PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: McCarthy/BA/Minor Leaguers for Livan Hernandez/Soriano??

hillbilly
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on this trade. I dont know if it is enough to get both of these guys but, I think it would be good for both teams. Especially if Livan would want to resign here for another year or two considering ozzie has a way with getting guys to do that. We would give up on BA but we have enough close to ready OF's in the minors to make up for him next year if we don't re sign sorian (which is most likely). I think it would be a great move, just curious what everyone on here thinks.....

ShoelessJoeS
07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on this trade. I dont know if it is enough to get both of these guys but, I think it would be good for both teams. Especially if Livan would want to resign here for another year or two considering ozzie has a way with getting guys to do that. We would give up on BA but we have enough close to ready OF's in the minors to make up for him next year if we don't re sign sorian (which is most likely). I think it would be a great move, just curious what everyone on here thinks.....:puking:

TheOldRoman
07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
I really like Hernandez, but he is not the pitcher he used to be. I don't know if he is injured this year, or what. His numbers are far worse than our pitchers now, and he is in the NL. We don't need Livan.

chaotic8512
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on this trade. I dont know if it is enough to get both of these guys but, I think it would be good for both teams. Especially if Livan would want to resign here for another year or two considering ozzie has a way with getting guys to do that. We would give up on BA but we have enough close to ready OF's in the minors to make up for him next year if we don't re sign sorian (which is most likely). I think it would be a great move, just curious what everyone on here thinks.....

1) You must have missed out on the Soriano discussion last week.

2) No, no, no, and no freakin' way.

Deuce
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on this trade. I dont know if it is enough to get both of these guys but, I think it would be good for both teams. Especially if Livan would want to resign here for another year or two considering ozzie has a way with getting guys to do that. We would give up on BA but we have enough close to ready OF's in the minors to make up for him next year if we don't re sign sorian (which is most likely). I think it would be a great move, just curious what everyone on here thinks.....Based on Hernandez and Soriano's salaries alone, I would guarentee this would never happen. And given the potential of Bmac and BrAndo, I wouldn't make it if the Nats were offering.

DaleJRFan
07-31-2006, 11:59 AM
:puking:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Domeshot17
07-31-2006, 11:59 AM
While im not opposed to trading Brandon or Brian (Both could be very good, or they could be the next Kip Wells and Jeremy Reed). I think this is too much. I could See Brandon Sweeney and Rogo for These 2 and Cash, maybe with Rauch also coming back, but even that could be a big stretch.

hold2dibber
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
No way, not a chance, not interested, never, ever, ever. Hernandez just isn't any good (he's been even worse than Vazquez this year -- and he's in the NL!) and Soriano doesn't fix any flaw on the Sox and would only be a 2 month rental. Giving up the team's top 2 young major-league-ready players (McCarthy and Anderson) for those 2 would be absolutely insane.

caulfield12
07-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Hernandez, who used to throw in the 90's, was clocked recently as having one of the five slowest fastballs (on average) in the majors this year, around 84 MPH. This is the same list that has Moyer and Wakefield. Trust me, we want nothing to do with Hernandez, and nobody else does either.

chaerulez
07-31-2006, 12:20 PM
At this point in both of their careers:

McCarthy > Hernandez

And we don't need Soriano.

samram
07-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Hernandez, who used to throw in the 90's, was clocked recently as having one of the five slowest fastballs (on average) in the majors this year, around 84 MPH. This is the same list that has Moyer and Wakefield. Trust me, we want nothing to do with Hernandez, and nobody else does either.

Agreed. Hernandez has thrown a ton of innings over the last four or five years and it looks like it's caught up with him- sound familiar, Sox fans?

:burly"Why is everyone looking at me?"

DaleJRFan
07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
If the Sox need a starter.. and the Phillies are busy dumping players, how about Brett Myers? Granted he has "emotional problems" but the guy can pitch...

INSox56
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
:kukoo:

BeviBall!
07-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Livan is toast. Toast.

A. Cavatica
07-31-2006, 12:33 PM
This is about as bad a trade as the Sox could ever make.

Thome25
07-31-2006, 12:35 PM
:bong: What is with all of the moron threads today? I think some people should lay off the "happy pills".

getonbckthr
07-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to a Sweeney, Rogowski, Broadway or Liotta deal for Soriano and Armas then move Javy and Armas for Flash and a prospect. Slide Bmac into the 5th spot and Flash into Bmacs spot. There our staff doesn't weaken our bullpen is stronger our line up is stronger and the trade ends up as Sweeney, Vazquez and a minor league pitcher for Soriano, Flash and Bmac.

Ol' No. 2
07-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Cue the Freddy Garcia tag...

StatHead21
07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
McCarthy is better than Livan....

TDog
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
What is everyone's thoughts on this trade. ....

My thoughts are that I am glad this isn't a trade but something limited to your imagination.