PDA

View Full Version : Chacon for Lohse

caulfield12
07-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Not a done deal, but probably will be soon...

Two struggling starters with a "what's the worst thing that could happen?" by changing teams and environments approach...

The Twins, with Radke taking cortisone shots and retiring next season (he looked horrible last night and never got loose against the Tigers), are desperate for 4th and 5th starters, although they're apparently committed to Baker for a couple more starts.

A lot of pressure on Ryan and Gardenhire to bring up top prospect Matt Garza from last year's draft...we will just have to wait and see how long they can afford to wait.

JUribe1989
07-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Kyle Lohse is nowhere near the talent level that Shawn Chacon is. I hope that this doesn't go through. I don't think Kyle Lohse has ever even showed promise. The Twinkies sent him down for Boof Bonser earlier in the year.

Nellie_Fox
07-31-2006, 01:32 AM
Kyle Lohse is nowhere near the talent level that Shawn Chacon is. I hope that this doesn't go through. I don't think Kyle Lohse has ever even showed promise. The Twinkies sent him down for Boof Bonser earlier in the year.Lohse got sent down for attitude problems more than his skill potential. Good stuff, extremely bad mentally. Blames everyone else on the team when things don't go well, once took a bat to the manager's office door after Gardenhire took him out of a game. I think the only reason he's even on the major league roster right now is the slim hope of enhancing his trade value.