PDA

View Full Version : What better time to play KC?

stl_sox_fan
07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Okay I probably just jinxed them, but I am feeling pretty good about the Sox rolling into KC right now. Odalis Perez leads the Starting trio with 4 wins. Allthough to be fair Hudson technically is a reliever. True Sox batters have been making opposing pitchers contenders for the Cy Young award.

Now on the flip side, I seem to recall the KC trip last year being the start of the swoon. Mike Sweeney beat up on Garland and the Royals beat them in extra innings.

Now let's show no mercy, get the job done and get your swagger back. Sweep these guys and relax on Thursday.
:supernana::supernana::supernana:

Go Sox!! BA in CF for all three games!!

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Did you see KC just took 2 of 3 from Texas? We can't guarantee anything in any series. We just have to hope our boys play as flawless as possible. The ball is in their court with regards to them making the playoffs or not.

"wrong" sox fan
07-31-2006, 02:13 PM
It's kinda sad to see what has happened to KC. Great baseball town once.

batmanZoSo
07-31-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty excited for this game, probably as excited as I've been all year. The finish line is in sight and we have a big month coming up that we need to take advantage of. This has a chance to be a great month with a lot of potential and it starts with beating the ever-loving crap out of KC like they're supposed to. Anything less than a sweep is a big disappointment.

Chicken Dinner
07-31-2006, 02:18 PM
It's all about pitching. If we get it we will win. If we don't, ....................

stl_sox_fan
07-31-2006, 02:20 PM
It's all about pitching. If we get it we will win. If we don't, ....................

Totally agree. If Sandy can bring Mark out of whatever funk he's been in lately, this is a very doable sweep.

nebraskasox
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Did you see KC just took 2 of 3 from Texas? We can't guarantee anything in any series. We just have to hope our boys play as flawless as possible. The ball is in their court with regards to them making the playoffs or not.

I get many of the KC games here in Omaha. The Royals are playing much better now than earlier in the year. The Sox will have to battle every inning to win this series. There's nothing KC would like more than to knock off the Champs. It's all they have to play for. I expect this series to be tough but I also expect the Sox to win 2 of 3. A sweep would be sweet.

hawkjt
07-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Yes, KC is playing well right now. Perez is just the kind of lefty that gives us fits.

Can you imagine how hot it will be in KC? even at nite?

Sometimes I think it is just not meant to be- I see that Tampa puts wigginton and kazmir on 15 day DL just as the tigers come to town. Of course they will be back by the time we play them in late august. Kazmir will pitch against us again, bet on it.

The tigers have pretty much missed the top pitchers all season but we did last year so it evens out ,I guess.

stl_sox_fan
07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Yes, KC is playing well right now. Perez is just the kind of lefty that gives us fits.

Can you imagine how hot it will be in KC? even at nite?

I didn't even think about that. Each day here in St Louis has been the hottest day of the year lately. I know they are finally tuned athletic machines(thank you Bobby Boucher), but that has got to take a little bit of a toll on them. Jose will still be wearing the long sleeves tonight with a game time heat index of 100+.

beasly213
07-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Why Do I get the feeling that this will be another slug fest?

But the good news is we don't have to deal with Matt Stairs.

-Im Steve by the Way, a new poster to this fourm but have been a sox fan and going to games since I was 6. (22 now) Greetings to you all.

IspepAloc
07-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Why Do I get the feeling that this will be another slug fest?

But the good news is we don't have to deal with Matt Stairs.

-Im Steve by the Way, a new poster to this fourm but have been a sox fan and going to games since I was 6. (22 now) Greetings to you all.
:welcome:

We also don't have to deal with Affeldt and Bautista.

07-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Is Sweeney actually healthy?

Frater Perdurabo
07-31-2006, 04:57 PM
The Royals just bore the brunt of the Rangers' frustration over five straight losses.

Let's hope the Royals come into this series game both humbled and weakened, but also overconfident and distracted.

A quick sweep would do wonders for the Sox. It's all about padding that win total right now. I'm not interested in winning series; I'm interested in winning games, period.

Law11
07-31-2006, 04:59 PM
and matt stairs is gone...

soxfanreggie
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
This is a very important series. Seeing what the teams competing with us are doing, we cannot blow this series. We need to play like we know we can play, no matter what KC plays like.

bluestar
07-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Is Sweeney actually healthy?

He is still on his rehab assignment. He was playing in AA and was about to move to AAA the last I heard. He is not scheduled to be activated until after the series with the White Sox, if then, depending on how he does on the rehab.

Reggie Sanders has also been on the 15-day DL, and is scheduled to return any day now.

Mohoney
07-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Anything less than a sweep is a big disappointment.

It may sound nuts, but I have to agree.

You have to go 5-1 against the O's and Royals. You just have to. The game that they were allowed to piss away happened Sunday.

Jjav829
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
:vazquez:
"This is a horrible time to play KC. I just pitched yesterday, damnit! I could use another game against the Royals to help get my ERA down. I need to ask Ozzie if I could pitch Wednesday on two days rest."

WestSider
08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
It's kinda sad to see what has happened to KC. Great baseball town once.
I am in KC now, roadtripped from Chicago yesterday. The fans here are OK, I think they all are resolved to losing. Walking into the game yesterday, some KC fans saw we were Sox fans and said "Sox fans ... easy to cheer for a winner, try losing 100 games every season!" They said it with a smile and were joking ... maybe ...

Tons of empty seats (sometimes entire sections!) A seat a few rows behind the dugout is face value $21 each. Parking is $9 right next to the park. I like Kauffman Stadium.

We would enjoy this town more if it wasn't so freaking hot!!! It was 103 at KC airport when we landed yesterday. Today it is even too hot to sit by the pool!!

stl_sox_fan
08-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I am in KC now, roadtripped from Chicago yesterday. The fans here are OK, I think they all are resolved to losing. Walking into the game yesterday, some KC fans saw we were Sox fans and said "Sox fans ... easy to cheer for a winner, try losing 100 games every season!" They said it with a smile and were joking ... maybe ...

Tons of empty seats (sometimes entire sections!) A seat a few rows behind the dugout is face value $21 each. Parking is $9 right next to the park. I like Kauffman Stadium.

We would enjoy this town more if it wasn't so freaking hot!!! It was 103 at KC airport when we landed yesterday. Today it is even too hot to sit by the pool!!
I've made the three hour trip to Kaufman a couple of times. The fans that actually go to home games are true fans to their Royals. They've put up with a lot more than others. Never been bothered even when I'm wearing enemy colors.

Stay cool tonight....easier said than done I know. Here's to Mark getting them one step closer to a sweep!

It's 100+ in St Louis today, can only imagine game time temp at the Kauf tonight.
http://www.ksdk.com/assetpool/images/06819314_MON_14_TEMPERATURE_SIGNS.jpg