PDA

View Full Version : How will we react?


RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 04:43 AM
I remember many Sox prospects coming up throught the years. I remember Thomas got a standing O in 1990. Everyone knew who he was. Not evetyone knew who Ventura was or maggs. Is it mainly the internet people that know and look forward to the minor leaguers? With many more Sox fans having access to sports info now via internet, I think guys like Borchard, Rauch, Malone and Maybe a few otehrs might get a real warm welcoming at Comiskey. I was surprised though. At Comiskey seeing how many people were asking who Rowand was. It kind of pisses me off too. I would just hope there are more aSox suporters like us out there that have read about these guys and know what they are capable of. It could help the attendance also. Just my opinion.

Meatpants
02-18-2002, 12:09 PM
I think most core fans are more into prospects/recruiting than ever. I mean, Lebron James was on the cover of SI. Lorenzo Booker's declaration for FSU was carried live on ESPN. I think there will be genuine buzz when Jon Rauch makes his first start, etc.

At the very least, they'll be played up in the local media which would give casual fans a heads up.

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 01:45 PM
I think Rauch and Borchard will be the most well known when they get here. Chis Honel also because he's a local boy. Anyone know how he's doing? He had some elbow problems right?

kermittheefrog
02-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Imagine the fans who don't know Rauch when Rauch debuts. "WHO THE HELL IS THAT GUY? HE'S LIKE 10 FEET TALL!"

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Imagine the fans who don't know Rauch when Rauch debuts. "WHO THE HELL IS THAT GUY? HE'S LIKE 10 FEET TALL!"

LOL! Where did he come from?

Dadawg_77
02-18-2002, 03:17 PM
Great sig RPS.

Back to the subject...
Rauch will be known just becuase he owns a nice piece of gold along with some other Americans. Borchard might be know to since he got the 5 million dollar bonus. Other then those two most people will wonder about the young guys.

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Great sig RPS.

Back to the subject...
Rauch will be known just becuase he owns a nice piece of gold along with some other Americans. Borchard might be know to since he got the 5 million dollar bonus. Other then those two most people will wonder about the young guys.

Thanx . I couldn't resist the pic when i saw it.

Anyway,

I agree that everyone should know Borchard and Rauch. It's a shame that not everyone that goes to the park knows the other big names coming up that we always talk about.

MattSharp
02-18-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I think Rauch and Borchard will be the most well known when they get here. Chis Honel also because he's a local boy. Anyone know how he's doing? He had some elbow problems right?

For future reference he spells is Kris.

RedPinStripes
02-19-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp


For future reference he spells is Kris.

Damn......I knew that too. I don't know why i still do that.

ode to veeck
02-19-2002, 08:36 AM
I don't remember Frank's rookie standing O. I remember pointing him out to a lot of fans who didn't know who he was during some of those last few games at the old ballpark--I'm might have some Frank slides from Gammon Sox games that Sept in the archives somewhere--will have to take a look around for those

RedPinStripes
02-19-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
I don't remember Frank's rookie standing O. I remember pointing him out to a lot of fans who didn't know who he was during some of those last few games at the old ballpark--I'm might have some Frank slides from Gammon Sox games that Sept in the archives somewhere--will have to take a look around for those

I remember being at one of his first games at the old park and him getting a standing O, and not just from me. :smile:

foulkesfan11
02-19-2002, 08:58 PM
I will most certainly give the new guys a good reaction! I made signs up last year like "We want Crede!" and "Bring up Borchard"

We have a lot of young talent that needs to be given a chance!

:kelly

duke of dorwood
02-19-2002, 11:05 PM
I was there for Danny Wright's first game and he received a lot of support. I think us older fans have been thru so many rebuilding processes, that we follow future prospects a lot closer now and with great anticipation. This is one of the great things about WSI.