PDA

View Full Version : Nice story about getting tickets

QCIASOXFAN
07-30-2006, 01:05 AM
My dad is a Lt.Colonial in the Army and went to the Sox game with my two brothers and my uncle on Wednesday. They heard the game was sold out on the radio while they were driving to the game. He assumed they were going to have to scalp tickets but went up to the window to try and buy some at the last minute anyway. He showed the lady his Military ID while trying to buy tickets so he could get his military discount. She told him that the game was sold out but to hold on a minute. She then came back and asked how many tickets they needed. The lady went on to give him 4 standing room only tickets for free! Apparently they could get in the lower bowl with these tickets and saw some prime seats about 15 rows behind homeplate that they sat in! I though that was really awesome, the only part I hated was I could not attend the game with them!

dickallen15
07-30-2006, 09:52 AM
My dad is a Lt.Colonial in the Army and went to the Sox game with my two brothers and my uncle on Wednesday. They heard the game was sold out on the radio while they were driving to the game. He assumed they were going to have to scalp tickets but went up to the window to try and buy some at the last minute anyway. He showed the lady his Military ID while trying to buy tickets so he could get his military discount. She told him that the game was sold out but to hold on a minute. She then came back and asked how many tickets they needed. The lady went on to give him 4 standing room only tickets for free! Apparently they could get in the lower bowl with these tickets and saw some prime seats about 15 rows behind homeplate that they sat in! I though that was really awesome, the only part I hated was I could not attend the game with them!

Military personnel get comped at every game except the Premier and Cubs, I believe. Its a nice gesture by the Sox, and its most deserving as well.

soxfanreggie
07-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Great for the Sox to do this, but great for our servicemen and women to be able to enjoy the game. I know my friend's mom, a Chicago Police Lt. gets comped tickets too.

ChiSoxFan7
07-30-2006, 12:01 PM
this makes me smile. who ever had that idea of comp-ing....kudos to them.

spiffie
07-30-2006, 12:03 PM
I eagerly await the posts ripping on the Lt. Col. for stealing someone else's property and being nothing more than a petty criminal for taking those seats they weren't entitled to.

Seriously though, that is a wonderful story, and very nice to see the Sox taking care of the men and women in uniform.