PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox and Twins are the teams

hawkjt
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
we will battle for the wildcard spot in the end.

I look for the yanks to pull away from the Red Sox and I see the Red Sox as more vulnerable than the yanks or twins. The sox need to handle the twins head to head and watch the AL East knock the jays and red sox around.

Sox are only a game back of the Red Sox on July 31. We can catch them.

"wrong" sox fan
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
The yanks did just get a lot better. Boston is getting Wells back today, if Wells is healthy enough to have an ERA in the 4s while eating innings I think Boston can stay even with the Yanks, due the amount of home games Boston has to play.

If Well's is not healthy and Boston does not get anymore help before 4 Pm today, well then they are in trouble.

They are listed as a 69% to make the post season at cool standings, but that does not take NY's new RF into consideration.

DumpJerry
07-31-2006, 12:34 PM
The yanks did just get a lot better. Boston is getting Wells back today, if Wells is healthy enough to have an ERA in the 4s while eating innings I think Boston can stay even with the Yanks, due the amount of home games Boston has to play.

If Well's is not healthy and Boston does not get anymore help before 4 Pm today, well then they are in trouble.

They are listed as a 69% to make the post season at cool standings, but that does not take NY's new RF into consideration.
What are "cool" standings?
I don't think Abreu will help the Spanks all that much. He hasn't done much since the HR Derby last year. The fact that the ESPN boys were all over themselves at the prospect of him coming means he is not as big as they think.
What the Spanks need is pitching. They don't have it. They got a NL pitcher in the deal. NL pitchers are at a disadvantage in the AL-no NL batters.

Chicken Dinner
07-31-2006, 12:37 PM

Wells doesn't eat innings, he eats food!

drewcifer
07-31-2006, 12:46 PM
What are "cool" standings?
I don't think Abreu will help the Spanks all that much. He hasn't done much since the HR Derby last year. The fact that the ESPN boys were all over themselves at the prospect of him coming means he is not as big as they think.
What the Spanks need is pitching. They don't have it. They got a NL pitcher in the deal. NL pitchers are at a disadvantage in the AL-no NL batters.
:nod: I 100% agree.

I also hope to God this turns out to be a disaster. He's guaranteed $15M in 07 (with an NTC), so if he tanks, they'll be out $21M for a bust over a season and 2 mos...

@4M pro-rated for next 2 months
15M next year
2M buyout in '08

I love seeing Steinbrenner's money get wasted. :D:

getonbckthr
07-31-2006, 01:00 PM
The Yankees are still weak defensively and pitching wise, Lidle isn't the answer. Now they will have a returning Sheffield who will be returning with an attitude problem cause either A) he will be benched or B) he will be asked to move position like 1st base. Sure Abreu will add maybe a 1/2 to a run opposed to Sheffield in right but how many additional runs will Sheffield and Giambi give up playing 1st?

"wrong" sox fan
07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
www.coolstanding.com

I wish I was as calm about the yanks as you guys... but maybe it's all the bad memories screwing with my head.