PDA

View Full Version : *Official* We're done crapping our pants in the gamethread thread!

Chips
07-29-2006, 08:25 PM
:winner

Another W. :bandance:

buehrle4cy05
07-29-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't care how they did it, I just care that they did it. Back in the lead for the Wild Card.

gbergman
07-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Woohoo!!!! Thats another W. 39 more would be great

Kub_Killer_15
07-29-2006, 08:26 PM
2 game winning streak:bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
07-29-2006, 08:27 PM
This game is oooovvvvvaaaaaaaaa!:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

Chips
This game is oooovvvvvaaaaaaaaa!:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

Finally.

PAPChiSox729
Groovy.

JB98
Man, I had to leave the gamethread in the sixth inning. The people who want to trade McCarthy for Soriano were starting to take over.

I wish we would pitch better, but beggars can't be choosers right now. We'll take any win we can get, and the offense appears to be coming around. Lots of clutch hits and some good two-out hitting today.

Chips
07-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Why the name change?:(:

MrRoboto83
07-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Man, I had to leave the gamethread in the sixth inning. The people who want to trade McCarthy for Soriano were starting to take over.

I wish we would pitch better, but beggars can't be choosers right now. We'll take any win we can get, and the offense appears to be coming around. Lots of clutch hits and some good two-out hitting today.

I wonder where all the McCarthy to the starting rotation people were?:D:

CaptainBallz
07-29-2006, 08:30 PM
That was brutal. It looked good when I was leaving the Grinder Bash at 5... Two hours later...Finally over...

Glad it ended up in our favor... Keep it rollin'

rowand33
07-29-2006, 08:30 PM
let's bring out the brooms tomorrow.

the magic number in my sig based on nothing but pure speculation goes down to 34!

:gulp:

in other news... Pods... ugh.

I really don't expect leadoff help at the deadline. Pods has to get it together.

southwstchi4life
07-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Huge Win. We need the sweep, gain some ground back

A. Cavatica
07-29-2006, 08:31 PM

One bad outing. Talk to me tomorrow. :cool:

rowand33
07-29-2006, 08:32 PM

I still have more confidence in B.Mac than I do in Vazquez

sox aka champs
07-29-2006, 08:33 PM
2 in a row :)

JB98

Huh? I'm in the "stand pat" group. I wouldn't cry if Vazquez got traded and McCarthy moved into the rotation, but I'm comfortable with what we have.

SoxandtheCityTee
Why the name change?:(:

What'd you have originally?

soxfanatlanta
07-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Jesus, what happened? 10-3
I eat,
Put the boy to bed,
Take the dogs for their walk,

And come back to a slugfest. With these guys, no lead is safe.

Nice to see the O for a change.

doctorlecter
Wow, when was the last time that we jumped all over someone we haven't seen before?

Chips
What'd you have originally?

Sox Win.

sox647
crapping our pants?:D: mercy!

welcome back sanity...:gulp:

DrCrawdad
Me happy!

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shops/50000/49334/motives/49334_551413_big.gif

SoxShirt
07-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Thank God its over! Go Sox!:D:

doctorlecter
07-29-2006, 08:40 PM
It could be the 18 holes of golf, but I'm exhausted after that one!

Chisox353014
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Thank you Sox for providing a tasty cupcake in what has been a steaming turdlet of a day for me (see: Parking Lot thread).

JB98
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Wow, when was the last time that we jumped all over someone we haven't seen before?

Jason Marquis? I don't recall facing him at any point prior to the interleague series we played against St. Louis in June.

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Great Win...bad game.

Hitters did what the needed and should do, take advantage of a rookie starter and bad pen...strung together runs off of singles and HR....

AJ, awesome game...great hitting

Pods, suspect Defense again, base-running mmmmm - something is up there with him.

Pitching - just bad....Garland off, Pen...terrible

3 consecutive innings of men on 2 and 3 with no outs....darn

But it is a win, and hopefully will help our confidence....I enjoy the win...just my stomach is in about 10 knots...beer will help though, and so does regaining the Wildcard...

:walkoff:
You can thank me later....

sox1970
07-29-2006, 08:46 PM
let's bring out the brooms tomorrow.

the magic number in my sig based on nothing but pure speculation goes down to 34!

It'll take more than 95 wins to take the wildcard. Add 2.

caulfield12
07-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Why was Iguchi trying to cover 2nd base on the steal attempt in the 9th? That run doesn't matter, does it?

How did Uribe get at all the way past 2nd base with no outs on Anderson's ball?

How could Pods' have had a worse game if it weren't for that defensive play he made?

How could we leave McCarthy out there for so long that he could actually lose Garland (and the White Sox) the game?

MrRoboto83
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
13-11 Sox Win.....Now that sounds like 2006 White Sox baseball. Everything is back to normal.:D:

rowand33
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
It'll take more than 95 wins to take the wildcard. Add 2.

Well, it's not like I'm gonna be pissed if we win more :D:

but I'd take my chances with 95.

the twins won't play .700 ball for two more months, we're ahead of the yanks as of right now.

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Best thing about tonight, we took advantage of the situation...

NY lost..

and we are guaranteed to pick up a game on either MN of Detroit.

we didn't let the opportunity pass us by and give up the chance to make up some ground....

Not bad guys...at least we got there.:gulp: :gulp: :bandance:

Ol' No. 2
07-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Why was Iguchi trying to cover 2nd base on the steal attempt in the 9th? That run doesn't matter, does it?

How could Pods' have had a worse game if it weren't for that defensive play he made?

How could we leave McCarthy out there for so long that he could actually lose Garland (and the White Sox) the game?How could you be bitching so much after a win?

JB98
07-29-2006, 08:55 PM

How could we leave McCarthy out there for so long that he could actually lose Garland (and the White Sox) the game?

Just be glad we won. No, it wasn't pretty. But it's been raining **** on us for the last two weeks, so I'd prefer not to dwell on the negatives after a victory.

MrRoboto83
07-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Just be glad we won. No, it wasn't pretty. But it's been raining **** on us for the last two weeks, so I'd prefer not to dwell on the negatives after a victory.

You are correct. We all need to be happy the Sox are hitting and winning. A win is a win.

sox647
07-29-2006, 08:59 PM

amen!

Chips
07-29-2006, 08:59 PM
How could you be bitching so much after a win?

He bitches all the damn time. Everything is always so damn negative. Which is why I ignored him.

dcb56
07-29-2006, 09:00 PM

Did you see that catch Patterson made? It was by far the best catch I've seen this week, Anderson smoked that ball and it had double written all over it. Can't blame Uribe for that one, it was just an amazing play.

Kub_Killer_15
07-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by caulfield12

Wasnt it a hit and run????:?: Also it looked like a double right off of the bat nothing uribe could have done there!

MrRoboto83
07-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Did you see that catch Patterson made? It was by far the best catch I've seen this week, Anderson smoked that ball and it had double written all over it. Can't blame Uribe for that one, it was just an amazing play.

Exactly. I never thought Patterson was going to come up with that one and I am sure Uribe didn't as well. I'm sure if Patterson didnt catch it he would of been wondering why Uribe didn't score if the tables were turned.

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 09:05 PM

I could not believe it....man, I thought that for sure was going to be by him...

I don't think anyone could have honestly expected that catch...I know I would have been caught on that one.:redface:

DrCrawdad
07-29-2006, 09:05 PM
All those losses before...

http://www.waxingamerica.com/images/alfred_2_1.jpg
What me worry?

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 09:07 PM
[/i]

Wasnt it a hit and run????:?: Also it looked like a double right off of the bat nothing uribe could have done there!

I believe it was from one of the angles I saw on the replay...I don't remember Hawk calling it though....could have just missed it.

BlackHat91
07-29-2006, 09:10 PM
I smell a sea change coming on. I think the SOX are going to return to form and start reeling of some wins again. We will be back in the division race in a couple of weeks.

Brian26
07-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Brian Anderson's approach at the plate continues to look better and better, and he saved the game by catching that ball at the wall that would have put the O's in the lead.

Chips
07-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Brian Anderson's approach at the plate continues to look better and better, and he saved the game by catching that ball at the wall that would have put the O's in the lead.

Anderson is ****ing awesome.

doctorlecter
07-29-2006, 09:15 PM

Yep. We don't win that game if Mack is in center.

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 09:16 PM

I think what always got discounted during Andersen's struggles was the area he covered. He saved as many runs as he has RBI....he is coming along just fine.....

No need to start Rob out there while Brian is playing like he has for the past month.

bluestar
07-29-2006, 09:17 PM
I smell a sea change coming on. I think the SOX are going to return to form and start reeling of some wins again. We will be back in the division race in a couple of weeks.

I didn't know the Sox were ever out of the division race!

DickAllen72
07-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Winnin' Ugly!

But it beats losin' pretty!

DickAllen72
07-29-2006, 09:21 PM

I think Ozzie was trying to save the bullpen because "Fifteen Out Javy" is pitching tomorrow.

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 09:24 PM
I think Ozzie was trying to save the bullpen because "Fifteen Out Javy" is pitching tomorrow.

That HAS to be in his mind...for whatever reason..nobody could get on track today...just one of those games...glad we came out on top...

I'll take it one game at a time...but yea, tomorrow will be interesting.

ode to veeck
07-29-2006, 09:56 PM

I'm glad I've been too busy to check these out lately

sox1970
07-29-2006, 10:01 PM
Any day when the Sox win and the Yankees, Twins, and Blue Jays lose is a great day. :bandance:

Britt Burns
07-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Yes! Two in a row. it has been a while since we've done that. Let's run the table the rest of the road trip...

SouthSide_HitMen
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
The post game show was brutal as a bunch of drillrods called to bitch about the White Sox. One ******* said the Sox should get involved in a three way trade for Greg Maddux. I am embarassed to be a fan of the same team as some of these morons.

This goes out to everyone who can't bare to see the White Sox successful:

http://www.goodyfourshoes.com/images/carpenters-main-april-01.jpg

We've only just begun to live,
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way.
We've just begun.

Before the rising sun we fly,
So many roads to choose
We start out walking and learn to run.
And yes, We've just begun.

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

And when the evening comes we smile,
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow,

RadioheadRocks
07-29-2006, 10:31 PM
http://www.goodyfourshoes.com/images/carpenters-main-april-01.jpg

We've only just begun to live,
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way.
We've just begun.

Before the rising sun we fly,
So many roads to choose
We start out walking and learn to run.

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

And when the evening comes we smile,
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow,

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside now! :D:

voodoochile
07-29-2006, 10:32 PM
:winner

Man, got to watch portions of the game at work including the final few outs. What a roller coaster. Great job by the offense. Way to make them pay for walking Thome so much.

:)

Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
The sun shine in...

SouthSide_HitMen
07-29-2006, 10:52 PM
I feel so warm and fuzzy inside now! :D:

It's hard not to Luv The Carpenters.

Can a parking lot poll for the best song by The Carpenters be far behind? :redneck

Let's keep the line moving!!!

1951Campbell
07-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Just got back from the game.

The Sox Army was loud and proud at Camden Yards, I think 40% of the folks there were Sox fans, or at least 40% of the noise was from Sox fans. The baserunning was amusing but it was a terrific win and it was nice to see Scotty and Thome signing stuff almost right up to first pitch.

I think the abyss has been avoided, folks.

TheDarkGundam
07-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Nice to start winning some games.
This is great, I hope we can keep this up for a while.
I missed the game because of work again, but it was nice having the cub fans I work with unable to come up with something to rag on me about. :bandance:
GO SOX
WOOOOOOO!

digdagdug23
07-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Just got back from the game.

The Sox Army was loud and proud at Camden Yards, I think 40% of the folks there were Sox fans, or at least 40% of the noise was from Sox fans. The baserunning was amusing but it was a terrific win and it was nice to see Scotty and Thome signing stuff almost right up to first pitch.

I think the abyss has been avoided, folks.

I noticed quite a few shirts, hats, etc., in the stands, and occassionally heard the crowd noise, but there was NO DENYING it in the bottom of the 9th, it truly sounded like they were playing at home.

Great job representing!

wassagstdu
07-29-2006, 11:03 PM
Brian Anderson ... saved the game by catching that ball at the wall that would have put the O's in the lead.
Off the bat that ball was GONE. I could not believe it came down on the track. By the time Anderson caught it I had already rung up four runs for the Zero's. It was as if some supernatural force knocked it down and I felt like the game -- and maybe the season, because if they had blown that lead and lost it would have been devastating -- was given back to the Sox after having been taken away.

Grzegorz
07-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Ugly, ugly, ugly, but it was a win when both the Twins and Yankees lost.

Garland will be better next time out I am sure of that.

SOXPHILE
07-29-2006, 11:23 PM
PHEW ! That was UGLY. But they got the win. Can't believe I had to sweat out this W when the offense put up 13. It was like a 16" softball game out there. Hopefully, back to baseball tommorrow, and another win.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-29-2006, 11:30 PM
PHEW ! That was UGLY. But they got the win. Can't believe I had to sweat out this W when the offense put up 13. It was like a 16" softball game out there. Hopefully, back to baseball tommorrow, and another win.

I didn't hear Ozzie's post-game but ESPN quoted him as saying something like, you know it's a bad game when you score 13 runs and still need your closer for the 9th.

Lip Man 1
07-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Interesting game...obviously Garland was still suffering the effects of that illness.

Still a win is a win is a win. Doesn't matter now how you get it or how it looks. Just keep winning games.

Lip

The Racehorse
07-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Just got back from the game... great to see our guys knock around the opposing pitching like it's batting practice. While our pitching also got knocked around, at this point, the Sox won and that's the bottom line. :cool:

LongLiveFisk
07-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Definitely not pretty but maybe "winning ugly" a couple of times in a row will lead to winning a bunch in row in 2005 fashion. You gotta start somewhere! :D:

markopat
07-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Looks more like a Bears vs. Lions score!! LOL

Believin and Lovin it!

SWEEP em Tomorrow Sox!!

PeteWard
07-30-2006, 12:20 AM

If they can get the lead down to 5 by Aug 11, I'll be happy. That's when the Tigers visit. Win that series, it's down to 4; sweep, it's down to 2. Do either and there is still a month and a half to make up the rest. :cool:

But this only do-able if the starters regain form. The hitting I am sure will be there.

Zisk77
07-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Jason Marquis? I don't recall facing him at any point prior to the interleague series we played against St. Louis in June.

Nope! Marquis stuck it up our rectums in Atl and the braves spanked us. I know I was at 2 of the 3 games that we were swept in Atlanta.

QCIASOXFAN
07-30-2006, 12:40 AM
If they can get the lead down to 5 by Aug 11, I'll be happy. That's when the Tigers visit. Win that series, it's down to 4; sweep, it's down to 2. Do either and there is still a month and a half to make up the rest. :cool: Good call.

thomas35forever
07-30-2006, 01:15 AM
I didn't get to see the game. Why was Garland pulled early? I know he gave up some runs, but was Ozzie not taking any chances?

FarWestChicago
07-30-2006, 01:41 AM
The post game show was brutal as a bunch of drillrods called to bitch about the White Sox. One ******* said the Sox should get involved in a three way trade for Greg Maddux. I am embarassed to be a fan of the same team as some of these morons.That's nothing. Check out a game thread or a postgame thread after a loss here. Now we are talking serious embarrassment. :o:

hawkjt
07-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Garland was taken out due to excessive pitches, hits, and illness and the heat. He did not look very healthy-very pale. He hung in there and got the win.

Hot day like that - made for hitting and the hitters took full advantage.
Thankfully the sox kept piling it on- Iguchis hit was big in the 9th. BA is at this point one of our most dangerous hitters- hope it lasts. And great glove again today. Hope he gets another start tomorrow with the way the ball is flying around out there.

Joe looks like he could use a day off. Have Mack start at third tomorrow.

Tommorrow cements some real momentum going to the suddenly hot KC.

Javy- you are on the clock.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Check out a game thread or a postgame thread after a loss here. Now we are talking serious embarrassment. :o:

I've been here since 2004 - I know better. :D:

MrRoboto83
07-30-2006, 02:26 AM
That's nothing. Check out a game thread or a postgame thread after a loss here. Now we are talking serious embarrassment. :o:

That is always a painful experience.

jongarlandlover
07-30-2006, 02:42 AM
Garland was taken out due to excessive pitches, hits, and illness and the heat. He did not look very healthy-very pale. He hung in there and got the win.

Is Jonny sick? I didn't hear anything about this...

IlliniSox4Life
07-30-2006, 02:50 AM
Is Jonny sick? I didn't hear anything about this...

Yeah. Had a bad cold or something along those lines. Apparently if his start was yesterday he would have had to miss it.

Frankfan4life
07-30-2006, 03:37 AM
What a short post game thread. Only 81 (now 82 posts). I have to confess that I'm feeling more relieved than happy. The Sox need a loooooong winning streak to get my confidence level back up.

balke
07-30-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm very hopeful this is the beginning of a run for the Sox. I think its time for javy to have a great outing, and Buehrle and Jose to grab some wins. It would be great if all the pitchers could win 2 in a row.

Frontman
07-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Well, that game was.....brutal? Painful? Good God! I was convinced they were going to loose when McCarthy of all pitchers started throwing grapefruits.

Should we really feel that they played excellent ball? I'm not 100% sure, but I'll take a win however we can get it, even if that means Coop takes the mound for an inning, with Ozzie at short. And the length of the game didn't do anything for worried Sox fans. Hell, I know Ozzie started out with no Goatee, was he still clean shaven when the game ended?

The good
Saw some runs manufactured off of small-ball again.
Garland got into jams, got out of them; all with the stomach flu/bug that the locker room has been getting these past few weeks.
Some heads up play to get runs/bases off of misplays by the O's.

The Bad
Saw that yet again, we needed the HR's to win this game. Without them, we would of lost.
Brandon cost us some runs. He's supposed to be our stud "can do no wrong" pitcher.
Some horrible base running decisions.

Again, glad we got the win, I'll take it. But man, I do hope we can start smoothing out the wrinkles.

Front

Frontman
07-30-2006, 08:16 AM
The post game show was brutal as a bunch of drillrods called to bitch about the White Sox. One ******* said the Sox should get involved in a three way trade for Greg Maddux. I am embarassed to be a fan of the same team as some of these morons.

Well, do keep in mind that enough talk radio will get the diarreha mouths to start spouting. I don't think Greg would come here anyways, but we really don't need a 80-something fastball and an enlarged strike zone pitcher. Besides, doesn't his catcher come with him? Which means Sandy Alomar would have to be moved as well. We don't need him.

What we need is to see our players playing like they did the first half of the season, and all will be well.

Front

KyWhiSoxFan
07-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Garland had a sinus infection, which helps explain why he was ineffective. He'll shut them down next time.

TornLabrum
07-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Garland had a sinus infection, which helps explain why he was ineffective. He'll shut them down next time.

Boy, you've got that right. I've had them, and they can just about immobilize you. Talk about a headache!

SoxandtheCityTee
07-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Boy, you've got that right. I've had them, and they can just about immobilize you. Talk about a headache!

And in that heat. I was impressed by Jon hanging in there, esp. those two strikeouts to get out of the inning with runners on.

Everyone has games like these. All wins are good wins and a series win after losing several series is a very good win indeed.

viagracat
07-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Groovy.

:kneeslap:

viagracat
07-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Yep, an ugly win is still a win.

As I said earlier, if the Sox win today to make it three straight I will put a picture of Ross Gload in my sig for the rest of the season. He's done nothing but play great ball in this series, and I believe his slam Friday will start a nice run.

Can any of you sigmeisters help me out here if that happens? :smile:

Jurr
07-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh, man. Garland said that the sinus infection has been running its way through the clubhouse in the last couple of weeks. This is very interesting.

First of all, you treat those with antibiotics, which isn't that big a deal. They don't really affect you. The drugs that you use to treat the symptoms, though, can have a profound impact on a player. If they're not the antihistamine type (which make you drowsy), you're talking about the pseudoephedrine type drugs that hop you up and can really dry you out.

These infections can mess up your equilibrium, as well. At the end of the day, it's still just a damn cold, but I could see how this could affect the team just a hair.

digdagdug23
07-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Oh, man. Garland said that the sinus infection has been running its way through the clubhouse in the last couple of weeks. This is very interesting.

First of all, you treat those with antibiotics, which isn't that big a deal. They don't really affect you. The drugs that you use to treat the symptoms, though, can have a profound impact on a player. If they're not the antihistamine type (which make you drowsy), you're talking about the pseudoephedrine type drugs that hop you up and can really dry you out.

These infections can mess up your equilibrium, as well. At the end of the day, it's still just a damn cold, but I could see how this could affect the team just a hair.

Depending on the course of treatment, the antibiotics can mess with you, too. The newest one, and supposedly preferred method, is the 2-day dosage of Zithro, and that is some messed up stuff in a pill. My stomach has a really hard time tolerating it. Makes me feel sicker than I did before I took it, but within 2 days, *poof* all gone. Worth the ripped up intestines.

rihannsu
07-30-2006, 04:38 PM
And, given that broad-spectrum antibiotics tend to kill bacteria indiscriminately, you can wind up with all sorts of interior plumbing being uncomfortable, which then can cause nausea and dizziness as well.

All in all, I was impressed by Garland's skill in throwing while medicated. I'm well aware that the sports are very different, but my daughter is figure skater, and those sinus infection meds prevent her from even getting out on the ice.

Rihannsu

Frontman
07-30-2006, 07:59 PM

It was a sinus infection? I'm even more impressed than if he had the stomach flu. Good job all things considered.

Front

credefan24
07-30-2006, 08:16 PM
I have a question. I thought Mackowiak was brought in as a bench player, not as an "every third day player." Anderson has been playing great D, and has been smoking the ball as of late. Just seems like a platoon that isn't really necessary.
I'm not blaming the loss today on Rob, just curious as to why Ozzie keeps taking BA out of the lineup every so often.

bryPt
07-31-2006, 07:52 AM
because Ozzie wants to play the entire season without the opening day lineup more than 30 times the entire year. Keep his guys fresh for the offseason golfing while Detroit and Minny move onto the playoffs.

Chips
07-31-2006, 08:12 AM
because Ozzie wants to play the entire season without the opening day lineup more than 30 times the entire year. Keep his guys fresh for the offseason golfing while Detroit and Minny move onto the playoffs.

:rolleyes: