PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call: Who Bought a World Series RIng Raffle Ticket?

crazyozzie02
07-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Im bored and sick of watching ESPN to see who is getting traded, so im just seeing who spent the $20 to get a ticket. I did, but by the way the were advertising them, it doesnt look like they sold all of them. Just wondering what my chances are.

(I know i will get a this thread blows, but i dont care)

Soxfanspcu11
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
I bought 2 of them.

The last one I bought was at the last home game, the day game against Minnnesota.

The guy said that they had only sold 30,000 and did not expect to sell much more. They were trying for 100,000. So if you bought one, you have a decent shot!

I would probably have a heart attack if I won!

Chicken Dinner
07-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Got me one.

nug0hs
07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Seems to me based on the vigorous promotion that they havent been getting the turnout they hoped they'd get on this. I didnt get one.

ChiSoxGirl
07-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I bought one back in May and after hearing how many tickets had been sold, bought one more last Monday. And after finding out the kind of presentation they're going to do for the three winners (the EXACT same presentation they did for the players in April!), I had to get me one more! God, I SO want that ring! :praying:

itsnotrequired
07-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I bought one. Every time I saw the tables and ticket sellers I said to myself "You know, I should really get one of those. Bah, I'll do it later. Plenty of time!" Well, i was at the Monday game against the Twins and realized that this was the last homestand where I could get a ticket! Ticket purchased, crisis averted...

itsnotrequired
07-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Seems to me based on the vigorous promotion that they havent been getting the turnout they hoped they'd get on this. I didnt get one.

Assuming the tickets are numbered in sequential order, I would guess a little over 90,000 tickets have sold. My number is 90,000-something and I bought mine just a week ago. Only 100,000 tickets will be sold.

jake5824
07-31-2006, 03:27 PM
i bought 1 one on the internet awhile back. I hope online orders have as good a chance to win as the people who actually bought a live ticket

Andy T Clown
2 for me:cool:

Soxfanspcu11
Assuming the tickets are numbered in sequential order, I would guess a little over 90,000 tickets have sold. My number is 90,000-something and I bought mine just a week ago. Only 100,000 tickets will be sold.

That's not true. Check my post above, the guy selling the tickets said that they were at 30,000. This was last Wednesday.

ilsox7

At the game last Wednesday the girl trying to sell one to me said that she could not tell me exactly how many have been sold, but that it was less than half of the tickets available. I didn't buy one.

itsnotrequired
07-31-2006, 03:28 PM
That's not true. Check my post above, the guy selling the tickets said that they were at 30,000. This was last Wednesday.

I heard that number of around 30,000 but that was nearly two months ago. Perhaps I have been the victim of a ruse...or maybe you have.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I would probably have a heart attack if I won!

If you don't after being declared winner you will when you get your tax bill.

Be prepared to shell out your federal income tax rate and 3% more for state income taxes. If the fair market value is $30,000 you'll be paying around $10,000 total in income taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if all three winners end up selling their ring just to cover the taxes.

At least you don't have to pay FICA. :rolleyes:

The 16th Amendment - Pure Evil.

PS - Per an interview with Farmeo during the game last Wednesday just over 50,000 tickets were sold. I'd bet the final odds will be a 1 in 17,500 chance to win 1 of the 3 rings.

Soxfanspcu11
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I heard that number of around 30,000 but that was nearly two months ago. Perhaps I have been the victim of a ruse...or maybe you have.

It's possible. But the guy seemed pretty sincere. I don't know why the guy selling would lie to me, but like I said, all is possible.

FoulkeFan
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM

I'm pretty sure that they are numbered sequentially. I bought 5 tickets right after they went on sale and my numbers are in the 200's.

soxfan13
07-31-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that they are numbered sequentially. I bought 5 tickets right after they went on sale and my numbers are in the 200's.

Just bought my ticket on Saturday and is in the 19000 range. Would be hard to keep them sequential when they are selling them online and at the games.

Soxfanspcu11
07-31-2006, 03:32 PM

I bought the first of my 2 in late April and my number is 86,800.

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
I bought one ticket the day they went on sale. I'm surprised they didn't sell out. You think paying the taxes if you win scared some people away?

ChiSoxGirl
07-31-2006, 03:34 PM

I bought my first ticket at the ballpark not too long after they went on sale, and got number 78,000-something. I asked the girl if that's how many tickets had been sold already, and she said that they gave a certain chunk of numbers to the online sales and other raffle stations throughout the ballpark, etc. Just because my ticket number started with 78,000 doesn't mean I bought the 78,000th ticket.

There were over two months in between ticket purchases for me, and only 4,000 numbers separate my two tickets' numbers.

spiffie
07-31-2006, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if all three winners end up selling their ring just to cover the taxes.

Think if I won they'd let me put the name "Konerko" on it...just in homage of course? :cool:

ilsox7
07-31-2006, 03:37 PM
I bought one ticket the day they went on sale. I'm surprised they didn't sell out. You think paying the taxes if you win scared some people away?

For me it was the combination of having to pay taxes and also that rings are for players and White Sox employees. I am totally content with my shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc.

itsnotrequired
07-31-2006, 03:38 PM

Be prepared to shell out your federal income tax rate and 3% more for state income taxes. If the fair market value is $30,000 you'll be paying around $10,000 total in income taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if all three winners end up selling their ring just to cover the taxes.

If you win, couldn't you just turn it down? Or better yet, give it as a gift to your wife ala Shawshank Redemption.

KMKsuburbannoise
07-31-2006, 03:38 PM
got myself one and my uncle one. only takes one to win.

bryPt
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
bought 2.

He is a bigger question. You win it. Do you:

A) Keep it near and dear to your heart until you are taking a dirt nap knowing that you own a piece of the greatest Sox season you ever saw (then probably getting buried with it on)?

B) Sell it at some sports auction for 60-100k?

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM

Most definitely. I never buy a raffle ticket for a high priced merchandise prize. I'd love to have a World Series ring but I am not prepared to shell out the $10,000 in taxes to own it.

This is for charity but I think they should have tacked on an extra $5 for the ticket and covered the taxes with the winnings (total prize - $45,000 which is the ring (I'm estimating at $30,000 - it could be more or less) and 1/3 ($15,000) to cover the taxes. I would have bought a ticket under that scenario. I'd hate to win the ring and then have to sell it (or take a loan to pay for it). You also have to factor in increased insurance premiums as well.

If you win, couldn't you just turn it down? Or better yet, give it as a gift to your wife ala Shawshank Redemption.

As a CPA (ala Shawshank Redemption), I will guarantee the White Sox will not give you the ring unless you surrender your tax information. You will receive a 1099 indicating the value of the ring and you will be responsible for Federal and State income tax on that amount.

You can decline the gift and not be taxed for it (since you did not receive the "income"). If you donate the ring to a qualified Non For Profit you can deduct the fair market value of the ring by itemizing.

If you give it to your wife you will still be liable for the income tax (though not the gift tax). If you give it to a non spouse you may be subject to Gift Tax unless you elect to use a portion of your lifetime exemption (FMV less the annual exemption - $10 K IIRC) as well as the income tax.

ilsox7
07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Most definitely. I never buy a raffle ticket for a high priced merchandise prize. I'd love to have a World Series ring but I am not prepared to shell out the $10,000 in taxes to own it.

This is for charity but I think they should have tacked on an extra $5 for the ticket and covered the taxes with the winnings (total prize - $45,000 which is the ring (I'm estimating at $30,000 - it could be more or less) and 1/3 ($15,000) to cover the taxes. I would have bought a ticket under that scenario. I'd hate to win the ring and then have to sell it (or take a loan to pay for it).

Reports put the actual appraised value at less than 10K. If those are true, then the taxes won't be too awful. It was a reason I actually considere buying one. But in the end, I'm content with my hat and shirts.

Tekijawa
07-31-2006, 03:43 PM
I got one

thepaulbowski
07-31-2006, 03:51 PM
I had a brain cramp when I bought my raffle ticket. Since my wife is at the manager level for the accounting firm that audits White Sox Charities, it would be an independence violation for me to claim the ring if I actually won. Oh well, at least I donated $20 to charity.

DoubleO
07-31-2006, 03:53 PM
Got one here

Law11
07-31-2006, 03:59 PM
I bought 1.
I cant wait to wear it playing softball..

itsnotrequired
07-31-2006, 04:02 PM
As a CPA (ala Shawshank Redemption), I will guarantee the White Sox will not give you the ring unless you surrender your tax information. You will receive a 1099 indicating the value of the ring and you will be responsible for Federal and State income tax on that amount.

You can decline the gift and not be taxed for it (since you did not receive the "income"). If you donate the ring to a qualified Non For Profit you can deduct the fair market value of the ring by itemizing.

If you give it to your wife you will still be liable for the income tax (though not the gift tax). If you give it to a non spouse you may be subject to Gift Tax unless you elect to use a portion of your lifetime exemption (FMV less the annual exemption - $10 K IIRC) as well as the income tax.

So let me get this straight: You are personally guaranteeing that I will win and will not have to pay any taxes whatsoever. That's awesome!

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Reports put the actual appraised value at less than 10K. If those are true, then the taxes won't be too awful. It was a reason I actually considere buying one. But in the end, I'm content with my hat and shirts.

Th rings are worth around $20,000, meaning the taxes will be about $7,000 total which is less than my original guess which will be steep for many people.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Elliott/2006/05/14/1579442.html

The White Sox gave out about 432 rings, at an estimated cost of $20,000 US apiece...

$21,000 (total taxes for the three rings) divided by 55,000 tickets (the estimate for total sold) would be about $0.50 per ticket. I think they would have covered the $21,000 easy (1,050 extra tickets sold) by the extra sales caused by the fact people wouldn't have to worry about shelling out the taxes. Maybe they were prohibited from doing that based on State of Illinois raffle laws. :dunno:

So let me get this straight: You are personally guaranteeing that I will win and will not have to pay any taxes whatsoever. That's awesome!

I can't guarantee winning but if you donate your ring to my qualified 501 c 3 (IRS gobbledygook) charitable organization "SouthSide HitMen for life" you will not have to pay a single cent in taxes.

mjharrison72
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Best of luck to those of you who bought a ticket... I hope a WSIer wins one!

FoulkeFan
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
I bought my first ticket at the ballpark not too long after they went on sale, and got number 78,000-something. I asked the girl if that's how many tickets had been sold already, and she said that they gave a certain chunk of numbers to the online sales and other raffle stations throughout the ballpark, etc. Just because my ticket number started with 78,000 doesn't mean I bought the 78,000th ticket.

There were over two months in between ticket purchases for me, and only 4,000 numbers separate my two tickets' numbers.

Shows you what I know!:D:

At least our chances our better with only 30000 tickets sold. I figured the way they were pushing the raffle ticket sales lately that they weren't close to selling out. 1/30000 is still a pretty slim chance though and probably turns most people off.

buehrle4cy05
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
My dad got in on it, so if we win, I better get the ring.:tongue:

ilsox7
07-31-2006, 04:09 PM
Th rings are worth around $20,000, meaning the taxes will be about $7,000 total which is less than my original guess which will be steep for many people.

The White Sox gave out about 432 rings, at an estimated cost of $20,000 US apiece...

$21,000 (total taxes for the three rings) divided by 55,000 tickets (the estimate for total sold) would be about $0.50 per ticket. I think they would have covered the $21,000 easy (1,050 extra tickets sold) by the extra sales caused by the fact people wouldn't have to worry about shelling out the taxes. Maybe they were prohibited from doing that based on State of Illinois raffle laws. :dunno:

I thought a report came out after that giving an updated, lower value. But it may not have been correct. If they actually were 20K, wow. That means the organization dropped a cool 9MM on the rings.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-31-2006, 04:19 PM
I thought a report came out after that giving an updated, lower value. But it may not have been correct. If they actually were 20K, wow. That means the organization dropped a cool 9MM on the rings.

Maybe someone on Jewelers Row can weigh in. The rings have many diamonds and you have to add labor as well. I am sure he received a discount based on the size of the order and the publicity given to Jostens.

Shows you what I know!:D:

At least our chances our better with only 30000 tickets sold. I figured the way they were pushing the raffle ticket sales lately that they weren't close to selling out. 1/30000 is still a pretty slim chance though and probably turns most people off.

They announced just over half (50,000 of 100,000) of the total available tickets were sold as of last Wednesday (during the radio broadcast). Assuming they sell 4,000 more through today's deadline, there would be 54,000 tickets sold giving you a 1 in 17,000 chance in winning.

Since this is Chicago I expect to see Richard M Daley, John Daley and William Daley as the three "declared" winners. (Teal :dunno: )

HoosierHerb
07-31-2006, 04:20 PM
I bought 2 tickets. I will win 2 of the three rings, sell one for a hefty profit and use that to pay the taxes on the one I plan to keep. :cool:

Scottiehaswheels
07-31-2006, 04:28 PM
I bought 2 tickets. I will win 2 of the three rings, sell one for a hefty profit and use that to pay the taxes on the one I plan to keep. :cool:Thats what I did although I bought a total of 6 tickets over the past 3 months or so.... hopefully I win them all and can sell 2!:D:

LongLiveFisk
07-31-2006, 04:51 PM

:o:
I didn't even think of this before purchasing one. If I win, does anyone want to buy it from me? :D:

SABRSox
07-31-2006, 04:54 PM

PS - Per an interview with Farmeo during the game last Wednesday just over 50,000 tickets were sold. I'd bet the final odds will be a 1 in 17,500 chance to win 1 of the 3 rings.

I'm not sure about tax laws, but if you were to give that ring to someone as a gift, wouldn't you be tax exempt?

35th&Shields
07-31-2006, 04:55 PM

I just bought 1 ticket and it is in the 21,000 range and there are only two hours to go before they stop selling tickets.

woodsdavid
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
bought raffle ticket in April

MrRoboto83
07-31-2006, 05:45 PM
The government will never know about this ring I'm about to win and hide.:D:

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Hai!

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 05:49 PM

I can't guarantee winning but if you donate your ring to my qualified 501 c 3 (IRS gobbledygook) charitable organization "SouthSide HitMen for life" you will not have to pay a single cent in taxes.I've heard different numbers for the rings' value. Jewelry appraisal is pure fiction. It's commonplace for jewelry, especially diamonds, to appraise for more than twice its sale price. So is that $21,000 the appraisal price? And what is the value you'd have to declare for income tax purposes? The appraisal value or the real value?

ilsox7
07-31-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure about tax laws, but if you were to give that ring to someone as a gift, wouldn't you be tax exempt?

Not at all. I believe you can gift up to $10,000 dollars to someone. Beyond that and you have to pay taxes on it.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Not at all. I believe you can gift up to $10,000 dollars to someone. Beyond that and you have to pay taxes on it.You'd still have to pay income taxes on it unless you gave it to a qualified charity.

MarySwiss
07-31-2006, 06:04 PM

Got mine. And sorry, SSHM, but I will pay the taxes, although not gladly. But if it nets me a WS ring....

Wordwoman
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM

This afternoon my online ticket number was something like 20,900. I'm guessing they tally the online tickets separately.

o/~ Somebody's gotta lotto-------it might as well be me. o/~ (Could you tell I was singing there?)

Dansoxfan04
07-31-2006, 06:55 PM
I got five of them.

lloyder
07-31-2006, 06:57 PM
I bought 35. If they sell 54,000, I figure that's a one in 1542 chance. Here's hoping, right? Regardless, even if I don't win, the money's going to charity and seeing all the cool stuff the Sox have done at places like Mt. Greenwood Park kinda makes me feel good about it.

ws05champs
07-31-2006, 07:09 PM

Good point. So when I win my 2 rings (bought 2 tickets) if I replace the diamonds with fakes and sell the diamonds I should have enough to cover taxes and have 2 rings that most people will think are the real thing. They will look great with the Rolex I bought at Times Square for $30.

UofCSoxFan
07-31-2006, 07:35 PM
This is for charity but I think they should have tacked on an extra $5 for the ticket and covered the taxes with the winnings (total prize - $45,000 which is the ring (I'm estimating at $30,000 - it could be more or less) and 1/3 ($15,000) to cover the taxes. I would have bought a ticket under that scenario. I'd hate to win the ring and then have to sell it (or take a loan to pay for it).

I'm not a CPA and am just curious but would it be legal for them to pay the taxes on it? Wouldn't them paying the taxes (or giving you the money to pay the taxes) in itself be a prize of value that you would in turn have to pay MORE taxes on?

RealMenWearBlack
07-31-2006, 11:32 PM
I think that if someone at WSI wins, we should have some type of thing where we could have everyone who bought a ticket to pitch in $5 to $10. The only difficulty would be figuring out how to collect the money and getting proof that someone won. If 500 people at WSI bought tickets, we could get $2500 for the winner. I'd be more than happy to pitch in if someone here was to win.

ilsox7
07-31-2006, 11:48 PM
You'd still have to pay income taxes on it unless you gave it to a qualified charity.

Here's the language from the IRS so no one is confused:

Gift Tax The gift tax applies to the transfer by gift of any property. You make a gift if you give property (including money), or the use of or income from property, without expecting to receive something of at least equal value in return. If you sell something at less than its full value or if you make an interest-free or reduced interest loan, you may be making a gift.
The general rule is that any gift is a taxable gift. However, there are many exceptions to this rule. Generally, the following gifts are not taxable gifts.

Gifts that are not more than the annual exclusion for the calendar year.
Tuition or medical expenses you pay for someone (the educational and medical exclusions).
Gifts to your spouse.
Gifts to a political organization for its use.
Gifts to qualified charities (a deduction is available for these amounts). Annual Exclusion
A separate annual exclusion applies to each person to whom you make a gift. For 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, the annual exclusion is $11,000. Therefore, you generally can give up to $11,000 each to any number of people in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005, and $12,000 in 2006 and none of the gifts will be taxable.
If you are married, both you and your spouse can separately give up to $11,000 to the same person in 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005 ($12,000 in 2006) without making a taxable gift. If one of you gives more than $11,000/$12,000 to a person in any one of these years, refer to gift splitting in Publication 950 (http://www.irs.gov/publications/p950/index.html), Introduction to Estate and Gift Taxes.
Gifts to individuals are not deductible on the donor's income tax returns.

havelj
07-31-2006, 11:50 PM
got one.

SouthSide_HitMen
08-01-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm not a CPA and am just curious but would it be legal for them to pay the taxes on it? Wouldn't them paying the taxes (or giving you the money to pay the taxes) in itself be a prize of value that you would in turn have to pay MORE taxes on?

You are liable for paying taxes for $45,000 in income under this scenario - $30,000 for the ring and $15,000 for the cash prize. Since most people would pay around 30% (Federal and State) the cash would be enough to cover it.

Instead of paying taxes on $30,000 in income you are paying taxes on $45,000. This is how many CEOs get their stock and other extra compensation (taxes paid on top of the bonus, stock options, etc.) even though few add value to the stock price (above inflation and considering the cost of capital).

The only question of legality is the State of Illinois rules for raffles conducted by non for profits (White Sox Charities).

You are getting two concepts confused.

Income tax - you are required to pay tax on the value of the ring. This tax is due regardless what you do with the ring.

You can offset the income "received" from the ring by donating the ring to a qualified charity. Your income would be $30,000 and your itemized deduction would be $30,000 with a net $0 taxable income.

If you give your spouse a ring (or anything else) there are no tax ramifications. If you give the ring to anyone else you must also pay a gift tax for the amount above and beyond $12,000 ($18,000 in this scenario). You can use your lifetime exemption (for Estate (or Death) Tax) to avoid the gift tax by following the IRS regulations.

Ol' No. 2 - There are IRS regulations as to what the correct "income" amount would be for this prize. White Sox Charities is responsible for determining this amount and reporting this to the winner and IRS via a 1099 form.

MarySwiss - Glad you are able to pay the taxes on the ring. I am sorry the government will suck it out of you.

RadioheadRocks
08-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Bought two about a month ago at the ballpark. They did a fine job with these tickets (very nice quality card stock with cool pics of the ring and the championship celebration) and regardless of whether I win or lose they are damn fine keepsakes as well, plus the proceeds benefit White Sox Charities, so spending $40 for two chances is a win-win, at least IMHO.

Timmy D's
08-01-2006, 02:45 AM
I bought 3 on opening night, and 2 more since then. I honestly didnt think of the tax situation on these. I now dont know what I would/could do if I won.:(: I guess my only shot is to win 2, so I can sell one to pay the taxxes and insurance on the other.:?: :(: I also plan on winnin the 50/50 split that night as well. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice!!!:D:

southwstchi4life
08-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I bought one for the padre

LongLiveFisk
08-01-2006, 12:08 PM
I bought 3 on opening night, and 2 more since then. I honestly didnt think of the tax situation on these. I now dont know what I would/could do if I won.

I'm in the same boat. I'm in the market for a new home and can't really afford to drop thousands for this. Yeah, I know, my fault for not being educated in the ways of the financial world. :whiner:

cbotnyse
08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
:yoohoo: I got one. Someone has to win. Why not me? :dunno:

Thome25
08-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I wish I could buy one. I live out of state now so I'm not allowed to get one. I don't have anyone still living in Illinois who could pick one up for me either.

BeefyD
08-01-2006, 01:46 PM
bought 2.

He is a bigger question. You win it. Do you:

A) Keep it near and dear to your heart until you are taking a dirt nap knowing that you own a piece of the greatest Sox season you ever saw (then probably getting buried with it on)?

B) Sell it at some sports auction for 60-100k?

I personally would definately keep it, especially since it would have my last name on it.

Also, if you were to sell it, you would only end up getting fair market value, which is (best guess) about $20k. There are a couple player-used 1953 NY Yankees rings up at a couple of sports auctions. They may command bigger money, especially since one is Yogi Berra's, but honestly, you would not get 60-100k for it. Not even close.

Wait a couple of years.. Remember, 400+ people got rings. Some of the employees who are no longer with the club 5 years from now may need the $$$ and they'll slowly pop up. Not 100 of 'em, but probably 5-10 rings will be floating around.

LongLiveFisk
08-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I personally would definately keep it, especially since it would have my last name on it.

I heard this wasn't the case--that it was only going to say "#1 Fan" or something to that effect. Does anyone know for sure?

soxfan13
08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I heard this wasn't the case--that it was only going to say "#1 Fan" or something to that effect. Does anyone know for sure?

Has your name on it or should i say my name :D:

salty99
08-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I bought 1

ChiSoxGirl
08-01-2006, 04:11 PM

The winner will have his/her name engraved on their ring, just like the players and everyone else in the organization who received one. The rings that say "#1 Fan" are the replicas that the ring raffle ticket sales people were showcasing on lanyards around their necks. I put one of those on- twice- and in one word... AWESOME!

pauliemyhero14
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
i bought 2 one for my son and one for myself

HITMEN OF 77
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Fellow WSI member ewokpelts bought me 2.

SportsPg
08-01-2006, 07:05 PM
I bought one ticket on May 9th, my number is 10859.

If I win, I'll work with my accountant to keep the ring - hopefully I can deduct a bunch of new stuff this year to offset... :tongue:

bryPt
08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
anyone know when they will announce the winners? Can't find that anywhere.

The wife and I discussed this yesterday, we both we most definitely keep it. I would ask to get my fathers name engraved into it.

sox1970
08-01-2006, 07:14 PM
anyone know when they will announce the winners? Can't find that anywhere.

The wife and I discussed this yesterday, we both we most definitely keep it. I would ask to get my fathers name engraved into it.

I think I read the'll announce the winners August 8, and have the ceremony on August 25.

I bought one for me and one for my brother. If either of us win, we'll share it.

warehouse823
08-02-2006, 12:33 AM
The drawing will take place on Thursday August 10th. Originally the date was set for the 8th, but changed due to wanting to show it on television. I was one of the people selling the ring raffle tickets...got to wear the lanyard with the very close replica.

ChiSoxGirl
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
I was one of the people selling the ring raffle tickets...got to wear the lanyard with the very close replica.

Any word on the possible sale of those replicas? Not only the ones you lucky people got to wear on the lanyards, but maybe making other rings like it for sale?

BadBobbyJenks
08-02-2006, 02:01 AM
bought one, my dad bought one

Wsoxmike59
08-02-2006, 07:10 AM
I bought one too on the last Home Stand. Anybody know when the drawing is?