 games over .500. There is so much baseball left to be played, and anything can happen.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Are we allowed to relax?Hell, no.

Jurr
07-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Are we allowed to relax?
Oh...glad you caught that. Thought I'd sneak that one by. Proved to be as sneaky as a Neal Cotts fastball.

Dan Mega
07-31-2006, 05:04 PM
I predict the White Sox to win the AL Central, AL Pennant, and sweep the Mets in the World Series.