PDA

View Full Version : Ticket debacle, I need some help/advice.

Timmy D's
07-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Well, I tried to do something nice, and now I'm screwed. I had donated my FS tickets to about 8 games this year for a fundraiser for a girl who is sick by me, and to make a long story short, I had 2 of those games as games I knew I couldnt attend, both due to weddings we knew about when I first got my tix in April and I posted them for saleat the bear minimum price at the WhiteSox tickets site. Well I just got an email from WhiteSox Ticket Exchange that my tickets had sold, and I thought that was odd I wasnt selling any, but it turns out I put those tix for 8/9, and another weekend date for sale months ago when I knew I wouldnt make it there, and when I donated them I like a dumb arz forgot all about posting them, and voila~ you see my problem. I just called the people who the fundraiser was for, and they told me they have no records of who won what particular, what they call"miscelaneous prizes", only the big prizes they were raffling off!:(: So now I have someone I dont know w/ the hard tix, and someone i dont know w/ the E-Fast printed variety, about to collide at the gates. I just called White Sox and they're closed till Monday, so I just feel terrible. Any advice appreciated:(:

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Someone get me a Flathead and a Phillips this kid is screwed.

voodoochile
07-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Keep talking to the Sox. Tell them what is up. They might pick you up because of the nature of the cause or at worst you could use the money you got back on the game to buy two others if they aren't sold out and then give them to the people who got the e-tickets and at worst you are back to where you started, no money and no tickets and everyone is covered.

Push comes to shove, donate the money to the cause and then when the people who won the auction call back mad, they can get their money back if they want to.

Timmy D's
07-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Oh, I'm more than happy to buy them much better seats to the game(the E-ticketers),I'm not worried about the moneysold them at their minimum $14 each price, I just dont know who they are to pay them. I just emailed my rep tellin her the score, and I'll buy these people seats anywhere they want, I just gotta know who they are.:(: ARRRRGGGGHHHHH, I swear I get into the craziest situations.:(:

Timmy D's
07-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Push comes to shove, donate the money to the cause and then when the people who won the auction call back mad, they can get their money back if they want to.

My luck the raffle winner people will get their 1st though!!:(:

getonbckthr, you're right, just get me a philips!!!:(:

Ol' No. 2
07-29-2006, 12:01 AM
My luck the raffle winner people will get their 1st though!!:(:

getonbckthr, you're right, just get me a philips!!!:(:If the raffle winners get there first they won't get in. They deactivate the bar codes on the printed tickets when they're sold on the ticket exchange. If you can get in touch with the Sox ticket office they may be able to fix the ticket exchange purchasers with replacements and re-activate the other tickets.

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks Ole #2!! I did not know that!!

On a good recent developement, the people who had the fundraiser just called me saying they did have a sign in sheet, and most people filled in their email addy, so that they could send them medical updates on their daughter, so I could send out a blanket email to all on the addy book of the problem and hopefully get them a substitute pair.

Hey i better post in the ticket section I need 2 for the 8/9 Yankee game, LOL.

35th&Shields
07-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh, I'm more than happy to buy them much better seats to the game(the E-ticketers),I'm not worried about the moneysold them at their minimum $14 each price, I just dont know who they are to pay them. I just emailed my rep tellin her the score, and I'll buy these people seats anywhere they want, I just gotta know who they are.:(: ARRRRGGGGHHHHH, I swear I get into the craziest situations.:(:

Well you know that you can't track down the people with the hard tickets, but the White Sox can track down the people who bought the TicketExchange tickets. If I were you I would ask the Sox to contact the person who bought the tickets on the exchange (they probably won't give you their names, but they have them) and see if they can work it out. As long as you are willing to foot the bill for some extra seats I don't see why it would be a problem, especially since the whole thing started with you donated tix for charity. Good luck. I give you credit for trying to fix a situation that seems like an honest and goodhearted mistake.

Law11
07-29-2006, 09:34 AM
How can an auction not have a list of its winning bidders. Just from a business standpoint to ensure nothing funnny was going on...

Geez we had one at our chruch and I bidded on various Sox autographed pictures for like $10 and had to register my name as the winner.

I would have the Sox cancel the fundraiser tickets or purchase new ones in advance of those and have the sox supply the winners with those tickets at the main gate area where you enter for the suites.

They have a ticket booth inside that gate for discrepencies that Ive been taken to when I had issues with my printed paper tickets from ticketmaster.

digdagdug23
07-29-2006, 09:53 AM
How can an auction not have a list of its winning bidders. Just from a business standpoint to ensure nothing funnny was going on...

Plus, it wasn't a featured auction item? A misc. prize? I certainly hope they were giving a Lamborghini as a grand prize. :redneck

nasox
07-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks Ole #2!! I did not know that!!

On a good recent developement, the people who had the fundraiser just called me saying they did have a sign in sheet, and most people filled in their email addy, so that they could send them medical updates on their daughter, so I could send out a blanket email to all on the addy book of the problem and hopefully get them a substitute pair.

Hey i better post in the ticket section I need 2 for the 8/9 Yankee game, LOL.

I have two availible for 8/9. Uppers, but if you want them, PM me. Hope the situation works out for you.

MrRoboto83
07-29-2006, 08:42 PM
The hard tickets are already cancelled!! Once a deal is made on the ticket exchange your original tickets are voided.

BeefyD
07-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Am I crazy, or how come he cannot use the money he just made and purchase two tickets elsewhere for the same games and give them to the winners who are now NOT going to be let in?

It's one thing to be upset about losing a profit on tickets you just sold, but its a completely different story to know that you profited on tickets that you donated to help a sick person.

BeefyD
07-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh, I'm more than happy to buy them much better seats to the game(the E-ticketers),I'm not worried about the moneysold them at their minimum $14 each price.:(:

You're telling me that you sold Yankees tickets on the ticket exchange for $14 a piece? I haven't seen anything less than $32 a piece, and that's for section 552. Or is there another ticket exchange that I haven't seen? Something doesn't sound right...

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Beefy D, my bad they were $24 on the exchange minimum allowed price. My problem is I do not know who these people are!! I'm not trying to make money here. I'm trying to figure WHO I can but 2 new seats for. By the way I have given away alot of tickets thsi year, some to people here for free, along w/ parking, and Stadium clubs, not to mention the 8 sets I donated on this occasion. Sorry I typed 14 instead of 24, but dont make me sound like I'm trying to make money here, I jsut sent out an email to 680 people pleading my case, so that the affected party can step forward, and I offered them up to $200 in tickets foir that game to make up for it. jeeshhhh, sorry!!

For everyone else thanks for your help, at least I learned that the hard tix were the ones to pursue, and through some creative thinkin figured out a way to track them down.

BeefyD
07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
[screwed up something trying to copy the quote]

I just said somethin' didn't sound right... and I was right.

Ok, now you just sold a pair of tickets against the Yankess on the ticket exchange for $48. Now buy a pair for a later date and make it right. EVEN if you do not know who the people are who won the fundraiser tickets, the fundraiser organization is who the people will blame. MAKE DARN SURE that the organization has a replacement set of tickets to a game at a later date to give these nice people who just got sent away at the gate.

Make it right, son, make it right. You may have to pay a bit more (or give tickets to a game you CAN go to) to make things right. That's life.

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 10:22 PM
That's why I offered them $200 worth of ticket buying power for that game, to make up for the confusion. I want to buy them tickets for that night, just better ones(up to $200 they can pick the seats off the exchange or where ever and I'll buy them). What dont you understand???

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Ahhh just forget it!!:(:

BeefyD
07-29-2006, 10:25 PM
I understand fully. Stop taking offense to everything I type.

I mention something didn't sound right.. you go off saying I'm accusing you when I all I did was be correct.

Again, you can have all of the buying "power" you want, I'm saying make it right with the fundraiser organization who is now trying to help you save your butt. Make sure they have another pair of tickets to give. Whether or not you find out who got the originals. Save face with the organization.

CommanderPudge72
07-29-2006, 10:40 PM
I understand fully. Stop taking offense to everything I type.

I mention something didn't sound right.. you go off saying I'm accusing you when I all I did was be correct.

Again, you can have all of the buying "power" you want, I'm saying make it right with the fundraiser organization who is now trying to help you save your butt. Make sure they have another pair of tickets to give. Whether or not you find out who got the originals. Save face with the organization.

I think he was trying to do that from the start, he was just looking for ideas on how to do it.

Miscommunication, that's all...sounds like an honest mistake and he is trying to make ammends.

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Again the whole problem was tracking the people down They spent(donated) like $10 to win my tickets that I gave to them, and accidently sold. So I'm offering them 2 seats up to $100 each of there choice, to make up for my crummy UD seats that were face 20 somethin. I lose all around, and that's fine, I'm just trying to find the people before they drive all trhe way down there for not. So that is why I want to get them replaced and upgraded(for the inconvenience). It not a matter of saving face w/ the organazation, they are a neighbor of ours whos daughter has leukemia and the whole reason everyone donated or bought raffle tix was to help out. We all know each other, or a friend of a friend type of thing, it's not like I'm trying to screw them, I'm trying to prevent a disappointment from occuring and am prepared to pay to make that happen. Again I'm not taking offense to what you are saying, I just didnt think you understood my dilema. It's not about money, or anything it's about resolving it at any cost. It was my stupid mistake, and I'm trying to make it right, and am going about it in a generous manner I feel. Think of it as I'm a hotel, and I'm bumping them to a suite, because the regular room they reserved wasnt available.

BeefyD
07-29-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm sure someone that you emailed will either be the person or know the person who got the tickets. I know you're doing the right thing for them. I just thought the fundraiser was held by an organization who might be unjustly accused of raffling bad items. If its a friend, or a friend of a friend, then they know you and know you're not a bad person. That was my misunderstanding. So my thought was that you need to make nice with the organization.

Again, I have the utmost faith that this will work out.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm sure someone that you emailed will either be the person or know the person who got the tickets. I know you're doing the right thing for them. I just thought the fundraiser was held by an organization who might be unjustly accused of raffling bad items. If its a friend, or a friend of a friend, then they know you and know you're not a bad person. That was my misunderstanding. So my thought was that you need to make nice with the organization.

Again, I have the utmost faith that this will work out.

BTW, I sent you a PM.

Exactly! And thanks to the knowledge here, I learned the hard tix were void, so instead of goin through White Sox for the E tix, I knew I had to seek the peopel w/ the hard tix somehow. Thats when those people thought of the email list, so, you're right I'm positive, someone will be that person and or know the person. Some how it will work out. Thanks for your well wishes. I'm replying to your pm now. Thanks, tim.

getonbckthr
07-30-2006, 03:34 AM
Still screwed I see.

nasox
07-30-2006, 04:55 AM
Still screwed I see.

http://www.jumsoft.com/jam/samples/ScrewDriver/ScrewDriver.jpg