PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Oswalt for...

kidmccarthy
07-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay here is my idea. Astros are desperate for a 3rd basemen. We are needing an impact pitcher. Oswalts name has been dropped. So Oswalt for Fields, Vazquez (we pay almost full salary) and Haeger. They solid pitcher and two great prospects, and we get the Wildcard.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Okay here is my idea. Astros are desperate for a 3rd basemen. We are needing an impact pitcher. Oswalts name has been dropped. So Oswalt for Fields, Vazquez (we pay almost full salary) and Haeger. They solid pitcher and two great prospects, and we get the Wildcard.Would you trade Jose Contreras for a third baseman?

Domeshot17
07-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Houston would say no thanks

kidmccarthy
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
that is why its an idea. I saw that the Astros threw his name out there, and figured i'd post it.

PalehosePlanet
07-31-2006, 04:11 PM
It would take Crede to get a stud like Oswalt.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
It would take Crede to get a stud like Oswalt.:rolleyes:It would take a hell of a lot more than Joe Crede.

Save McCuddy's
08-02-2006, 11:06 AM
And who's to say Oswalt will produce at a high level in the AL. Always beware the inflated power numbers of NL starters.

Rocky Soprano
08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Okay here is my idea. Astros are desperate for a 3rd basemen. We are needing an impact pitcher. Oswalts name has been dropped. So Oswalt for Fields, Vazquez (we pay almost full salary) and Haeger. They solid pitcher and two great prospects, and we get the Wildcard.

Whats wrong with Ensberg?

JorgeFabregas
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
That reported Tejada trade that was only nixed because of Oriole goofiness, but it suggested that the Astros were undervaluing Oswalt.

To the 'stros: Tejada
To the Orioles: Oswalt, Everett, and Ensberg. :?:

Thome25
08-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Why does everyone on here include Haeger in on almost any trade rumor? It seems like the prognosticators think that Haeger is more valuable than he really is.

samram
08-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Why does everyone on here include Haeger in on almost any trade rumor? It seems like the prognosticators think that Haeger is more valuable than he really is.

Good point. Knuckleballers, while fun to watch, aren't going to bring a lot in trade given their inherent inconsistency.

russ99
08-02-2006, 12:12 PM
That reported Tejada trade that was only nixed because of Oriole goofiness, but it suggested that the Astros were undervaluing Oswalt.

To the 'stros: Tejada
To the Orioles: Oswalt, Everett, and Ensberg. :?:

Not so. Everett is a weak hitter and Burke could take his place, Ensberg's value has flattened with his struggles this season, and Tejada is a great player and a former MVP.

I'd hope the Astros get a lot more for Oswalt in the offseason, as he's certain to get dealt after his "test the market" comments before the deadline and his whining after. He's also quoted saying he'll leave as a FA if the Astros don't sign him to a 5 year deal before this season ends. He should get a good return since he's won 20 games the last two years, and is one of the top starters in the NL.

If the Sox were to try for him, it would most likely take an offer something like McCarthy, Uribe (or Crede) and either Fields or Broadway.

JorgeFabregas
08-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Oswalt for Tejada straight-up makes more sense to me. Ensberg has had some struggles, but surely has some trade value with his 19 home runs and ~.900 OPS.