PDA

View Full Version : Phils dump another player

russ99
07-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Rheal Cormier to the Reds for a AAA starter.

If the Phillies are in such a massive "sell everyone" phase, maybe Kenny can pry Rowand away with a couple of mid-level prospects? :tongue:

RKMeibalane
07-31-2006, 10:48 AM
Rheal Cormier to the Reds for a AAA starter.

If the Phillies are in such a massive "sell everyone" phase, maybe Kenny can pry Rowand away with a couple of mid-level prospects? :tongue:

I'm still holding out for Ryan Howard.

Yes, I know I'm bordering on the unhealthy obsession stage. :cool:

chaotic8512
07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
I'm still holding out for Ryan Howard.

Yes, I know I'm bordering on the unhealthy obsession stage. :cool:

Gotta ask it...

:hawk

"Where's he gonna play?"

DaleJRFan
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
This is a nice deal for the Reds. Even though Cormier is a soft tosser, he is brutal on lefthanded batters... In addition to Cormier, they also grabbed Lohse. Might be good for him to move to the NL. Maybe he'll pull a Arroyo and put up Cy Young numbers in that AAAA division mistaken as the NL Central.

DaleJRFan
07-31-2006, 02:21 PM
from RotoWorld:

Reds signed LHP Rheal Cormier to a one-year, $2.25 million extension through 2007 with an option for 2008.

It was a condition of the trade, as Cormier wasn't going to waive his 10-and-5 rights unless he got an extension. The Reds are probably overpaying to keep him, but they didn't give up much to get him and it's only a one-year extension.

RKMeibalane
07-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Gotta ask it...

"Where's he gonna play?"

He can play LF while Pods shifts to CF and platoons with Anderson. He actually has taken fly balls in the past because the Phils thought they'd have to move him with Thome still on the team. :cool:

rowand33
07-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Gotta ask it...

"Where's he gonna play?"

[half teal]
Well, he can't be worse in center than Mack...
[/half teal]