PDA

View Full Version : Kyle McCollough to W/S

goldglovesox
07-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Wes Whisler sent to AA Birmingham. Kyle McCollough will be sent from Great Falls to Winston-Salem for the corresponding roster move.

EMachine10
07-29-2006, 11:53 AM
he's been solid so far, albeit in rookie ball....good news to hear

ps, can we find a new face to replace Honel on the banner? :cool: I was rooting for him but he's kinda MIA

California Sox
07-29-2006, 11:29 PM
Whisler might be the most fascinating player in our system. A heavily-touted, two-way player at UCLA, his performance has never quite matched his ability but he's having a pretty solid, if not particularly dominating, year. He's filling Lumsden's spot in the Baron's rotation, I hope he can fill Lumsden's place in our pitching depth.

Mr. White Sox
07-30-2006, 12:44 AM
he's been solid so far, albeit in rookie ball....good news to hear

ps, can we find a new face to replace Honel on the banner? :cool: I was rooting for him but he's kinda MIA

Isn't that Ryan Meaux on there too?

Randar68
07-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Whisler might be the most fascinating player in our system. A heavily-touted, two-way player at UCLA, his performance has never quite matched his ability but he's having a pretty solid, if not particularly dominating, year. He's filling Lumsden's spot in the Baron's rotation, I hope he can fill Lumsden's place in our pitching depth.

Always been a huge Whisler fan... Sometimes throwers learn how to pitch as they gain experience, sometimes they don't. Whisler has attacked hitters and relied on his very good movement this year. It's resulted in fewer K's, and he still walks his share of guys, but it's kept him pitching in better counts and has kept him out of most of the big innings that used to kill his otherwise good outings.

pauliemyhero14
07-31-2006, 01:56 PM
i hope Kyle McCoullough was a steal at 29. i Really liked him when Texas was at the college world series.

StatHead21
08-02-2006, 04:41 PM
After looking at McCollough's #s @ Great Falls, I am excited about him. 27 K's in 22 IP is a good sign of things to come.