PDA

View Full Version : Angels GM on WSCR

DrCrawdad
02-18-2002, 12:05 PM
The Angels GM (can't remember his name at the moment) was on the Score with Boers/Bernstein.

Angels GM is pointing fingers at someone in the White Sox organization for the Garland/Singleton for Erstad trade fizzle. He says that an unnamed person in the Sox front office leaked the trade to an unnamed sports radio station and then the Angels backed out of the deal.

Sound logical to you?

czalgosz
02-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
The Angels GM (can't remember his name at the moment) was on the Score with Boers/Bernstein.

Angels GM is pointing fingers at someone in the White Sox organization for the Garland/Singleton for Erstad trade fizzle. He says that an unnamed person in the Sox front office leaked the trade to an unnamed sports radio station and then the Angels backed out of the deal.

Sound logical to you?

Well, whoever did it, I'm glad it didn't happen.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-18-2002, 12:16 PM

Sound logical to you?

Oh, brother. Kenny Williams can't buy a break. Even the Angels' GM isn't disputing that it was their side that nixed the deal. While I have no doubt KW is capable of fouling up a trade (can't imagine how I ever came to that conclusion!), this smells of somebody in the Angels organization trying to save face.

:KW
"I've got a target on my back that must be ten-feet wide."

:dumbash
"All because I'm too stupid to know what 'caveat emptor' means."

:tool
"Don't go into the used car business, Gord."

RichH55
02-18-2002, 12:17 PM

Sound logical to you?

Sounds like a guy trying to cover for himself essentially.......Im not sure if its the same guy, but he bargained in good faith and got shot down by his superiors---not exactly a ringing endorsement and not something he is going to spin like I just did

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 12:34 PM

Sound logical to you?

Guess KW was Lying on radio waves then huh? Yeah right! This is one I don't blame KW for, but I would be pissed at him if the deal was done. Figure that one out.

Foulke You
02-18-2002, 12:47 PM
I have to agree that the Angels GM sounds like he's pointing the finger at the Sox when everyone knows it was the Supreme Executive entity known as Walt Disney that shot that deal to pieces. He should be a man and own up to it. Besides, how would leaking the deal to a radio station make one bit of difference? That stuff happens all the time.

:KW
Hey, you can't blame me for THIS one!

:hitless
Yeah! That Angels guy better lay off the man who brought ME here! The Angels GM is just jealous because they lost out on me!

Jjav829
02-18-2002, 01:52 PM

Sound logical to you?

I listened to that and you could tell Bill Stoneman was lying. He just wanted to take the pressure off his team. Unlike previous reports that the deal was nixed because Garland and Singleton didn't have name value, he basically said the deal was never even agreed upon and said that they had similar talks with other teams but those other teams didn't report their talks. What a tool!

Dadawg_77
02-18-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I listened to that and you could tell Bill Stoneman was lying. He just wanted to take the pressure off his team. Unlike previous reports that the deal was nixed because Garland and Singleton didn't have name value, he basically said the deal was never even agreed upon and said that they had similar talks with other teams but those other teams didn't report their talks. What a tool!

I didn't hear it but sounds a bit like the Kemp for Scottie deal that never happen. The owener of the sonics also owned the sports talk radio station in Seatlle. People filled the radio switchboards complaining about the deal and it was nixed.

longshot7
02-18-2002, 03:03 PM
yeah, that's the first time I've heard that, and I live here.

LongDistanceFan
02-18-2002, 04:17 PM
either way, i am glad the trade never went through.

btw......... what does dr. crawdad means?

DrCrawdad
02-18-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
either way, i am glad the trade never went through.

btw......... what does dr. crawdad means?

I'm not a medical doctor, but I've been playing doctor for years.

DrCrawdad is my "handle" to borrow a little CB lingo. But since you've asked, Crawdad is a nick name taken from my family name. My brothers were also called Crawdad so I've added my first two initials - D.R. And whalah ...DrCrawdad!

LongDistanceFan
02-19-2002, 06:21 AM

I'm not a medical doctor, but I've been playing doctor for years.

DrCrawdad is my "handle" to borrow a little CB lingo. But since you've asked, Crawdad is a nick name taken from my family name. My brothers were also called Crawdad so I've added my first two initials - D.R. And whalah ...DrCrawdad! thanks