PDA

View Full Version : Mets trade Nady for Perez and Hernandez

rowand33
07-31-2006, 03:21 PM
ESPN just reported that the Mets traded Xavier Nady to the Pirates for Oliver Perez and Roberto Hernandez.

I dunno.

I thought Nady was decently important. who starts in right now? chavez?

Perez could become a stud for them. he had a fantastic 2003. has a good arm. seems like a high risk, high reward kinda guy.

Hernandez is what he is. he'll be good for them. with sanchez going down, they needed him.

rotoworld backed it up:

SI.com is reporting that the Mets have traded Xavier Nady to the Pirates from Oliver Perez and Roberto Hernandez.

That can't be it, unless Dave Littlefield is an even worse GM than we throught. Nady is no more than an average corner outfielder offensively and he's below average defensively. He's not at all a building block, and he certainly isn't worth Perez's potential

Dan Mega
07-31-2006, 03:25 PM
SI is reporting it too:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/07/31/monday.trades/index.html

thomas35forever
07-31-2006, 03:27 PM
ESPN reported Duaner Sanchez separated his shoulder in a car accident, which may have contributed to the deal.

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Mets made out like bandits. Perez is too damn talented to give up on.

getonbckthr
07-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Oh ya they have this kid I think his name is Milledge who can play the OF.

Baby Fisk
07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Mets made off like freakin bandits on this one.

Mr. White Sox
Incredibly absurd that the Pirates would give up so much for Nady.

Littlefield is a ****ing idiot.

DSpivack

Not to mention Victor Diaz, who has a solid bat, is in the minors. Milledge has a solid future, but perhaps it's not here; he hit just .230 in a stint this year with the Mets, and is hitting just .270 in AAA. I won't be surprised if Milledge stays down and Diaz is brought up.

rowand33
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM

is he ready?

I know he was called up and hit like .230, .240. did anybody see him? how did he look?

I can't believe the Pirates gave up both of those players for Nady! NADY!

I like Nady, but Hernandez and Perez for him... jeez.

"wrong" sox fan
07-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Perez while talented has perhaps the worst wind up in baseball. I love the kid but who knows if he'll ever pitch well again and how long he can possibly be healthy with that violent motion.

Mr. White Sox
07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Perez while talented has perhaps the worst wind up in baseball. I love the kid but who knows if he'll ever pitch well again and how long he can possibly be healthy with that violent motion.
Either way, he still has potential and a good pitching coach could do something with him...or at least try to fix him.

But Roberto Hernandez AND Oliver Perez for Nady?!

Jeez.

KW could've traded Rogo and Gload for the two. Hell, maybe just Gload.

rowand33
07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
from rotoworld:

The Mets could seek to move Oliver Perez to a third team after getting him from the Pirates for Xavier Nady, according to CBS.SportsLine.com.

The Mets are talking with San Diego about a deal in which they would trade Perez and Heath Bell to the Padres for Scott Linebrink. That'd be a clear downgrade for the Padres in the short-term. Perez would make more sense for a non-contender since he's unlikely to help out this year.
Source: CBS SportsLine.com (http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9579839)

Baby Fisk
07-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Perhaps St. Rick the pitching coach can work another miracle.

DaleJRFan
07-31-2006, 03:46 PM

Plus h e is more concerned with how pretty he looks while pitching, rather than how many HRs he's serving up... If I'm a pirates fan, I'm happy with this one. Xaviar Nady, who is a very good all around player, for an old RP who is facing retirement, and a hot shot pitcher who could care less about his performance as long as he's getting paid?? Good for Littlefield, finally did something right.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I Luv Omar Minaya!!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :) :gulp: :gulp::gulp:

Meet the Mets,
Meet the Mets
Step right up and greet the Mets!!!!

Hernandez will help now and hopefully Perez can be fixed.

Nady was a mistake to begin with. Littlefield should be tried and convicted for dereliction of his fiduciary responsibility. There is little salary involved here which makes the deal even more baffling.

kwolf68
07-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Pittsburgh is in last place...How can that be?

Horrible, HORRIBLE deal...you give up a VERY VALUABLE commodity in this market (setup men) + a talented young lefty (24 year old) for an average outfielder.

Nice work Pittsburgh. /sarcasm