PDA

View Full Version : Why is Mackowiak hitting 6th against Chen

caulfield12
07-30-2006, 11:52 AM
I wish Ozzie would just play Anderson and stop this nonsense.

The guy is hitting the ball well and playing sound defense...he would have had two doubles yesterday if not for the play of the game by Corey P.

So, because Mackowiak is 3 for 5 lifetime against Chen, we bench Anderson and put him ahead of Crede in the line-up?

And with Javier pitching, you know there will be quite a few balls hit to the outfield as well.

JUribe1989
07-30-2006, 11:59 AM
Anderson played the first 2 games and Mackowiak is hitting .310 with a pinch hit in the 9th inning of the Ross Gload slam game. He deserves to play this game.

07-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Whatever. Mack is a utility guy,
KEEP HIM IN HIS ROLE

caulfield12
07-30-2006, 12:08 PM
At this point in the season, we shouldn't be platooning.

If you want to pull any starter out of the line-up, it should be Pods.

But I guess because Pods is 3 for 6 lifetime versus Chen (who hasn't hit the guy?), he gets to keep his place in the line-up after yesterday?

Heck, I would rather have Gload hitting leadoff and taking LF over...

TheOldRoman
07-30-2006, 12:10 PM
You know who doesn't need a day off right now? Brian Anderson

You know who DESPERATELY needs a day off right now? CREDE AND DYE

Crede and Dye are my two favorite players, but they have looked just awful lately. Aside from Dye's hitting last night, they had both been in a "swining for the fences" rut, especially Crede. Joe is getting frustrated and falling back to his old form by popping everything up. Dye is getting bad reads on the balls, not hustling to make catches, and lobbing the ball back into the infield. Crede has looked two steps slower lately, and is letting lots of balls get by him that he would have had in April or May. I love Crede and Dye, but I want to see both of them get a day off per series for the next month.

My lineup today: Gload in RF, Mackowiak at 3rd

Ol' No. 2
07-30-2006, 12:15 PM
You know who doesn't need a day off right now? Brian Anderson

You know who DESPERATELY needs a day off right now? CREDE AND DYE

Crede and Dye are my two favorite players, but they have looked just awful lately. Aside from Dye's hitting last night, they had both been in a "swining for the fences" rut, especially Crede. Joe is getting frustrated and falling back to his old form by popping everything up. Dye is getting bad reads on the balls, not hustling to make catches, and lobbing the ball back into the infield. Crede has looked two steps slower lately, and is letting lots of balls get by him that he would have had in April or May. I love Crede and Dye, but I want to see both of them get a day off per series for the next month.

My lineup today: Gload in RF, Mackowiak at 3rdI agree they both need days off, but I don't want to see Gload in RF and Mackowiak at 3B. Besides, Gload is playing 1B today. Put Mackowiak in RF and play Anderson in CF today. Give Crede a day off tomorrow with Cintron at 3B.

DSpivack
07-30-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree they both need days off, but I don't want to see Gload in RF and Mackowiak at 3B. Besides, Gload is playing 1B today. Put Mackowiak in RF and play Anderson in CF today. Give Crede a day off tomorrow with Cintron at 3B.

Mackowiak can play 3B, too, no? Just a thought.

WSox597
07-30-2006, 02:07 PM
What is Mackowiak's normal position? I know he plays quite a few, but CF should not be one of them.

I like the guy's hitting, and the story on him is he's a good defensive player. From what I've seen, it's not in CF.

Nothing against him, glad he's with the team. I'm just curious, is he an infielder by trade?

Lip Man 1
07-30-2006, 04:25 PM
When the deal was made both Kenny and Ozzie said he's be a corner outfield and back up 3rd baseman.

To a certain extent (despite the public statements) I think both Kenny and Ozzie (Ozzie in particular) aren't completely 'sold' on Anderson yet.

Lip

MadetoOrta
07-30-2006, 04:29 PM
When the deal was made both Kenny and Ozzie said he's be a corner outfield and back up 3rd baseman.

To a certain extent (despite the public statements) I think both Kenny and Ozzie (Ozzie in particular) aren't completely 'sold' on Anderson yet.

Lip

Brian Anderson hs had no bearing on the Sox's 4.80 team ERA. If anything, he's kept it from being over 5.00.

areilly
07-30-2006, 05:54 PM

Lip

When the deal was made, Ozzie and Kenny probably had no idea BA would be hitting .213 after 221 at-bats. So they improvise with Rob in CF.

Frater Perdurabo
07-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Brian Anderson hs had no bearing on the Sox's 4.80 team ERA. If anything, he's kept it from being over 5.00.

Word.

In addition to his exceptional defense (he had a catch that preserved the win yesterday - at catch that Mackowiak likely would not have made) Anderson has hit .322 with an .831 OPS and a .336 OBP in July. Are those numbers deserving of a platoon situation? If so, Pods ought to have a platoon partner in left, since his July OBP - as the leadoff hitter - is .326.

Not only should Anderson be starting at least six days each week, but maybe he ought to be given serious consideration as the leadoff hitter, too.

bryPt
07-31-2006, 06:50 AM
How many times has the opening day lineup played this year? Ozzie needs to start the starters, this is getting old. real old. What is Ozzie saving them for, 3rd place finish?

jenn2080
07-31-2006, 07:22 AM
What is Mackowiak's normal position? I know he plays quite a few, but CF should not be one of them.

I like the guy's hitting, and the story on him is he's a good defensive player. From what I've seen, it's not in CF.

Nothing against him, glad he's with the team. I'm just curious, is he an infielder by trade?

The better question is who is our normal starters

Beer Can Chicken
07-31-2006, 07:55 AM

Yes, he was originally an infielder by trade, primarily 3B/2B.